User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because the world is not a fair place, and the good guys don't always win.  She has 3 kids to take care of, that's now at risk.  She also has to feed those 3 kids, which will now be under strain due to the legal fee's of a plea to basically a speeding ticket.  

Don't get me wrong, Fuck the DA; who should be pressing charges against the protestors (criminal rioters).  Frankly she should start a GoTwitterFundMe site and make bank fighting them.  But not everybody has the cards to really do that.  Most folks would be better off to just take the misdemeanor(? it better be) plea, take Uber, and drive illegally with care when you have to.  If she does fight, then she should be a 15-minutes celebratory and capitalize on the name-recognition somehow, with a book deal and talking circuit.  

View Quote

I agree. I'm surprised the DA didn't drop the charges. I guess she wants to save rent money for 7 years. She could be out in maybe 2-3 years with jail overcrowding.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Now the DA HAS to go full force against her. Can't have people thinking they can righteously defend themselves against illegal protesting mob.
How many of the illegal protesters have been charged with assaulting her, kidnapping, destruction of her property? They act like she was the only one breaking any laws that day.
View Quote

Everything is rigged in blue areas.  Your entire life is at risk in blue areas due to the fix.  Get out of blue areas and let the freaks who desire blue life consume each other.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Here in Okie land we have laws that protect drivers from this crap.

If you are caught amongst rioters, protesters or whatever and they start to surround you, attacking the vehicle, breaking glass etc you have the legal right to run their asses over to get away.

Drive forward or backward, but do what you have to do to get away to safety.

Gov. Kevin Stitt has signed a controversial bill that would grant civil and criminal immunity to drivers who unintentionally injure or kill protesters while driving away from a riot.
House Bill 1674.  signed April 2021
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

While I think she was right, I don’t think I would gamble with a plea deal like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The plea deal she turned down involved six hours of community service and a one-year driver's license suspension.

Should have taken the deal

While I think she was right, I don’t think I would gamble with a plea deal like that.

depends on what the charge is.

What was the plea deal admitting to?

She did nothing wrong, at some point in life you have to stand up and fight for what is right.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck BLM
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fuck that!

If I’m innocent, I’m innocent.  Not going to bow to the system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The plea deal she turned down involved six hours of community service and a one-year driver's license suspension.

Fuck that!

If I’m innocent, I’m innocent.  Not going to bow to the system.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/2/22/22296332/protesters-manhattan-black-lives-matter-sparks-new-fury

Are you sure? There is HD video of the incident in the link.

View Quote
Not guilty.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think you need to watch the longer video carefully.
The one that begins before her car is even visible.

She drives down the street and there's a guy walking on the road. He walks towards her car, but turns and stops in the middle of the road with his hands in his pockets, facing the side of the road (standing sideways to her car). She slow rolls into him with her car, THEN the other guy comes up and starts banging on the hood telling her to stop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeaaahhh... I think I would've taken the plea deal.

What's her reasoning for bumping the first guy with her car? Because he was walking on the road? I'd expect to catch a charge if I did that. The person slapping the hood of her car did that in response to her driving into the first guy.

Is something supposed to have happened prior to this video? Cuz I'm not sure you can bump a pedestrian with your car, then claim you were scared when a witness bangs on your hood telling you to stop.

The first guy was pounding on her hood, and likely shouting threats at her.  The state will probably give her a freebee on that one, even if it could be argued that duty to retreat wasn't met.

I think you need to watch the longer video carefully.
The one that begins before her car is even visible.

She drives down the street and there's a guy walking on the road. He walks towards her car, but turns and stops in the middle of the road with his hands in his pockets, facing the side of the road (standing sideways to her car). She slow rolls into him with her car, THEN the other guy comes up and starts banging on the hood telling her to stop.
It's not unheard of for a case to be heard in a trial and a defendant picks up more serious charges as evidence is presented.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does anyone honestly think all 12 jurors would agree that she wasn't in fear for her or her daughter's life?

No way she will be found guilty.

View Quote

Of course, if the jury pool consists of liberal black new yorkers yes, they will vote guilty on skin color alone and the fact it was a BLM protest just based on that

Around here there was a 15 yr old kid with a record of shoplifting that was trespassed and the cops arrested him again, BLM came to town and shut down a main throughfare intersection. Cops knew what would happen so they simply shut down the roads leading to the intersection and re-directed traffic. Leaving the protesters to simply be blocking an intersection that was shut down to traffic. LOL their protest objective was foiled
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Jury trial all the way.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fuck that, she should get a medal.
View Quote

She should not have been charged.

Now the charges need to be dropped, reimbursed for any legal fees and awarded a large SUV with great cattle guards on the front.

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Problem is you'd probably get long prison sentences for that if it results in fatalities.
View Quote

Self defense.   I would do the same.  Those were America hating fascist commie domestic terrorists.  It would have been glorious if thousands were run over and severely injured or better yet killed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Free states should start offering shelter to people like her. Escape from NY to a state that refuses to extradite people back to NY.
No more respecting of the laws or authority of states like NY or CA.
View Quote
This is a good idea.
Offer asylum from liberal tyranny.

