Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife hates the smell of Pine-Sol.  If I have to clean my bathroom, guess which cleaner I use.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn’t with a man who used Comet
My wife hates the smell of Pine-Sol.  If I have to clean my bathroom, guess which cleaner I use.  
I tend to be pretty straightforward, but that sounds like the kind of passive-aggressive thing I’d do once in a while, you know, just for sport.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope the pussy Is worth it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Frau Hessian works a very hard stressful job.(Nurse) Mine is a walk in the park.(High School Teacher) I don't mind at all taking care of the "house duties." Bless her heart, she doesn't cook very well,(but thinks she does.) She stays out of my kitchen and I make sure she is fed, take care of laundry and such.
This morning she was eating a big bowl of cereal. I don't care for stuff like that so I made myself a mushroom/mozzerella/onion omelet with Thai chili sauce. The look on her face was priceless. Where's mine? she said.
On days when she is off I'll come home and she'll tell me she is starved! I don't care if I've got meals staged in the reefer, she won't eat till I get home.
We went to church and came home after. She laid down and napped while I cooked dinner. I woke her at 1630, we ate and she went to work.
I sent her garlic mashed potatoes, meat loaf w/gravy, buttered brussel sprouts and a crossant for supper/lunch along with a banana & grapes for a snack for work tonight. If she complains about how I do something, she can do it. We came to that understanding long ago. It works for us.
I guess I make a good wife.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll never understand why people get involved with women like this. You must be either really ugly, OP, really bad at sex, or both. Why would you want to live like this? You think she's testing you now? She tested you on date 2 or 3, and I'm here to tell you, you PASSED her test with flying colors!
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:04:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh.  That simplifies things.

When in doubt, there is no doubt.

Go enjoy your life without her.  You deserve it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kids?
Nope, my boys dont swim

A thousand times this. Life's too short to spend it with someone like that, male or female.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:05:03 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife asked me to wash her clothes once, lol. I wash everything together in cold water then dry them all together. I happened to ruin a couple of her shirts. Bingo, I don't have to worry about washing the clothes anymore. I do however get stuck cooking and washing the dishes but I would rather do both of them than to wash clothes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:20:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been fortunate enough my ol lady has learned if she bitches at me, I don't hear shit.

If she asks me, 75% chance it gets done.

And fair is fair.

It's all in how you put the requests out, more flies with honey kinda thing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#8]
You sound miserable. Why stay?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:31:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I never ask my wife to do anything. She asks me to do shit all the time, often with complicate instructions or very specific details. Things that she really should do. I, of course, always mess up and then she gets mad at me. It is a test, and i constantly fail, which is clearly proof i dont listen to her or care about her

I started making her do whatever she was asking me to do. Since then she has reduced the amount of things she asks me to do, but still sometimes she asks me to do something while she sits on ass watching tv. I tell her to get off her ass and do it herself since she is so particular. Sometimes though, she sneaks one in and i end up doing something she tells me to do because there is a plausible chance of her asking me because it really is logistically easier. For example, picking up her exact brand, flavor, and specific can size sparkling water bullshit on my way home from work.

Like today. I did all the yard work, cleaned kitchen, vaccuumed, and bought groceries. I had time in between to do my shit. I finished up a pocket knife i was making, i welded a metal frame together for a new heat treating oven, and i processed a dozen sets of bone for knife handles. Pretty god damn productive day. She went to a fair with her nephew, then came home and sat on ass, then bitched at me because i got god damn orange sparkling water instead of tangerine.

Tl;dr never marry a girl from a rich family
View Quote
She's not from a rich family. Rich people don't buy frivolous BS like tangerine sparkling water. They drink water. You think they got rich by buying tangerine water? She's from a maybe upper middle class family with a father who spoiled her rotten.

Also, I'm sorry. I hope you can work out your issues.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:35:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Please, OP.

For all that's holy and your sanity......

ETA: Grammar.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:54:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Cant help you. My wife is OCD about housekeeping but she likes doing it herself. In fact she may go days without sitting and watching tv for a second and just chill.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 3:11:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Repeat after me "I guess you should have done it yourself then, huh?"
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 3:27:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to Buy my wife flowers all the time. One time she complained about the flowers and how I spent too much money when money was the furthest issue we could have. You see, I was deployed and my internet was shit back in 2005. Took me over an hour to find the one, just right arrangement. I didn’t buy flowers for her for something like 8 years. V day? Nope Birthday? Nope! Anniversary? Hell no.

One day she asked why don’t you buy me flowers anymore. I said the last time I did you acted like an ungrateful bitch and refreshed her memory. She apologized profusely. She now gets flowers.

