Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2020 9:22:08 PM EDT

So I was bored, my humidor wasn't holding humidity like I wanted.  So I made some improvements.

here it is.
Attachment Attached File

First I added some weather stripping to help seal it better.
Attachment Attached File

Then added 2 brass latches to keep closed tight.
Attachment Attached File

And didn't like looking at the plain plastic screen so I took some foam board cut to size and added some cigar bands and a few cigar box labels to it.
Attachment Attached File

1 more page to go...
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
so after all of that...

I decided to free up some drawer space and moved the 320 gram hydration packs to the back side of the door, and a bit of interior air circulation set on a timer (TP Link Smart plug).

Side view of insert.

Attachment Attached File

The back with 1/4" Spanish cedar 1 Bovida 320 gram hydration pack mounting plate.  (Going to add a second).  and 2 5v USB powered 30mm x 30mm x 10mm micro fans.

Attachment Attached File

And the front with the insert installed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The power supply to be installed in the AM.  but it will come in the back under the bottom drawer.    Measure twice, cut once.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks good!  I like the cigar labels under the window.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 1:59:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice!

I'm happy with my Tupperware box ...for now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 2:40:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice setup.

I've become a big fan of the Rubbermaid Brilliance containers. Much thinner and better looking than normal Tupperware. Bovedas never run out.

I have a  glass top 150 cigar humidor doing it the old school way with some crystal gel for almost 20 years now and it works fine. I'd still like to get a plug-in herf cooler, but I smoke so rarely it would just end up storing thousands of cigars I'm not going to smoke. But it would be fun to buy boxes at a time and have a place to put them. I'm a hobby hoarder.

I need to smoke more.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few Rubbermaid Brilliance I use too for long term.  This thing sits in the living room to annoy the kids and store whats in line to be smoked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top