Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/7/2022 5:00:12 PM EDT
I've been wanting a P230 or P232 as a shooter and came across this one on gunbroker. I won the auction and planned on taking Friday off from work to go and pick it up but then I thought why not bring the boy. So our son (who's almost 9) stayed home from school Friday and we hit the road to Austin (about 3 hours away) to spend the day together. Our first stop was the gun store to pick up the Sig (sportsman's finest for those local ppl) and they had a great store with friendly ppl. Here's the pistol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

...and it's a Tysons corner import.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Once we left the store we stopped by the museum of the weird on 6th street

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, the museum of the weird is off of 6th st

Attachment Attached File

Our son in King Kongs hand

Attachment Attached File

We drove by the capitol

Attachment Attached File

...and listened to some great music

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet your kid had a blast missing school and going on a gun run with dad!

Nice pistol
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a great day all around!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet your kid had a blast missing school and going on a gun run with dad!

Nice pistol
View Quote

Thanks, it even came with hogue piranha grips and 2 factory mags

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool!   Definitely making memories.  That’s definitely a shooter grade and previously well carried, hopefully it shoots great.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
That's some high quality parenting there, wish my dad would have done stuff like that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Boy that Sig didn't spend much time in the sock drawer.
View Quote

Don't matter. I'd have bought that as great shooter. I've been looking for a stainless one at a reasonable price for a few years. Great going OP!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope you teach him to proof read

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I B3t u're fun at partiez
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Please post up if you know where I can get spare mags for one of those. My Dad has been searching high and low for a spare mag for his!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Please post up if you know where I can get spare mags for one of those. My Dad has been searching high and low for a spare mag for his!
View Quote

@Breacher
Besides the outrageously expensive factory mags on Gunbroker, the only mags I could find for the one I had were Promag's offerings. I sucked it up and bought 2 for range use - they surprisingly worked.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Good job Dad
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Don't matter. I'd have bought that as great shooter. I've been looking for a stainless one at a reasonable price for a few years. Great going OP!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boy that Sig didn't spend much time in the sock drawer.

I sold my W. German P230 stainless last year with box, papers, 2 factory mags, and 2 Promag mags for $650. I wasn't looking to get rich off of it. Keep looking, you'll eventually find one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@Breacher
Besides the outrageously expensive factory mags on Gunbroker, the only mags I could find for the one I had were Promag's offerings. I sucked it up and bought 2 for range use - they surprisingly worked.
View Quote

Glad to hear that someone has some luck with the promags, I may have to give them a shot
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Man, I had some good days spent going to buy guns with dad and grandpa.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wasn't criticizing, I'm wondering how it got that much holster wear
View Quote

I have a 232 and they will lose finish if you look at them funny.  It is the nature of the beast.

If you took OPs Sig when brand new and carried it for two weeks it would look...like OPs Sig does now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Sweet pistol OP.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Maybe I'll invite him over the house to fuck my kid sister.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#22]
OP knows what's important in life.  You will never forget times like that, neither will your son.  Good job, dad.

I remember a day like that with my dad.  I was just a lad, we lived in So Cal at the time, it was shortly after the state implemented a waiting period for handgun purchases.  We bought two Ruger Blackhawks  (.41 mag and a .45 Colt) one day.  A few days later we went back to get them (it was a couple hours away), and afterward we had lunch at Clearman's Lodge where they had old-timey paintings of naked ladies on the wall.  Guns and naked wimmenz!  What a day!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Great job dad!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Time spent with your kids is priceless.

I once met a father of three young kids that drives a sedan that has half the back seat fold down so you can carry long packages in it. When the kids want to when they pull into someplace they crawl into the trunk and dad opens it and hauls them out of it.

When they leave they reverse the process. I've seen it a couple of times and it's funny as hell and a lot of people shit themselves.

When they leave dad opens the trunk and heaves the kids in like cordwood growling about how he wants peace and quiet until they get to Grandma's in Cincinatti (about 300 miles away). The kids sneak into the back seat, sit low and buckle up.

In about 30 year from now the kids will meet for Thanksgiving and one of them will most likely say, "Remember when dad used to let us make it look like we rode in the trunk?"

Laughter will ring out and that's what memories are all about.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#25]
My dad rolled in one school day and let me play hooky to go poke around in a C119 Flying Boxcar the Air Force had gotten ahold of to restore. I was probably around the same age as your kid, OP. Still remember it warmly decades later.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My dad rolled in one school day and let me play hooky to go poke around in a C119 Flying Boxcar the Air Force had gotten ahold of to restore. I was probably around the same age as you kid, OP. Still remember it warmly decades later.
View Quote

Yup. It's the stupid little shit like that you make memories out of.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#27]
You'll never get days back.  Good job.

