Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/30/2022 2:15:38 PM EDT
Link

The mom of three previously claimed protesters went up to her car and called her a "white privilege b**tch" before banging on her vehicle. She said she panicked and hit the gas as they tried to open the doors of her vehicle, leading to the activists being injured. She had also told the Daily Mail she feared for her 29-year-old daughter's life, who was in the car at the time of the incident but not charged.  

Me, I have told my wife and daughters if in that situation, avoid avoid avoid. However, when you’re caught in the midst of that, hit the accelerator.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The plea deal she turned down involved six hours of community service and a one-year driver's license suspension.

Should have taken the deal
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
she feared for her 29-year-old daughter's life, who was in the car at the time of the incident but not charged.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for her. Fuck BLM.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The plea deal she turned down involved six hours of community service and a one-year driver's license suspension.

View Quote

Huge balls.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck that!

If I’m innocent, I’m innocent.  Not going to bow to the system.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]
While I understand, rejecting it for the principle of it, it’s rather dangerous thing to do in New York. I wish her luck.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
What a joke.

Not the only one charged for trying to evade or protect themselves against violent mobs blocking traffic.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe, but she didn’t do anything wrong. So admitting that she did might rankle a bit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

TBH, you're probably right.  On principle, it's bullshit.  But if that's down to a misdemeanor such that won't impact your life with just that on your record, it would be cheaper and easier to have just taken the minor plea - life is full of unfair bullshit decisions you have to make - sometimes you take the hit and move on.  Even if she wins, she will spend a lot of money between here in there.

Great to see the NYC DA's got all the important shit worked out, and have time to chase this one.   Then again, that could be her strategy - as a DA worth a shit, will likely just drop it.   She's in NYC, so odds aren't good the DA is worth a shit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Good plow.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Prosecutors should be charged with malicious prosecution.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

While I think she was right, I don’t think I would gamble with a plea deal like that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

While I think she was right, I don’t think I would gamble with a plea deal like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone has to be the first. Otherwise it will escalate and it won't just be a suspended driver's license.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why take a plea deal if you’re not guilty?
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

6hrs of community service and uber for a year seems like a bargain.

I'm pretty sure I would still be smiling after a few weeks of community service.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Self defense.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was it a plea to a misdemeanor then? A felony conviction would be a tough pill to swallow for most people no matter what the sentencing recommendation would have been.

If it was a plea to a misdemeanor and a low grade one at that it would have been tempted given the light sentence and the fact that if she goes to a jury trial she's in front of a NYC jury.  NYC juries have got to be the lost leftist people outside of San Francisco, so she's taking a big risk with a jury trial.  I would think if there is an subjective wiggle room to find her guilty that the NYC jury certainly will do so given this is a BLM thing.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Principle. She has it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Not Guilty, sentenced to driving her vehicle through the prosecutors office.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Now the DA HAS to go full force against her. Can't have people thinking they can righteously defend themselves against illegal protesting mob.
How many of the illegal protesters have been charged with assaulting her, kidnapping, destruction of her property? They act like she was the only one breaking any laws that day.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Where are our resident prosecutors on this one? Hello?

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Edit: Glad to see this chickensh*t approach being eaten alive in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure I would still be smiling after a few weeks of community service.
View Quote

I suspect there may be civil suit implications in pleading guilty though...
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why take a plea deal if you’re not guilty?
View Quote

Because the world is not a fair place, and the good guys don't always win.  She has 3 kids to take care of, that's now at risk.  She also has to feed those 3 kids, which will now be under strain due to the legal fee's of a plea to basically a speeding ticket.  

Don't get me wrong, Fuck the DA; who should be pressing charges against the protestors (criminal rioters).  Frankly she should start a GoTwitterFundMe site and make bank fighting them.  But not everybody has the cards to really do that.  Most folks would be better off to just take the misdemeanor(? it better be) plea, take Uber, and drive illegally with care when you have to.  If she does fight, then she should be a 15-minutes celebratory and capitalize on the name-recognition somehow, with a book deal and talking circuit.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#25]
someone please post the video of citizens in Brazil(?) mowing down criminals with their cars
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck that, she should get a medal.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Me, I have told my wife and daughters if in that situation, avoid avoid avoid. However, when you’re caught in the midst of that, hit the accelerator.
View Quote

I've told people in my family (mom, sisters, nieces, nephews) the same thing. I don't care who or what is in front of you. If they're trying to stop you or trying to get the doors on your car open, you mash the accelerator as hard as you can and don't stop until you don't see them anymore.

Quoted:
Self defense.
View Quote

Oh how I wish I was sitting on that jury. Because that's exactly what I'd say it was.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Now the DA HAS to go full force against her. Can't have people thinking they can righteously defend themselves against illegal protesting mob.
How many of the illegal protesters have been charged with assaulting her, kidnapping, destruction of her property? They act like she was the only one breaking any laws that day.
View Quote

The entire reason the DA offered that plea is because they know it's a shit case they're going to lose unless she has a very bad lawyer.  They wanted the plea to be cake so she would take it just to have it over.

