Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2018 7:34:50 PM EDT
There are some facebook posts which are pretty powerful evidence in a case I am preparing. I can't figure out how to download individual posts. I tried, but it downloaded and reformatted the whole page.

I will be grateful if someone can tell me how to capture one post at a time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, best option is a screencap. It's super easy with an iPhone or iPad. Just press the power button and home button at the same time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If using a windows computer

Screen shots are probably your best bet.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
As other have said. Your best bet is screenshot from a mobile or tablet or from the computer just press the Prt Scrn on top of the Insert Button on your keyboard.  after that you can paste it in paint/ word or anywhere also and save.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Alt-PrtSc on a computer or laptop just to capture the browser window with Facebook (make sure it's active).

Stupid question from a non-attorney: wouldn't you have to subpoena Facebook for those posts for them to be introduced into evidence?  Screen captures can be altered pretty easily with a variety of programs; they're just picture files.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alt-PrtSc on a computer or laptop just to capture the browser window with Facebook (make sure it's active).

Stupid question from a non-attorney: wouldn't you have to subpoena Facebook for those posts for them to be introduced into evidence?  Screen captures can be altered pretty easily with a variety of programs; they're just picture files.
View Quote
The page owner will be on cross-examination

Your FB acct name is Bubbles, isn't it?

And this is your picture here, isn't it?

So this is your post from August 18, right?

That's the basic predicate - the author admits authenticity; in this case, without knowing the importance of the document to the case.

It is up to the other side to claim and demonstrate tampering with a document. You can use altered documents to get the witness to say "Yes, that's my report," which is followed by the instruction "Please read out loud the last sentence of the third paragraph." Witness: "'I am convinced that the suspect did not break any law.' WAIT A MINUTE!" "Can we assume, sir, that you were as meticulous in investigating the case as in authenticating that document? After all, a citizen's liberty is at stake." [Judge yells loudly at me to no effect]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Screenshots.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Screenshot with ShareX. It's free, you can do scrolling pages, windows, selection by hand, so much.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Archive the page. Then if you switch to mobile on the browser  by replacing  www. with m. You can right click and save videos and pictures.

But that will not save individual posts, just content.

I would just archive their page. Then print out hardcopies, and have the archive page to reference in court.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Got what I needed. Thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Delete your FB account
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top