Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2021 12:20:24 AM EDT
I’ve ruminated on telling this story for a few days.  It’s deeply personal, and I still grasp with the reality of it.  I have always had an interest in science fiction and UFOs and the like. But when it came to ghosts and the paranormal, I was a hard skeptic. As a Christian, I believe that people don’t wander as spirits, nor can communicate with the living.  So, stories of fortune tellers, mediums, card readers, and the like always served as laughable entertainment.  After this series of events, I no longer deny that it is a real phenomenon.

The story starts with my wife, and my step son.

My step son was a 17yo, just learning to drive, and already in college because he was double promoted.  He was a smart young man that wanted to be a teacher.  He loved football, and was a huge Bob Marley fan too.  Good kid.

My wife means the world to me. At the time all this happened, she was interested in herbal home remedies and making essential oils. So she became a educated on all things herbal, and started collecting them as a hobby.

We lived close to a shop that stocked a wide range of herbs.  They were also a new age and Wiccan shop, of which we didn’t really understand nor have much interest in.

On Oct 23rd,  the shop had an event with all sorts of psychic stuff.  My wife and daughter stopped by to get some herbs.  The event happened to be taking place.

Since Halloween was around the corner, they thought it would be fun to get psychic readings.  My wife was put in with a tarot card reader. Part way through the reading, the psychic stopped and started balling crying. My wife asked her what was wrong, and the lady said that she was so sorry.  She told my wife that her life was going to be worse than it’s ever been.  She gave my wife back her money and sent her on her way.

My wife recounted the odd encounter to me and I brushed it off.  She did too.

November 1st rolls around.  Both of my step sons were staying with a friend after spending Halloween together.  My oldest step son had to run some errands.  He was gone for hours and no one could reach him on his phone.  They went out looking and came upon the crash.

He had run a little off the road, overcorrected and hit an embankment.  That flipped the car into cedar tree, right across the driver’s seat roof. It killed him instantly.

The funeral was of course horrific.  My wife was like me, in total despair.  After a month of turmoil and grief, We needed to take a break.  I was emailed a last minute cruise offer that had a stop in Jamaica, departing in 36 hours.  I thought it might help, so I booked it without even asking my wife.  I packed us up,  drove to Port Canaveral, and we got on the boat the following morning. It wasn’t a vacation, but a retreat from harsh reality.

Going to Jamaica, I thought, would be a way to connect with the memory of our son, since he was so into Bob Marley.  However,  when we got on the ship, we come to find that not only was the ship going to Jamaica, but it had an excursion option to drive a few hours from the port and visit Bob Marleys grave,  visit his house, and tour the museum at Nine Mile.  That last minute cruise deal that came at just the right moment, happened to have a way to connect with our son in the ultimate way.  So we went.  

We spent the afternoon touring and chilling, and made an incredible connection with our sons memories, as well as be there in honor of him, since it was a mecca he would never get to visit. It was spiritual and special in every way.  It healed us a little.

We returned home with a sense of doing a little something for him.

A few weeks go by, I don’t remember how many.  My wife tuned into livestream of a psychic. She had been so overwhelmed by the tarot card reading, she wanted to understand more about it.  If it was coincidence or not.  So, she tuned in and was just an anonymous viewer among thousands.

I came in the room and started to listen.  It was interesting to hear him be a medium for people on his show.  I thought it was impressive.   Towards the end of his show, he stopped mid reading.   He said that a teenage boy kept interrupting his readings, so he had to pass along the message that whoever went to Jamaica for him, that he was there with us, and he greatly appreciated it and it was awesome.

My wife and I were floored and in tears.  We hadn’t said anything, nor was the stream connected to her social media.  It was simply too spot on to not be true.  

After that, we stopped dealing with anything occult.  There is just something too powerful, and dark, in it.  But we fully understand that it’s real, and that it’s nothing to take lightly.

And thats what happened.

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a place after this one, and you will see him again.   Some thoughts and prayers your way!  
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoa. I usually think anything psychic is just a con but how could they know in this setting.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#3]
There's no words to convey my condolences.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 2:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Story trips me out bro and I believe it. Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 5:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Sincere condolences............
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:29:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Sq40 ,I appreciate all your posts and very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Sq40, thanks for sharing that very personal story with us and my condolences to you and your family.

I'm a firm believer in an afterlife and in psychic phenomenon like you describe and the ending choked me up more than a little.  I had the same reaction when I told someone that our mutual friend described seeing a bright light on both occasions when he coded in ICU.  To me, it's an affirmation that we do continue to exist after our deaths here and I always have an intense and visceral reaction these events.  

Powerful stuff and thanks again for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know how anyone could read your story and not know that there is far more to our spiritual reality than our limited understanding allows.

Deepest condolences to you, your wife, and everyone your son's soul touched.  I believe with you.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#9]
So: connected to social media?