We were family friends with the school nurse.  At leat a couple times a year my father would call the school and say the boy has "backwoods fever" and won't be in school today.  My father died when I was in high school, besides him hitting me fly balls in the backyard, these are the best memories I have of him.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#29]
.380 or .32ACP?
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
.380 or .32ACP?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a 380 browning my dad bought in 1962 on the way to Omaha NE selling cattle there.We lived in Iowa with fake gun laws then and you could buy handguns in most other states.A great memory from then.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like a fun day!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#33]
How much? I want one but they're stupid money now. I regret passing on one for $400
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Great job dad!
View Quote
HELLZ YES.

Back in the 20th century when we were stationed at the Presidio of San Francisco my dad took us to Chinatown for lunch then to F. Bob Chow's gun shop on Mission Street.

He got both of us set up with High Standard .22 pistols, Pachmayr bullseye boxes, and a Bushnell spotting scope so we would eventually shoot at Camp Perry.

We both still have those outfits.  My brother shot pistol at the Coast Guard Academy and the Navy Championships.

I shot the PACFLEET pistol matches and the National Matches.

Just one day a long time ago.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#35]
That must have been fun for your son.

My dad brought me to his work once instead of me going to school.

He was a doctor at  Curtis Bay in baltimore at the time, and even though I didn't get to see anything cool like surgery, he did show me the stuff he cut out of people that day. They wre cysts and growths that were put in biopsy jars that he showed me before they went to the lab.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#36]
It’s important, the years go by fast.

They will never forget, even if only a handful of times, your road-tripped to a shorting match, pick up some vehicle parts, a gun, a hunting trip, etc.
With required stops
Like old school diner for bacon cheeseburgers, chocolate shakes, fries, onion rings…
Drive in move, drive in root beer floats, etc.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How much? I want one but they're stupid money now. I regret passing on one for $400
View Quote

I was the high bidder at $500, they didn't mention in the auction about the 2 mags or that it was one of Sigs first imports
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Good times
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#39]
You'll be amazed how long he will remember that day.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Great job dad
I did one  road trip with my dad from northern Illinois to Wausau, Wi in his semi.
Called me out of school the day before,  and hit the road around 04:00.
Heading NB on I 94 he pulled over and said your turn to drive, so I jumped in and he taught me the shift pattern and about braking.
15 YO kid smiling ear to ear the whole way up and back,  had a great time except he wouldn't let back in the loading docks.
It was brought up today at the family get together,  hard to think that was over 3 decades ago.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#41]
I took my 5yo son on a little outing Fri.  We went to the gym where he watched me lift things up and put them back down.  Then we dropped off the minivan at discount tire for a rotation before heading next door to the ghetto Applebee's on William Cannon/I35.  He ate lunch while I maintained 360° awareness with a cz75 at the ready.  After picking up the family truckster, we headed to school to pick up his bro and sis.

You're better at father-son trips than I.

ETA: I tipped the waitress 40% because I think that $6 is all she made that afternoon.  No pics, you don't want any.

Happy kid
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Though I more routinely carry a .32 Walther PP, the Sig p230 is one of my personal favorites.  Really, really nice guns.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Bought my wife a Bersa 380 Delux model almost 10 years back from a pawn shop for $140. It was during a time that 380 ammo couldn't be found easily and I didn't know this when I got the gun. The pawn shop was out, but didn't tell me that it was on backorder for who knew how long.

I finally found some 380 ammo that had just gotten delivered to a small mom & pop liquor/gun store that we have here in MO a couple months later and bought the only 2 boxes of it that could be found at time, as even Bass Pro and others in my area didn't have any.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#44]
You'll both always remember that gun for the time you spent together. Pass it down to him.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Buying guns you say,, well there isn't much that excites me more than doing that.  There isn't a single one in my collection I would give up,, only from my cold dead hand.

Nice job OP.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I tell a lot of people that taking their kids/grandkids out of school and taking them out for something as simple as lunch will build lifelong memories.

Sure, you can take a day off from work in July, but there is a certain bliss involved with leaving school early.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#47]
9 is a little young for Hookers and Blow, maybe next year?

Mrs. Kubota has a 230, she likes it a lot.  

I do prefer the Beretta models as fit my hands a bit better.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Buying guns you say,, well there isn't much that excites me more than doing that.  There isn't a single one in my collection I would give up,, only from my cold dead hand.

Nice job OP.
View Quote

Fuck the stupid gun. It's just a piece of steel.

Time spent with your kids is priceless.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

@Breacher
View Quote
Heard nothing but bad things about Promags but if they work they work.
No other sources for factory mags except secondary market: EE, eBay, Gunbroker, etc.  

Going rate is $70+ last time I checked.

Got lucky a few years back and snagged one for $25 or so on EE, seller didn't know what it was but I did
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top