BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/24/2021 8:30:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t know anyone who thought he would be charged .

Conservatives can be doxxed , fired, looted, burned out, assaulted or murdered .

Do people not know this ?

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The Times loves to decide a divisive issue. This gives them their favorite soapbox. Revolting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh,there’safuckin’surprise.gif

The Praetorian Guard are untouchable.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The difference is the left would riot and burn down a city because of this.

Their tactics are much better than ours unfortunately.
The squeaky wheel gets greased.

They know we will do jack shit about it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that why they needed 20K NG troops, fences, checkpoints, and requested Humvees with big guns?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Does not fit the narrative to push for more oppression and control.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He was about to be over run an angry mob! Sure the video shows the other "rioters" standing around with their thumbs up their asses when Babbit was shot

Look like NYT got ahold a statement from the shooter, who I didn't see them name

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/us/capitol-police-shooting-ashli-babbitt.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage
View Quote

Wish I was not typing from my phone but here goes.

Nothing REALLY matters until it's personal.

Rioters did not matter to Congress until it was at their door, by bad orange man people.

Conservatives don't care until a conservative get shot.

Anyone who thinks the most powerful legislative organization (the congress) in the nation is not going to rain down short term and protracted pain on rioters for violating their hallowed halls, is on a steady supply of crack.

Nothing of substance was accomplished on Jan 6th in DC. Nothing was gained, a significant lot was lost.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is that why they needed 20K NG troops, fences, checkpoints, and requested Humvees with big guns?
View Quote

Optics man. It is all about appearances. My question is, will they have troops waiting for them when they travel back to their districts?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Rioters did not matter to Congress until it was at their door, by bad orange man people.

Anyone who thinks the most powerful legislative organization (the congress) in the nation is not going to rain down short term and protracted pain on rioters for violating their hallowed halls, is on a steady supply of crack.

Nothing of substance was accomplished on Jan 6th in DC. Nothing was gained, a significant lot was lost.

View Quote

Spot on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Its interesting that the guy says he was in fear for his life when there are two other cops standing on the other side doing jack shit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was all about creating a photo op, not protecting the capitol.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don’t know anyone who thought he would be charged .

Conservatives can be doxxed , fired, looted, burned out, assaulted or murdered .

Do people not know this ?

View Quote

I said this in February 2017
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#14]
It's racist that when a black person is killed by a cop, his/her picture is on the 5:00 news. But when a white person is killed by a cop, you are not allowed to know who it was and what accountability they faced.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#15]
The cop just wanted to get a rush smoking someone and he picked a defenseless woman. Congress will probably give him a medal and a raise.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's racist that when a black person is killed by a cop, his/her picture is on the 5:00 news. But when a white person is killed by a cop, you are not allowed to know who it was and what accountability they faced.
View Quote

White Lives Don't Matter
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Has the shooter been named?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Did people think he was going to be charged?  Why would he be?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Too bad that half the country got burned and looted after some dude OD'ed in police custody yet a lady patriot and Vet get shot and nothing will happen.

edit: And lets not forget the likely possibility that someone gave an order to shoot anyone that goes past a certain point. Ashli (I believe) was the one to get the furthest into the bowels of the capital. A certain senator or congresscritter may have been cowering under his/her desk "pushing" for the ROE change.

Even if the cop was batshit panicked and couldnt see that Ashli was surrounded by very calm and heavily armed SWAT cops, he should have heard on the radio that help was just outside the door. As a retired LEO, I know when my help is close and when they are arriving.

I would love to hear statements from all the other cops standing next to Ashli as to why they did not feel deadly force was justified even though they were standing next to her and very calm.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Kent State...oh wait.    Terrorists
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Has the shooter been named?
View Quote

Naw. He'll get the "whistleblower" treatment...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was about to be over run an angry mob! Sure the video shows the other "rioters" standing around with their thumbs up their asses when Babbit was shot

Look like NYT got ahold a statement from the shooter, who I didn't see them name

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/us/capitol-police-shooting-ashli-babbitt.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Trying to protect a dead man walking.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#24]
We should learn from this no half measures in the future
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#25]
That's not a news story.....that's propaganda.