OP, find your balls. “If you make a request do not complain about the manner in which I accomplish the task otherwise, do it yourself”
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 3:34:07 AM EDT
[#14]
my girlfriend is disappointed because i told her i will never get married.  that after ending a 15 year relationship that soured i would never again take shit on any regular basis from a woman.  that when the sex stops or the abuse starts the relationship is over and that when i die my house will go to my son and no one else.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Take notes, make a list, better yet make her write down what she wants.... geeze.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#16]

“Better you than me....”
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:33:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I couldn't be with a man who used Comet.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:38:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The only thing female related I have to tell is that A 22 year old sent me nude pics today. I want to thank the OP for reinforcing my decision to be a life long bachelor.
View Quote
I would rather grow old with my wife and kids then live a shallow life filled with floozies.  But hey, to each their own, YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:54:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Time to have another chat.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hope the pussy Is worth it.
View Quote
It never is.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:10:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Did she vote for Hillery too?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
CrossFit?  How sure are you she’s not with someone in the side?
View Quote
My friend used to have some married chick from his Crossfit class come over 3-4 times a week to get banged out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't be with a man who used Comet.  
It’s true; I couldn’t.  Soft Scrub is my passion.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Doing a few chores isnt being a bitch. I buy the groceries because she buys shitty gluten free and organic garbage. I buy food because i want to taste it.
View Quote
And you didn’t know this before you got married? Sounds like you choose poorly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I couldn’t be with a man who used Comet.  
View Quote
Whats Comet?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I never ask my wife to do anything. She asks me to do shit all the time, often with complicate instructions or very specific details. Things that she really should do. I, of course, always mess up and then she gets mad at me. It is a test, and i constantly fail, which is clearly proof i dont listen to her or care about her

I started making her do whatever she was asking me to do. Since then she has reduced the amount of things she asks me to do, but still sometimes she asks me to do something while she sits on ass watching tv. I tell her to get off her ass and do it herself since she is so particular. Sometimes though, she sneaks one in and i end up doing something she tells me to do because there is a plausible chance of her asking me because it really is logistically easier. For example, picking up her exact brand, flavor, and specific can size sparkling water bullshit on my way home from work.

Like today. I did all the yard work, cleaned kitchen, vaccuumed, and bought groceries. I had time in between to do my shit. I finished up a pocket knife i was making, i welded a metal frame together for a new heat treating oven, and i processed a dozen sets of bone for knife handles. Pretty god damn productive day. She went to a fair with her nephew, then came home and sat on ass, then bitched at me because i got god damn orange sparkling water instead of tangerine.

View Quote
fixed it for you
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I usually spend saturdays with him and she spends sundays with him. Two adults to babysit one kid is a bit overkill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why didn't you go to the fair with her and her nephew?
I usually spend saturdays with him and she spends sundays with him. Two adults to babysit one kid is a bit overkill.
I think I see a problem.

It appears you look at everything as work. You sound like you focus so much on work that even being with your nephew for the weekend is "babysitting" / work and instead of wanting to enjoy time together with family, you look at it as just work and in your mind the most efficient way of tackling this work is for you to take care of him one day and her to take care of him the next day.

When I have my niece and nephews we all enjoy time together as family. Sometimes things have to get done and I get them to help us, but for the most part I want to spend time with them because we're not guaranteed time on this Earth. And I enjoy being with them.

It sounds like you see your wife as work too. Maybe you need to look at what's important in your life and reproritize.

You are the leader in your family. If you don't like how something is working then you can change it. But you need to learn how to be an effective leader.

Start enjoying life and I promise she'll want to enjoy it with you. And stop failing shit tests so bad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#29]
My husband freaking kicks ass at anything he does.  In comparison I'm barely competent with even everyday things.

We go about 50/50 with either him taking care of something if it's important to him that it be done to his specs or he just decides that he's fine with my *less than* job.

A couple of examples:

His grandmother always kept a spotless house.  Everything was meticulously taken care of and God help anyone who didn't do a job up to her standards.  I made the guest bed one day and he walked in and said, "Oh nononono.  This is how you have to do it."  He walked me through exactly how she likes the beds made.  Over the years I've attempted it many times but always fall short so he either helps or just does it himself.

I was taught to fold shirts a certain way but he likes them the way the stores do it.  For many years he folded his own shirts because I just made a mess of it trying to do it his way.  At some point I made him show me exactly how to do it and I try-----and do a passable job-----but they're never perfectly square and flat like when he does it.  I need to get that flip folder thing so I can do a bang up job.  But he's happy that I now fold his shirts that way and doesn't terribly mind the subpar job I do.

I know a couple where the wife is the super competent one and the husband struggles with everything.  All I know is that I've seen it from both perspectives by dealing with them.  He hates that she gives detailed instructions for every little thing (and he still screws it up) and feels she's nitpicky.  She hates that she can't rely on the other adult in the marriage to handle things responsibly and how everything winds up on her shoulders.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, nope.

I don't mind working, but also don't order me around like a bitch.  Also, pull your weight.

Or if you have the kind of money where you are used to ordering everyone around......hire some help for that.

But you shall not treat me, your husband, like your bitch.

Above is probably exactly what I'd say.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think I see a problem.