Someone on their team went through  her posts and put two and two together.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I am sorry for your loss. That is a great story. Happy for you two, to get the chance to know he is out there.

Albert Einstein had this to say: Everything is a frequency. If he is correct you can talk to anyone out there.

I don't think its the occult.  That is a label humans give because we don't understand.

Hopefully one day with modern tech someone will figure out how to talk to those we have lost. Our hardware. Our bodies can't do it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you all so very much.  I really appreciate the support.  

It’s been almost five years.  It’s gotten a little easier, at least, much of the time.  

It was really hard to reconcile the events with what I was certain was reality.  I was in the deepest grief imaginable, trying to be a rock for everyone else who was falling to pieces. (Losing a child suddenly is like a hand grenade going off in the family. No one is the same afterwards.)

On top of that, I had an overwhelming sense that what my wife was told was real. It was a lot to digest.  The chain of coincidences to get on the boat and wind up in Nine Mile was somewhat hard to fathom.  And the final thing by that last psychic really hit me like a hammer.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry. Let me clarify.

She was on a YouTube livestream with the psychic, and among a huge crowd of people watching.   Her social media was Facebook and not connected with the Youtube account.  It would take more than a few minutes to make a connection between the two and try to glean any information to form a story.  I wont say it’s impossible, but I think it was unlikely under the conditions of being a casual stream viewer.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Very sorry for your loss OP.

I hope the pain fades with time for you and your wife and other kids.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Man I am sorry for your's and your wife's loss.  I can't imagine losing a child.  And thank you for putting that up there.
I always enjoy your posts and communicaton.  

Edit for a more appropriate time/thread.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you for posting.  There is definitely more to our existence than what we can easily see and touch.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice! Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 1:26:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sq40 ,I appreciate all your posts and very sorry for your loss.
View Quote

This most definitely.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#18]
My heart goes out to you and your family. I had no one I could talk to or relate to about losing a child and what follows. Message me if you need to talk to someone and will give you my number.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get you on that. Possible, sure. Would take a lot of effort but not impossible. That is why I am skeptical of psychics as you are.

I am old enough to remember getting Birthday cards with the dime slots in them from my grandma. After she passed I would find them. And not in the usual manner like running the washing machine. 3 lined up by my bedroom door, on a kitchen counter that I literally just cleaned and turned around to find one, a bed that I just made and smoothed out to return and find one on top in the center, one that was thrown at my son when it was just the two of us and he thought I had done it and I heard the clank and he asked why threw it at his head, or my car seat, or opening my grill? Always heads up? I could go on with just those examples of finding dimes. I do not carry change or use cash.

My daughter likes to leave nickels in the same manner. Explain that to a guy who never uses cash and was single and alone after my daughters passing.

The bright flashes of lights where there was no light source. On two occasions both my sons and I saw it after my daughters death, above our heads in the family room, and once in my oldest sons room where no light source was in regards to the extremely bright flash.

She loved butterflies and a psychic mentioned that to my parents. I woke up one morning to have my Yukon covered in Monarch butterflies. Driving down a road with my son and literally thousands of white ones every where? Sure, some could be coincidences but no way with the dimes or nickles.

When my grandma saw Taylor for the first time, she said she was an old soul and they die young. She was 16 at the time she passed, This July 2nd was her 10th anniversary of her passing. I do not get any of these signs anymore but I can not say they had not happened in the past.

I could go on with the paranormal experiences I have had. Not faulting you the skepticism as I was always trying to find a logical answer. Some of us are just more prone to receiving the experiences then others.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I am sorry for the loss of your son.

Please don't waste your time, money, or allow yourself to manipulated by "psychics."

If that crap was real they would all be millionaires instead of giving readings in trailers besides the interstate.

What your wife experienced is a classic scam technique called cold reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am sorry for the loss of your son.

Please don't waste your time, money, or allow yourself to manipulated by "psychics."

If that crap was real they would all be millionaires instead of giving readings in trailers besides the interstate.

What your wife experienced is a classic scam technique called cold reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

View Quote

OP said his wife was watching this on a computer. Was not in attendance. How can a "psychic" cold read someone that isn't even in the same room, city or state?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#22]
An amazing story.  I'm so sorry for your tragic loss.  Your family will be in my prayers, and thank you so much for sharing your story.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I am truely sorry for what you have been through. My condolences.

The first reading could have simply been a stunt to shock your wife and get her talking about the local psychic. She just so happened to be the person the psychic chose that day.

The second part either holds some water or it is a ridiculous coincidence. Neither one would surprise me.

If you have read my "ghost stories" in the ghost experience thread, you will know I believe that sometimes things happen that cannot be explained. This could very well have been one or two of those things. I frankly would not be surprised either way.

Again I am sorry for your loss.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top