Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2020 8:05:36 AM EDT
This is brienne, my new anatolian pyrenees.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't realize that mix was a thing.

Sounds like you have the chance of getting a more family friendly dog at the risk of spending every day vacuuming up dog hair
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife has two of them-same mix. I don't claim them.  Get lots of underground/invisible fence, give lots of room, and prepare for long nights of barking/patrolling.  Like...all night.  Ours work guarding sheep all night tho.  They need a job or they can be pretty destructive.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I transported one a few years back for rescue adoption that started in Texas and ended near Rochester Minnesota and had it in my possession for about 3 hours.  Certainly not enough time to get to know the animal very well. But I can say it was well behaved and very cooperative for me during this time and was quite friendly.  These are things I was not expecting from this dog.  She was very likable!  You certainly have a cute, little for now, critter there.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
7 month update
No big issues, she weighs 75lbs now. Kinda aloof, loves to play. Great with my grandkids,  but will not allow adults she does not know in the house.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Here’s our Pyr/Anatolian, “Chopper”Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a beautiful animal! How's he behavior wise?
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a beautiful animal! How's he behavior wise?
View Quote

His behavior is pretty good, but he’s very hard headed sometimes.

He’s very good with people but very protective of every animal and human in his pack
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

His behavior is pretty good, but he’s very hard headed sometimes.

He’s very good with people but very protective of every animal and human in his pack
View Quote

Thats about the same as mine. Best of luck!
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]

At 8 months
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I didn't realize that mix was a thing.

Sounds like you have the chance of getting a more family friendly dog at the risk of spending every day vacuuming up dog hair
View Quote

It is because on a goat farm your Pyrenees and your Anatolians are ranging around all day... You're gonna have some farm love going on there .  Seriously, two really great breeds. Cute pup.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top