Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2018 1:38:48 AM EDT
It reminds me of when W said he was for the AWB renewal if it got to his desk.

It never did.

He's playing the media like W did IMO.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Sessions is not required to do what Trump tells him to do, yes Trump can relieve him of his duties and find someone else, but he don't have to do shit if he don't want to.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:48:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sessions is not required to do what Trump tells him to do, yes Trump can relieve him of his duties and find someone else, but he don't have to do shit if he don't want to.
View Quote
That makes it OK.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That makes it OK.
View Quote
Didn't say that did I, Trump can say what he wants, which makes him more palatable to the gun grabbers, don't mean he is going to get shit.  It is called Politics 101.

Also, looking at what happened today in the Florida legislature, will mean a lot on how this all goes, they overwhelmingly voted no to even having a discussion on banning "Assault" Weapons.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:00:00 AM EDT
[#4]
“Assault Weapons”:  LOL.  These dumb fucks don’t even have a clue as to what they are talking about...but hey, don’t let tha stop you from trying to enact legislation about “assault weapons.”
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:02:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have to believe Trump is just "doing something"
doesn't matter if he thinks/knows nothing will ever come of it, this is for appearances
it might take wind out of the sails for the elections

or he just sold out gun owners. who knows
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:03:05 AM EDT
[#6]
THEY got to our president. We already know crisis actors were used in the aftermath of the Parkland shooting. It's all a setup. Unfortunately innocent lives were lost to further their agenda.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
THEY got to our president. We already know crisis actors were used in the aftermath of the Parkland shooting. It's all a setup. Unfortunately innocent lives were lost to further their agenda.
View Quote
Never let a crisis go to waste
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:05:49 AM EDT
[#8]
There has now been two "incidents" that should not have happened because of actions by the shooters before they committed their shootings, fool me once, shame on me.  You are not going to fool me again, something out of the ordinary is going on with this people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:32:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
What are you talking about regarding crisis actors?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:36:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Probably just shit talking so the media doesn't have all the sound bites to blow up over. It blows over, nothing happens.

The bump fire stock / modifying DOJ is especially bothersome though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Dubya didn't really push for anything and there were no real notable mass shootings under his terms

I bet he would have signed it though if Congress pushed for it

The AWB failure finally ended and the Dems knew it would was election suicide to even pursue it....fresh in their minds
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:39:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The main kid doing all the talking is thought to be a paid actor who doesn't attend the school because he was out in California over the last summer or something. He was interviewed with CBS when he and his buddy got in a fight with a lifeguard over putting a body board on a trash can. There are videos on his channel that show him at the school, so he's confirmed as a student.

There are videos showing him being coached, them doing a bunch of takes to get his dramatic story told right, and so on.

He's being coached and acting, but he is a student at the school.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:40:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:44:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dubya didn't really push for anything and there were no real notable mass shootings under his terms

I bet he would have signed it though if Congress pushed for it

The AWB failure finally ended and the Dems knew it would was election suicide to even pursue it....fresh in their minds
View Quote
One notable is during his second term, he appointed a Latino AG who enacted the barrel ban on imported parts kits, killing off cheap home build kit guns.

W and the GOPe do deserve all the credit in the world for the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. Every AR manufacturer would have been sued into bankruptcy anytime their rifle was used in a shooting. Lucky Gunner would be out of business. Sportsmansguide would probably be out of business. S&W, Ruger, & Bushmaster may all be in trouble, and so on. We'd be looking at $1,400+ for entry level AR-15s instead of $400 AR-15s due to the massive lawsuit risks being priced into the products.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:51:09 AM EDT
[#15]
we shall see.

if he (trump) goes any further than he has already then i'd consider that to be somewhat cause for concern.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#16]
If some of you guys would actually listen to what President Trump said, he said I’ve asked the DoJ to determine if bump stocks are legal under the current definition/interpretation of the law...just like the NRA...legal (or not except that they are) under current ATF guidance.

The answer is yes unless DoJ/ATF changes the definition of automatic.

Done.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If some of you guys would actually listen to what President Trump said, he said I’ve asked the DoJ to determine if bump stocks are legal under the current definition/interpretation of the law...just like the NRA...legal (or not except that they are) under current ATF guidance.