It appears you look at everything as work. You sound like you focus so much on work that even being with your nephew for the weekend is "babysitting" / work and instead of wanting to enjoy time together with family, you look at it as just work and in your mind the most efficient way of tackling this work is for you to take care of him one day and her to take care of him the next day.

When I have my niece and nephews we all enjoy time together as family. Sometimes things have to get done and I get them to help us, but for the most part I want to spend time with them because we're not guaranteed time on this Earth. And I enjoy being with them.

It sounds like you see your wife as work too. Maybe you need to look at what's important in your life and reproritize.

You are the leader in your family. If you don't like how something is working then you can change it. But you need to learn how to be an effective leader.

Start enjoying life and I promise she'll want to enjoy it with you. And stop failing shit tests so bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I see a problem.

He is?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#32]
We can’t judge your entire relationship based on the description of one day. BUT

Based on your OP, I would be (verbally) kicking her ass. She sounds like a prima Donna type taking advantage of a pushover.

I wouldn’t tolerate that shit for 30 seconds
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My husband freaking kicks ass at anything he does.  In comparison I'm barely competent with even everyday things.

We go about 50/50 with either him taking care of something if it's important to him that it be done to his specs or he just decides that he's fine with my *less than* job.

A couple of examples:

His grandmother always kept a spotless house.  Everything was meticulously taken care of and God help anyone who didn't do a job up to her standards.  I made the guest bed one day and he walked in and said, "Oh nononono.  This is how you have to do it."  He walked me through exactly how she likes the beds made.  Over the years I've attempted it many times but always fall short so he either helps or just does it himself.

I was taught to fold shirts a certain way but he likes them the way the stores do it.  For many years he folded his own shirts because I just made a mess of it trying to do it his way.  At some point I made him show me exactly how to do it and I try-----and do a passable job-----but they're never perfectly square and flat like when he does it.  I need to get that flip folder thing so I can do a bang up job.  But he's happy that I now fold his shirts that way and doesn't terribly mind the subpar job I do.

I know a couple where the wife is the super competent one and the husband struggles with everything.  All I know is that I've seen it from both perspectives by dealing with them.  He hates that she gives detailed instructions for every little thing (and he still screws it up) and feels she's nitpicky.  She hates that she can't rely on the other adult in the marriage to handle things responsibly and how everything winds up on her shoulders.
View Quote
You sound like my wife and I sound like your husband.

Except my wife used to get mad if I wanted her to do it a certain way or if I came back and redid it. She's getting over that. It was a confidence issue we've figured out.

Her parents were divorced and both households were pretty sloppy. She grew up thinking it was normal to be a slob.

I didn't know how bad it was until after we were married. It's been a source of contention but after 4 years of pushing her she is now starting to outdo me on the cleanliness and organizational fronts. When we go to her dad's all she does is clean. And this last weekend she was at a batchelorette trip for the weekend and she came home talking about how those girls were so sloppy and it stressed her out because she was the only one that kept her stuff from just being everywhere. I was so proud.  

Neither of us are quite where I want us to be on organization and cleaning but we're easily in the 90% percentile.

As we get the house remodeling done it's getting to be easier to do too
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I see a problem.

He is?
Good catch. Let me rephrase that. His ROLE is to be the leader.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#35]
how rich is her family, is the first question.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you and your wife spend little/no time together as a couple on weekends?

I wonder why that is...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like menopause
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Hey OP, I'll take a ham and cheddar with mustard.  Thx.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Is this the OP?

Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Just walk over to her, take the bottle out of her hands, very gently, go pour that shit down the drain, and walk out. Maybe she will get the hint.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Any way you want to deny it, you cant. You're her bitch.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is she attractive and does she give good blow jobs?
View Quote
Yep seriously. Your entire thread depends on how hot she is.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If I gave you hell over orange soda, it'd be because I want it a little rough and I'm giving you a pretext to spank my ass.
View Quote
That's a thing? All this time I thought it was just being a bitch.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Next time she's ass sitting watching TV, go flip the breaker in the garage.  Gee honey, I'll look into why the TV died after I'm finished working.  Maybe you could get off your ass and help me finish.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I blame it on crossfit. She started doing that shit and is fully obsessed with it, and now thinks it constitutes "doing something" for the day.
View Quote
She must have a Gym Husband or 2. Watch your corn-hole bud.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Eat her liver with a bowl of fava beans and a nice Chianti.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If I gave you hell over orange soda, it’d be because I want it a little rough and I’m giving you a pretext to spank my ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I gave you hell over orange soda, it’d be because I want it a little rough and I’m giving you a pretext to spank my ass.
This girl gets it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#49]
OP.....my wife (63 years old) cleared out one half of the garage and cleaned it yesterday.

I made her a big barbequed steak dinner.

Today she wanted me to go get 5 yards of brown mulch to put on the front landscape, she wants to help spread it.......I said, we better wait until Wednesday because rain is forecasted today and tomorrow.

Sorry.

Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Fuck that.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top