Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2023 10:34:44 PM EDT
I have a trust established in one state.

I have a second home in  another state.
I want to have some NFA assets.

Is there any issue filing, say a form1, with a Trust formed (and domiciled) in one state, and applying for the stamp in another?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an expert, but once you start talking about multiple trusts that are not all in the same state, you need to refer to each states' laws governing their trusts.

If you want to transfer an NFA entity from one trust to another, I'm not sure if there's an easier process than a Form 4 transfer for that if they are all within the same state. At least within such a case, you don't really have to worry about state law governance. But if you are talking interstate trusts, it's a guaranteed Form 4 with all of its bells & whistles ($200 transfer tax, etc.) + any state laws. And read carefully, because it might not be possible to transfer entities into a trust from another state's trust, within certain states.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The F1 has the reflect the state in which the item is made.

If you want to use it in another state you can file the 5320.20 annually with state 2 address. .20s can be good for up to a year.

As long as the item is legal in state 2 it’ll be approved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top