Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
all political theatre!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You think it's funny? I don't have any issues with troops in DC, it is a military district after all, but the imagery of them having to sleep in the Capitol like a bunch of skid row hobos is disgraceful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's disgraceful.

You think it's funny? I don't have any issues with troops in DC, it is a military district after all, but the imagery of them having to sleep in the Capitol like a bunch of skid row hobos is disgraceful.

They should probably be goose stepping around the building like NORKS.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Our Government is absolutely useless.

They don't react at all when needed and over react to everything else.

Bunch of buffoons.
View Quote

Best summary in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gimme a water bottle and an MRE heater.
View Quote

I like the way you think
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

NG troops not having any ammo/mags issued is pretty common.  Throw on top that multiple members of Congress have publicly voiced concern over Guardsman being "sympathetic" to "domestic terrorists" and I'd seriously doubt they'll be issued ammo at any point leading up to and through the inauguration.
View Quote
Then it's all political theater?
ETA: I guess the point is to try to paint all Trump supporters as dangerous. ("See this is what we had to do to secure our Capitol!!" *clutches pearls*
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll take American history for $1,000.

Its what are the founding fathers are doing today.
What is rolling over in their graves?

Right!
View Quote

They would have been horrified at the worthless pieces of shit rioting at the Capitol. Those were garbage people acting just like those commie bastards in Portland. Fuck them, the shitheads can’t handle the fact that the President lost an election.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Our Government is absolutely useless.

They don't react at all when needed and over react to everything else.

Bunch of buffoons.
View Quote

The herald of every revolution.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Then it's all political theater?
ETA: I guess the point is to try to paint all Trump supporters as dangerous. ("See this is what we had to do to secure our Capitol!!" *clutches pearls*
View Quote

Was there ever any doubt?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Damn some of you guys have noooo idea what life in the military is like. My first thought was "INSIDE?!?! lucky bitches!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a lot of VA claims in the future for bad backs / injuries.

Damn some of you guys have noooo idea what life in the military is like. My first thought was "INSIDE?!?! lucky bitches!"

Right! plus MRE's and Snapple.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This must be some kind of a joke that I'm too Marine to understand
View Quote

Nope. Ask anyone who's been through army bootcamp the last 10 years how they liked their weekend icecream and cell phone calls.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
ITT seditionists are surprised that the government is fighting back.
View Quote

Leftists always out themselves. Quislings like this will be the first to rat on you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#15]
The fact this poor old lady who probably was pushed in by the crowd is going to prison or will be charged makes me sad! She looks so lost and giddy at the same time!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/307850/7D9907EA-DF5F-48CE-B779-BE18595C9850_jpe-1777651.JPG

I always had a feeling about that guy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Apparently Pelosi now likes storm troopers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Looks like AP
View Quote

M855A1 ball
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Apparently Pelosi now likes storm troopers.
View Quote

No she doesn't.  They're a means to an end, but there's a reason they weren't issued ammunition.  She still hates them, but properly neutered she can use the to sew fear in the hearts of her constituents.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Standing armies something something...
View Quote

Barracked army in the Capital
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
“Just following orders”
View Quote

The coup is complete
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Cots suck. They are marginally more comfortable than a floor, and carrying them all in a building and setting them up is a clusterfuck in tight spaces...

IMO not worth it in a lot of cases. We rarely used them except in instances of semi-permanent shelter. Personally I'd rather just sleep on my issued isomat or personally owned inflatable mat instead dealing with a cot.

It's not a big deal, every one of them got the job they applied for.

It's not an unusual situation, most don't even think twice about it.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1656153_10101024935358318_1980394041_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=H42KcGDXv1oAX_M32HA&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=9023fa6a3487fd5a301b814db3477e72&oe=6023B02B
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn they really have all those Joes posted in there without even anything to rest on, on the fucking hard ass cold floor. That looks like shit on their leadership, which given they're in the capitol, I guess goes all the way to the top.

Having armed military posted up there looks like shit anyway. It looks like some third world bullshit, or like that part in Dark Knight Rises where they are all fucking around in government buildings doing whatever having kangaroo court. Weird times.
 Never served huh?
 and stay off them couches!

Swing and a miss. It happening frequently doesn’t mean it’s not a failure of leadership in this instance too.

Cots suck. They are marginally more comfortable than a floor, and carrying them all in a building and setting them up is a clusterfuck in tight spaces...

IMO not worth it in a lot of cases. We rarely used them except in instances of semi-permanent shelter. Personally I'd rather just sleep on my issued isomat or personally owned inflatable mat instead dealing with a cot.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1656153_10101024935358318_1980394041_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=H42KcGDXv1oAX_M32HA&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=9023fa6a3487fd5a301b814db3477e72&oe=6023B02B

Yeah I never really liked the cots, and yeah they’re kinda a hassle to set up for large groups in small spaces. In several days no one thought maybe they’d secure their joes some mats or sleeping bags? Or maybe I’m just not seeing them. It’s not like they’re out in the middle of nowhere and that’s a big ask.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Digital ACU...  gross
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They get cell phones in basic now.  They have time out cards for when it gets too tough.  The military has no idea what life in the military is like.
View Quote

They've got snacks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah I never really liked the cots, and yeah they’re kinda a hassle to set up for large groups in small spaces. In several days no one thought maybe they’d secure their joes some mats or sleeping bags? Or maybe I’m just not seeing them. It’s not like they’re out in the middle of nowhere and that’s a big ask.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn they really have all those Joes posted in there without even anything to rest on, on the fucking hard ass cold floor. That looks like shit on their leadership, which given they're in the capitol, I guess goes all the way to the top.

