Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2020 1:18:49 AM EDT
My old Pro has to go.  
Internet, Netflix, word processing is all I do.  
No music or video editing or storage.
I’m looking at refurbs.  
Where’s the best deal?
ETA: For my needs, I may just get a similar (cheaper)tablet that is MS friendly since I have MS Office cloud.
Anybody know what the latest beast deal is on a refurbished GO? Or suggestions for an alternative?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:19:51 AM EDT
[#1]
What gen are you replacing?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Circuits:
What gen are you replacing?
View Quote

It's running Windows 8 Pro...Served me well but needs new screen.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you looked at the Surface Go? Sounds like it would be a good fit for you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By M4arc:
Have you looked at the Surface Go? Sounds like it would be a good fit for you.
View Quote

For my needs, I may just get a similar (cheaper)tablet that is MS friendly since I have MS Office cloud.
Anybody know what the latest beast deal is on a refurbished GO? Or suggestions for an alternative?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The Surface Go 2 just launched.

If you can work with the iOS versions of Office apps, a regular iPad may work for you ($249 32GB, $329 128GB at BestBuy). You would need to buy a keyboard.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
One of my clients has been very happy with a few hundred Toshiba Surface devices
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:01:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
One of my clients has been very happy with a few hundred Toshiba Surface devices
View Quote

No such thing

I'd recommend a last-gen Surface Pro (SP6) or a mid-range spec of the new Go2.  Honestly any of these devices is going to do the things you want, it's just a matter of how fast you want them to get done.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:07:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

No such thing 

I'd recommend a last-gen Surface Pro (SP6) or a mid-range spec of the new Go2.  Honestly any of these devices is going to do the things you want, it's just a matter of how fast you want them to get done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MMcCall:
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
One of my clients has been very happy with a few hundred Toshiba Surface devices

No such thing 

I'd recommend a last-gen Surface Pro (SP6) or a mid-range spec of the new Go2.  Honestly any of these devices is going to do the things you want, it's just a matter of how fast you want them to get done.

Okay well Toshiba's clone/competition for the surface market.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Ipad. Brand new $250 at BB. I'd imagine there are deals out there, open box specials, or even used if you want to go that route. MS Office suite runs arguably more efficiently than on a Surface. I ditched a Surface ~a year ago for an iPad and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Last year I ended up buying the Dell EMC version of the Surface (Latitude 5290 2-in-1). Coming off of a mid-2010 MBP...there are very few things I dislike about the unit. Mine was a refurb model and has been doing great. I ended up going with the Dell over the Surface Pro as the Dell didn't have any propriatary interfaces...just USB-A and USB-C (it charges over USB-C). This little i5 gets me by for day to day stuff (it stays hooked up to twin 1080p monitors via a dock at home). I do miss my office desktop...which is a nice gaming rig with twin 4K monitors (none of which I need to do my job it was simply what I was given)...but one day I'll do more than RDP into it agian.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#11]
FWIW: Ended up with a Surface Go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top