Also, I wish I was on her jury.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Once again, we see the interesting dichotomy of GD feeling that certain things are OK, as long as they only happen to people we don't like.

And no thought about how the things being advocated, can (and would) be used against us.

1) How many of the "F### those people! She was justifiably defending herself!" posters have ACTUALLY watched the video in the link posted right in this thread? I didn't see ANYONE bang on her vehicle until she hit the guy standing in the road.

2) if you're all for being able to legally run over anyone obstructing traffic/pedestrians on the road who aren't in a designated crosswalk, what happens when some antifa/BLM schmuck runs down a group of people at a MAGA rally, or anything similar, citing, "They were in my way, obstructing traffic, and I was afraid of all those violent white supremacists"?
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not guilty.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/2/22/22296332/protesters-manhattan-black-lives-matter-sparks-new-fury

Are you sure? There is HD video of the incident in the link.

Not guilty.  

Not guilty. No ramming, no running over, pedestrians were threatening and trying to prevent her from driving down a roadway. They eventually moved. I do the same with my cows when they're on the driveway. I don't run them over, they're very expensive. However, they are very stupid so sometimes they need convincing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Prosecutors should be charged with malicious prosecution.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How many of the violent rioters were charged for attacking her and her vehicle?

She did the right thing, should not have been charged with anything.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Her only crime was not running over more of them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I understand what you are saying, but I have an issue with it.

If the prosecutor is willing to let it go for so cheap, why is he pushing so hard for the 7 years?

It was self defense and they had video to demonstrate it.

This purely political on the part of the prosecutor. They want the "win" for their party.... not justice
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
she feared for her 29-year-old daughter's life, who was in the car at the time of the incident but not charged.  

White people are guilty of something these days.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't care what you're protesting, if you're blocking the street it should legal to run your stupid ass over.
View Quote

Weren't there cases of drivers being beaten and shot at that time?

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Also...

If s police officer stops you in traffic, you are being detained at that time....

If a mob stops you in traffic, and you are not able to leave, to me, there is an argument that such an act is a kin to kidnapping/false arrest
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Once again, we see the interesting dichotomy of GD feeling that certain things are OK, as long as they only happen to people we don't like.

And no thought about how the things being advocated, can (and would) be used against us.

1) How many of the "F### those people! She was justifiably defending herself!" posters have ACTUALLY watched the video in the link posted right in this thread? I didn't see ANYONE bang on her vehicle until she hit the guy standing in the road.

2) if you're all for being able to legally run over anyone obstructing traffic/pedestrians on the road who aren't in a designated crosswalk, what happens when some antifa/BLM schmuck runs down a group of people at a MAGA rally, or anything similar, citing, "They were in my way, obstructing traffic, and I was afraid of all those violent white supremacists"?
View Quote

Loser Rino mentality.  We need to become more comfortable using political power to get things we want, like laws allowing you to run people over in self defense when they illegally block intersections like that.  I did watch the video, and it was justified, the previous 6 months of horseshit justifies it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If she had admitted to doing wrong it could set her up in upcoming civil cases.

View Quote

If the sentence is a DL suspension, would she have to plea guilty to a civil infraction, plea guilty to a misdemeanor, plea guilty to a felony, or just plea responsible or no contest to a non-felony? A guilty plea is technically perjury if you aren't actually guilty.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Gov. Kevin Stitt has signed a controversial bill that would grant civil and criminal immunity to drivers who unintentionally injure or kill protesters while driving away from a riot.
View Quote

What happens if you accidentally run over a cyclist or two while looking back to see if you safely got away from the 'protesters'?
I'm thinking you had no criminal intent in running them over, but you should still be at fault for hitting them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What happens if you accidentally run over a cyclist or two while looking back to see if you safely got away from the 'protesters'?
I'm thinking you had no criminal intent in running them over, but you should still be at fault for hitting them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if?

In my state, that would be a fine-only misdemeanor called "Careless Driving," assuming that you were actually driving without due regard to the conditions, which IIRC is very roughly equivalent to criminal negligence. If you were giving due regard to conditions but hit a cyclist because you were dealing with a violent mob chasing you, then I think I lean towards "Well, shitty things happen to innocent people sometimes. Maybe if the violent mob hadn't been a violent mob then none of the rest of this would have happened."

Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If the sentence is a DL suspension, would she have to plea guilty to a civil infraction, plea guilty to a misdemeanor, plea guilty to a felony, or just plea responsible or no contest to a non-felony? A guilty plea is technically perjury if you aren't actually guilty.
View Quote

I guess true but also LOL
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
she feared for her 29-year-old daughter's life, who was in the car at the time of the incident but not charged.  

First thing I to as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If the prosecutor is willing to let it go for so cheap, why is he pushing so hard for the 7 years?

This purely political on the part of the prosecutor. They want the "win" for their party.... not justice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're both right here.  The "system" up there is very difficult to predict. I used to live there, oof. If she was uber-rich or a scared celeb we wouldnt be talking about this.  It would be hard to fault someone for taking that deal though.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top