She refused their offer under duress (take this easy deal or we'll put you in prison for justifiable self defense) and is not giving an inch.  Good for her.  Now watch there be a bunch of continuations from the DA before finally dropping the case.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like Dominick Black, charged with a crime that any simple reading of the statute shows he did not commit, taking a non-criminal plea and paying a $1200 fine to get out from under a proudly criminal prosecution in Kenosha County. He couldn't even pay his attorney to prep for trial for $1200, but he'd already paid for a motion to dismiss which should have been granted on its merits without a trial.

Binger said out loud to the judge that he'd appeal dismissal all the way (to Black's bankruptcy), while pretty much admitting that dismissal was the just decision.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone honestly think all 12 jurors would agree that she wasn't in fear for her or her daughter's life?

No way she will be found guilty.

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've told people in my family (mom, sisters, nieces, nephews) the same thing. I don't care who or what is in front of you. If they're trying to stop you or trying to get the doors on your car open, you mash the accelerator as hard as you can and don't stop until you don't see them anymore.

Oh how I wish I was sitting on that jury. Because that's exactly what I'd say it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Self defense.

Problem is you'd probably get long prison sentences for that if it results in fatalities.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#32]
If the plea deal was a suspended DL, 6 weeks community service, and then a minor misdemeanor then she should have taken it.  If the plea was any kind of felony… fuck it, no way.  

I think the plea deal was so sweet because they know she will probably beat any charge.

I’ll bet there’s at a minimum a cellphone camera recording from either inside or outside of the car.  And if there is it’s practically guaranteed to prove beyond any doubt:

A) occupants received threats and insults
B) angry mob was pounding on the car
C) mob trying to unlawfully enter the car
D) occupants were legitimately frightened

Motive & opportunity presented a credible threat and then they overtly acting on the verbal threats.  They were probably statutorily allowed to retaliate with deadly force instead of just forcefully retreating.  I’d be surprised if a Judge doesn’t dismiss the case before conclusion.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Does anyone honestly think all 12 jurors would agree that she wasn't in fear for her or her daughter's life?

View Quote

https://pjmedia.com/columns/victoria-taft/2020/09/02/exclusive-case-of-portland-man-who-defended-himself-against-antifa-mob-heads-to-supreme-court-n876896

His Portland attorneys, as well as the rest of the Portland legal establishment, were stunned when Strickland was found guilty on all counts. It was an easy self-defense case. There was video of it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Fuck that!

View Quote

Good luck with that NYC jury
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Was it a plea to a misdemeanor then? A felony conviction would be a tough pill to swallow for most people no matter what the sentencing recommendation would have been.

If it was a plea to a misdemeanor and a low grade one at that it would have been tempted given the light sentence and the fact that if she goes to a jury trial she's in front of a NYC jury.  NYC juries have got to be the lost leftist people outside of San Francisco, so she's taking a big risk with a jury trial.  I would think if there is an subjective wiggle room to find her guilty that the NYC jury certainly will do so given this is a BLM thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I wouldn't be pleading to a felony for that regardless of sentencing recommendation.

A misdemeanor plea would be tempting but still bullshit when you've done nothing wrong. I certainly commend her for standing her ground.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Prosecutors should be charged with malicious prosecution.
View Quote

I had another thing in mind, but your idea would do in a pinch.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://pjmedia.com/columns/victoria-taft/2020/09/02/exclusive-case-of-portland-man-who-defended-himself-against-antifa-mob-heads-to-supreme-court-n876896

His Portland attorneys, as well as the rest of the Portland legal establishment, were stunned when Strickland was found guilty on all counts. It was an easy self-defense case. There was video of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not hard to get a guilty plea when they ensure anyone sympathetic or similar to you isn't on the jury.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#38]
They don’t offer sweetheart deals when they have anything of substance. I’d bet they drop charges before going to a jury. Of course it’s NYC so who knows.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But what is the potential punishment of the crime she would have to confess to?

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The entire reason the DA offered that plea is because they know it's a shit case they're going to lose unless she has a very bad lawyer.  They wanted the plea to be cake so she would take it just to have it over.

She refused their offer under duress (take this easy deal or we'll put you in prison for justifiable self defense) and is not giving an inch.  Good for her.  Now watch there be a bunch of continuations from the DA before finally dropping the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. I think the winds have shifted a bit on the "burn it all down" antifa nonsense. In retrospect, people have realized it was a set up and orchestrated outrage that cost lives, property/businesses and billions of dollars for what? A scam that the founders of BLM pocketed all the money and skipped town.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good for her. Fuck BLM.
View Quote
I don't care what you're protesting, if you're blocking the street it should legal to run your stupid ass over.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or you can fight it if you think that you're on the moral high ground.
Those people placed themselves in harms way and threatened her.
They brought their pain on themselves.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#44]
When Charlottesville was putting tarps on the Confederate monuments I know the people who were taking them back off. One of the ones caught and charged for trespassing in the city park could have taken a deal but turned it down and served 25 days.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fuck that!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that!

This all the way

Protest all you want but do not try to enter my car
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

My thoughts, exactly.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#47]
If she had taken the plea deal it would have meant admitting culpability which would leave her in a bad position for the inevitable law suit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Free states should start offering shelter to people like her. Escape from NY to a state that refuses to extradite people back to NY.
No more respecting of the laws or authority of states like NY or CA.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very admirable. This case would be a pretty good one to keep tabs on for the conclusion.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#50]
How many of the violent rioters were charged for attacking her and her vehicle?

She did the right thing, should not have been charged with anything.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top