Done.
View Quote
This. But we have everyone just reading headlines by lefty news sites (even though we're the side who is supposed to be weary of the media) took it hook line and sinker
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Obama government sent guns to Mexico to get Mexican people killed to "prove" we need gun control in the US.

It is not a big leap for the deep state to be allowing nutters to shoot up schools to get gun control in the US. Face it, this last kid SHOULD have been stopped.

Once Fast and Furious happened we saw how bad the deep state wanted gun rights curtailed...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
If Hogg graduated high school in California in 2015 then how was he still a high school student last week in Florida?

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It reminds me of when W said he was for the AWB renewal if it got to his desk.

It never did.

He's playing the media like W did IMO.

Thoughts?
View Quote
From POTUS

Accordingly, following established legal protocols, the Department of Justice started the process of promulgating a Federal regulation interpreting the definition of "machinegun" under Federal law to clarify whether certain bump stock type devices should be illegal
View Quote
The law is pretty clear, hence the ATF ruling TWICE under Oblammy.

I hope he's stringing this out long enough for the 'feelz' crowd to jump at Meowler's next shiny object
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If some of you guys would actually listen to what President Trump said, he said I've asked the DoJ to determine if bump stocks are legal under the current definition/interpretation of the law...just like the NRA...legal (or not except that they are) under current ATF guidance.

Done.
View Quote
Trump said:
Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns...

Doing this the right way will ensure that the resulting regulation is workable and effective and leaves no loopholes for criminals to exploit....

This is a clear direction to find bump stocks are machine gun conversion parts - therefore they are machine guns already prohibited by law.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Ive waited to weigh in on any of this until I saw it come out of his mouth EXACTLY what he said. UNFORTUNATELY it seemed pretty direct that he has instructed them to find a way to ban bump stocks under the machine gun guise. This concerns me greatly. MY president wouldn't have gave them ANYTHING to appease the stupid masses! MY president would have told them to find a way to control the mentally unstable. MY president would have told them inanimate objects don't kill people, mentally unstable people do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Interesting. And where are they that they all posed together? Is it at the office of whatever organization they are a part of? What's the organization?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have to believe Trump is just "doing something"
doesn't matter if he thinks/knows nothing will ever come of it, this is for appearances
it might take wind out of the sails for the elections

or he just sold out gun owners. who knows
View Quote
At best he showed willingness to use us as pawns to save his own political hide in game of 4d outer limits chess.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Done.
View Quote
+1

Exactly.  Nothing happened after the Las Vegas massacre and bump-stocks were used there.  If they couldn’t get the momentum going with that, I don’t know what would.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#27]
the memo was grandstanding.

the ATF was already doing what he ordered in the memo.

the ATF has once before said bump stocks are not machine guns

nothing burger
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Very interesting find...no wonder the sleepers aboard wanted to Alinski this one..

Social change through crisis management

If you do not have a crisis one can be manufactured for you by our team of experts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Done.
View Quote
That definition is codified into law, an EO can't legally change that
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done.
Exactly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He directed them to complete their comments and inquiry into the issue.  Nothing more.  Good move with no likely actions as a result.
View Quote
Honestly it looks like he directed them think again and go find something wrong with this - fast.
My guess is we get a ban - The ban will be retro-actively blamed on obama for allowing such an evil tool in free society to begin with.

Then the game of which came first, chicken or the egg may begin. To me a ban is a ban.

Swamp Opera 24/7 is a helluva show. Keeps people guessing and tuning in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Done.
View Quote
Difference being that the NRA literally said that they support additional regulations on bump stocks. Trump has not yet *technically* said that, yet. We'll see...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Pointless to speculate.

I'm taking a wait and see approach, while writing my elected officials to remind them that their Constituents elected them to defend the Constitution, not tear it up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Difference being that the NRA literally said that they support additional regulations on bump stocks. Trump has not yet *technically* said that, yet. We'll see...
View Quote
Have you actually read what he wrote?  He clearly sees them as machineguns and directs the ATF to find them to be machineguns.  This started after Las Vegas, and the process to legally treat them as machineguns continues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top