Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 10:00:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cajun_Redneck]
deleted
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was deployed, not ship board, I used an ATT long distance card. I could refill it for 100+ minutes using my CC/Debit. I used it for years well after the card broke apart as I memorized the 800# and pin. I think I originally bought it at Sam's or Walmart. We could call DSN to local installation, nearest the person I wanted to call, ask for an outside line or moral call operator then dial the 800# .I always used USAF bases to call through as they were always the most forgiving as far as time limits. The Navy would probably be similar, the Army posts tended to be short call times as you would simply disconnect after a period of time say 15-20 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone even pay for phone cards any more? Everyone I know uses FaceTime or instant messenger to chat.... don't big ass boats have wifi?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top