We are living in surreal times.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Its interesting that the guy says he was in fear for his life when there are two other cops standing on the other side doing jack shit.
View Quote

What others are doing does not negate his claim. The standard used is "a reasonable person". Virtually EVERY SINGLE FUCKING congresscritter has gone on record to say "I honestly thought I was going to die", and a bunch of cops (at least a half dozen, with three on record) said they acted as if they were with the horde because they thought it was the safest course of action that would cause them the least amount of casulties (they actually said: we didn't draw our guns because we felt out numbered).

Nothing I have posted is an argument in support of her being shot. I don't think it was the best fit for that scenario for him to discharge his weapon, and I also think anyone  of any color or class should expect bad shit to happen to them if they ALLOW themselves to be caught up in hordes.

He will not be charged. He is going to be silently awarded and then quietly promoted.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's not a news story.....that's propaganda.

We are living in surreal times.
View Quote

Isn't it amazing how objective and clear-eyed they can be about Police use-of-force if only they want to be.

Where was that clear-eyed precision in any of the justified police shootings that sparked riots?

Oh--that's right--stating the facts clearly wasn't in the interests of the Democrats during an election year.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#28]
He executed her - he will be charged
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  He was doing his job.  His job was protecting elected officials from physical threats.  You are looking at all of this with 20/20 hindsight.  He didn't have that luxury.  All he knew was that glass was breaking and an apparently angry mob was trying to breach his barrier.  He didn't know who the fuck she was or what she was there to do--or what was in her backpack--and he had no doubt long mulled the what-if's of his job, and those what-ifs probably didn't include rowdy tourists.  He established a perimeter and drew a line in the sand and made an example of the first person who tried to breach the barrier.  It sucks and it is tragic, she absolutely didn't deserve to die, and we know that in hindsight--but that was his job.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The difference is the left would riot and burn down a city because of this.

Their tactics are much better than ours unfortunately.
The squeaky wheel gets greased.

View Quote

They don’t get what they want because of tactics.  BLM and Antifa are the Brownshirts of the Democratic Party.  They get away with rioting because they riot when they are told to, and they demand what their handlers want.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#31]
She should not have been there doing what she was.

She probably knew that.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No.  He was doing his job.  His job was protecting elected officials from physical threats.  You are looking at all of this with 20/20 hindsight.  He didn't have that luxury.  All he knew was that glass was breaking and an apparently angry mob was trying to breach his barrier.  He didn't know who the fuck she was or what she was there to do--or what was in her backpack--and he had no doubt long mulled the what-if's of his job, and those what-ifs probably didn't include rowdy tourists.  He established a perimeter and drew a line in the sand and made an example of the first person who tried to breach the barrier.  It sucks and it is tragic, she absolutely didn't deserve to die, and we know that in hindsight--but that was his job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. There was at least one congressman in that hallway when they started to damage the door.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2021/01/07/woman-fatally-shot-as-pro-trump-mob-stormed-the-capitol-identified-as-air-force-veteran/ (vid is in the link showing James McGovern in the hallway)

She was the only one shot because she went through the door. People got to remember real life is real.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Save your keystrokes, people who believe he will be charged are already off the deep end.

Anyone who thinks the cop did not have justification to shoot would not have the same view if the horde was in DC to protest cheating by Republicians which led to President Trump gaining a 2nd term.

That, my friends is the pure lithmus test. What would be your position if parties, roles and races were reversed?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Save your keystrokes, people who believe he will be charged are already off the deep end.

Anyone who thinks the cop did not have justification to shoot would not have the same view if the horde was in DC to protest cheating by Republicians which led to President Trump gaining a 2nd term.

That, my friends is the pure lithmus test. What would be your position if parties, roles and races were reversed?
View Quote

Of course he didn't have justification to shoot.

