Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2020 12:29:27 PM EDT
A couple of posts down I found a guy in Ukraine who is part of a company that designed and built a mostly 3D printed revolver grenade launcher. I got in contact with this company and they are willing to send the design files, not sure what they are at this point, anyways they will only send them to another arms manufacturer, not an individual. That's kind of a weird request, I assume that Ukraine may have some kind of law on that? I've thought about spending a few dollars to create my own domain with an official-looking company name but figured I'd ask here first. Does anyone here interested in 3D printing have an official arms manufacturing email or gunshop email that this Ukrainian company can send files to and can then forward to me? I have my fingers crossed for a set of complete CAD files but at this point am just intrigued by anything besides a computer virus that comes out of this lol. Results of this possibly could show up on defcad
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I see rat patrol has reached out, but let me know if I can help. I'd be interested in the files, of course
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope you share with the class!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
3D printed revolver grenade launcher
View Quote
Go on...
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Rat_Patrol. I'll definitely let the class know how things turn out. Worst case the request is lost in translation and he sends an information brochure, the best case is some pretty cool files that would be easy to neck down to 37mm and readily available to the community.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Also check GrabCad for the same username from Thingiverse...you might find everything you're looking for, if we're thinking of the same project.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also check GrabCad for the same username from Thingiverse...you might find everything you're looking for, if we're thinking of the same project.
View Quote

Doubt it but it's worth a look. Who's gabcad account am I looking for?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:09:33 AM EDT
[#8]
For the interested, this guy has some pretty high standards of what is an arms manufacturer, I think if you're the CEO of Lockheed you may be good but it doesn't look like we're getting those files directly from him. If someone else wants to try his contact email is uravnitel at gmail.com and his name is Dmitry Mitin he seems to be willing to send out whatever files he has free of charge with the only stipulation being it comes from an arms manufacturer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For the interested, this guy has some pretty high standards of what is an arms manufacturer, I think if you're the CEO of Lockheed you may be good but it doesn't look like we're getting those files directly from him. If someone else wants to try his contact email is uravnitel at gmail.com and his name is Dmitry Mitin he seems to be willing to send out whatever files he has free of charge with the only stipulation being it comes from an arms manufacturer.
View Quote

Seems highly suspicious.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:20:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, we know it's a real thing and I think most of it can be easily pieced together minus the internal ratcheting mechanism from the large number of 3D renderings and pictures that they have posted online. But ya, it's an odd exchange so far. One would think a company would just tell me to pound sand or provide a legal route to buy the right to the design for many many thousands of dollars. I chalked it up to cultural differences and maybe they have a similar law to our ITAR? From pictures posted online with their prototypes, it kinda looks like amateur hour at the Ukrainian trailer park... so there's definitely a big cultural gap from what we're used to in the US. Who knows, hopefully someone can get some working CAD files to share out of it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:17:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Seems highly suspicious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems highly suspicious.

Meh we're the outliers. I wouldn't want to find out what other countries have for their version of ITAR and its associated penalties.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an email that may work. Will send him one in a few
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top