Having armed military posted up there looks like shit anyway. It looks like some third world bullshit, or like that part in Dark Knight Rises where they are all fucking around in government buildings doing whatever having kangaroo court. Weird times.
 Never served huh?
 and stay off them couches!

Swing and a miss. It happening frequently doesn’t mean it’s not a failure of leadership in this instance too.

They *should* be issued mats. If not, then that is certainly a failure. I see a few in bags...it may be they were told not to use bags (I've seen dumber shit).
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's disgraceful.
View Quote
Bite may ass disgraceful.

They are sent there to sit around 'just in case'.

This is what soldiers sitting around looks like.

Want them out doing patrols?  Riiight, that will look good.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah I never really liked the cots.
View Quote

Cots suck.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Congress must be really frightened, what a government we have now
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#29]
One guy has a 30 rounder stuck in his rifle while he's chillin.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They get cell phones in basic now.  They have time out cards for when it gets too tough.  The military has no idea what life in the military is like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a lot of VA claims in the future for bad backs / injuries.

I’ve heard from people that went through more recent than me that cell phones are definitely a thing in boot to one degree or another, but I always thought the stress card thing was a myth. Wasn’t it just a thing they tried in a navy basic training class once and later abandoned or something IIRC?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken this is the first time since 1861 that soldiers have been quartered in the halls of congress. Last unit who was forced to sleep there was the 6th Massachusetts Militia Regiment after their march from Baltimore following the riots there.
View Quote

And there are people who have the audacity to call the southerners the traitors.  Things are looking much the same.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They're GI's, not Marines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're going to draw dicks everywhere

They're GI's, not Marines.
So there won't be dicks EVERYWHERE.

But if you think that they aren't going to draw dicks . . . you never went into the port-a-john.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Hurry up and wait.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They would have been horrified at the worthless pieces of shit rioting at the Capitol. Those were garbage people acting just like those commie bastards in Portland. Fuck them, the shitheads can’t handle the fact that the President lost an election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right!

Ever heard of Thomas Jefferson? Apparently not.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like a stage at an action rifle match.

"You're asleep in a pile of fellow National Guardsman on the floor of a lobby. Your rifle is empty. You have one 10 round mag with 100mph tape over it. At the buzzer, 500 armed patriots break into the hall. Defend yourself."

BEEEEP!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No she doesn't.  They're a means to an end, but there's a reason they weren't issued ammunition.  She still hates them, but properly neutered she can use the to sew fear in the hearts of her constituents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Apparently Pelosi now likes storm troopers.

There's a reason we refused to send unarmed troops anywhere.  They have a full loadout of 5.56, 9mm, 12g, 40mm, and taser- lethal and less lethal.  They also have CBRN and armor gear.  What you are seeing in the pictures is the (their) intended result of providing anything to DC...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I wonder how many politicians spit on them when they walked by.

The one picture with the politician walking by looks like he is acting like they're homeless people.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wonder how many politicians spit on them when they walked by.

The one picture with the politician walking by looks like he is acting like they're homeless people.
View Quote

To them common citizens are useless dirtbags; soldiers are just useful dirtbags.  Both worthy of contempt.  

Welcome to The New Nobility.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"You're asleep in a pile of fellow National Guardsman on the floor of a lobby. Your rifle is empty. You have one 10 round mag with 100mph tape over it. At the buzzer, 500 armed patriots break into the hall. Defend yourself."

BEEEEP!
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
One guy has a 30 rounder stuck in his rifle while he's chillin.
View Quote

Maybe a NCO, or someone "trustworthy "

No doubt if something does happen they'll be issued ammo in a hurry. At that point politicians won't have to worry, unless it turns into a Braveheart Irish scene
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

let me guess...every state that had massive voter fraud sent troops to preserve their victory theft...
View Quote

No, Cumhole sent 1,000 from NY.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#43]
"The chinese are laughing at us"
"The whole world is laughing at us"
"We look like a banana republic"

That ship sailed folks

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Big damn heroes.

Will there be a service medal for this opera(tion)?
View Quote

Depending on how how well the Inauguration goes... you can bet there will be some hilariously worded medals/decorations packages written up for the ass kissers/leadership on how they single handedly enabled an incident free presidential inauguration.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Maybe a NCO, or someone "trustworthy "

No doubt if something does happen they'll be issued ammo in a hurry.
View Quote

They probably have ammo distribution points somewhere outside the capitol building, well away from the elites that fear them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Tonight on ABC news
*serious sounding, scary music intro*
David Manure: "tonight, National Guard troops guarding the Capital. Intelligence sources say Trump himself will parachute in wielding a sword to illegally take back his Presidency from legally and fairly elected Knothead biden. Orangeman bad, Orangeman bad!"
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lick those boots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lick those boots.

Lincoln wax. My favorite.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right!

And those garbage people received equal protection under the law right?  They are being treated the same as the commie bastards in Portland they were acting just like?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bunch of unsecured weapons if you ask me.
View Quote

No mags issued and they probably also confiscated bolts.  It's fucking theater.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

BEEEEP!
View Quote

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top