Now I'd agree he probably won't be charged, because of politics, but that was a bad shoot anyway you look at it. It was an execution.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Of course he won't be charged.

He won't likely be named, either, unless some autists can find out who he is.

Not only did he kill a white person, which apparently is A-fucking-OK, he was also "protecting democracy", so he'll probably be anonymously awarded a medal or some shit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I think the Capitol Police officer is damned lucky he didn't shoot one of the black BLM people who were in there, too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Detained, clubbed, tazed, tackled sure shot? Even if Antifa? No I saw no life threatening action taken by her. Arrestable offense yeah probably but justifiable shoot even if antifa no and if she was antifa and Trump won shooting her would be dumb as the media would label Trump a true fascist
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Of course he didn't have justification to shoot.

Now I'd agree he probably won't be charged, because of politics, but that was a bad shoot anyway you look at it. It was an execution.
View Quote

Well, prove your flawed point, that he was not justified, AND/OR that it was a "bad" shoot.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#39]
His name is David Bailey.  

Brazilian immigrant diversity hire and BLM activist.  

POS murdered that woman.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I agree. There was at least one congressman in that hallway when they started to damage the door.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2021/01/07/woman-fatally-shot-as-pro-trump-mob-stormed-the-capitol-identified-as-air-force-veteran/ (vid is in the link showing James McGovern in the hallway)

She was the only one shot because she went through the door. People got to remember real life is real.
View Quote
real life? What a bunch of horse shit I’ve been real life and didn’t shoot people have you?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well, prove your flawed point, that he was not justified, AND/OR that it was a "bad" shoot.

View Quote

Watch the videos.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#42]
He was not going to charged.  The shoot was neither good nor bad, just tragic.  The question will be why did the three cops  guarding the door walk away?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Detained, clubbed, tazed, tackled sure shot? Even if Antifa? No I saw no life threatening action taken by her. Arrestable offense yeah probably but justifiable shoot even if antifa no and if she was antifa and Trump won shooting her would be dumb as the media would label Trump a true fascist
View Quote

I don't know the federal statutes, and am hampered from my usual search fu from being on my phone.

Even in NY I don't need to see an "life threatening action" by an outside/uninvited person in my house where I am justified to use deadly (physical) force.

The elements are : arson of an occupied dwelling, an announced robbery, kidnapping, etc

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article35.htm#p35.20

I am confident the laws and rules in place to protect congresscritters are more open ended for  capitol police than I in my own NY dwelling.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#44]
It's gross how many think this was justified.

The system works, alright.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My question is, will they have troops waiting for them when they travel back to their districts?
View Quote

After the next recess they’ll probably never go to their districts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't know the federal statutes, and am hampered from my usual search fu from being on my phone.

Even in NY I don't need to see an "life threatening action" by an outside/uninvited person in my house where I am justified to use deadly (physical) force.

The elements are : arson of an occupied dwelling, an announced robbery, kidnapping, etc

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article35.htm#p35.20

I am confident the laws and rules in place to protect congresscritters are more open ended for  capitol police than I in my own NY dwelling.
View Quote

California has castle but try it in San Francisco then get back to me how that goes “Under Penal Code 198.5 PC, California law follows the legal principle known as Castle Doctrine. This means there is no duty to retreat if a resident confronts an intruder inside his or her own home. Residents are permitted to use force against intruders who break into their homes, or who try to force their way in.”
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
His name is David Bailey.  

Brazilian immigrant diversity hire and BLM activist.  

POS murdered that woman.
View Quote

David Bailey is the guy that saved the Republicans from the gunman at the park.

Are you positive about that?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

wrong
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely true.

Emotionally no one wants to accept that but it is reality.

Ashli was caught up in the moment clueless that she was breaching a red line because every other line they crossed was no big deal.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
real life? What a bunch of horse shit I’ve been real life and didn’t shoot people have you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry that I am not allowing my emotions to take control.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top