Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2020 12:33:30 PM EDT
-I did not see a place for this thread, so move it to a more appropriate forum if need be-

I am eFiling a form 1 for SBR and am finding that all my surrounding county's sheriff's offices are closed to the public for doing fingerprinting because of Covid19.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative or state specific office that is able to do this?

I am located in Indian River County Florida. Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can fingerprint yourself just buy an ink pad off amazon. The ATF will send you the cards for free.
View Quote

I wasn't sure of that. I have requested cards, but it also says on their site that it must be done by your local law enforcement agency. Is this not true? This is my first tax stamp process, total noob here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Do the prints yourself.  You’ll be fine.  Make sure you don’t smudge the pinky roll.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered more cards.

I've been fingerprinting myself on the last few suppressors/sbrs and all were approved.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]
My LGS does it for NFA sales, after the first time I did it they just set the card and ink pad out for me. Pretty easy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered an ink pad, thank you all.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Just do it yourself and Don’t  worry about it. I have sent in Terrible smudged prints three times and all were accepted. I even sent in a set on a really thin fingerprint sheet that I got on Amazon and was ok.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wasn't sure of that. I have requested cards, but it also says on their site that it must be done by your local law enforcement agency. Is this not true?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wasn't sure of that. I have requested cards, but it also says on their site that it must be done by your local law enforcement agency. Is this not true?

It doesn't say that for NFA, but for explosives licensing.

This is my first tax stamp process, total noob here.

Believe it or not, but there is a tiny NFA forum here on Arfcom.
Start reading the stickies.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Most FFL/SOT's do it in-house now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]
They do not have to be perfect, just adequate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top