Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 12/4/2018 11:21:54 AM EDT
Going to spend Christmas at the FIL's house on Sanibel, and my son and I want to escape for a couple days to KL.  He wanted to do a night dive while we're down there, so I need to find him a dive light.

Any recommendations on a reasonably priced light for a teenager?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Going to spend Christmas at the FIL's house on Sanibel, and my son and I want to escape for a couple days to KL.  He wanted to do a night dive while we're down there, so I need to find him a dive light.

Any recommendations on a reasonably priced light for a teenager?
View Quote
Have a look at DGX. Their 600 LED light is very nice.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/led-dive-lights
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Princeton Tec Torrent LED uses AA batteries and is $55 on Amazon.  Perfectly adequate for occasional use.  The biggest con is the size as it is a little large for putting in a BCD pocket.  Add a wrist lanyard and clip.

I have been using a SeaLife Sea Dragon Mini 900 lately as a primary light for cavern diving.  Very bright and has a good beam pattern.  Fits in a BCD pocket and operates with a push button, so it is easy to use with one hand.  $99 on Amazon with battery and charger.  Extra rechargeable batteries are $10-15 dollars.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:40:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Princeton Tec Torrent LED uses AA batteries and is $55 on Amazon.  Perfectly adequate for occasional use.  The biggest con is the size as it is a little large for putting in a BCD pocket.  Add a wrist lanyard and clip.

I have been using a SeaLife Sea Dragon Mini 900 lately as a primary light for cavern diving.  Very bright and has a good beam pattern.  Fits in a BCD pocket and operates with a push button, so it is easy to use with one hand.  $99 on Amazon with battery and charger.  Extra rechargeable batteries are $10-15 dollars.
View Quote
I have that SeaDragon Mini Light. Love it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Light and Motion GoBe for my primary (rec) and carry a Princeton 260 Lumen in my pocket for day time and backup at night.

https://smile.amazon.com/Light-Motion-White-Outdoor-Flashlight/dp/B016LCV9DM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&;qid=1544013357&sr=8-3&keywords=gobe+dive+light

I have alot of L and M gear, and really like it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the recommendations, everybody.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
He should be able to borrow one from the operator.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:39:44 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're just doing simple open water night dives then I would also look at the Big Blue dive lights.
They sell a combo pack with a 1200 lumens primary + 450 lumens backup that works great for basic open water dives and comes in at a reasonable price for a set of dive lights.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top