Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice. Simple, clean lines.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice, I need to pony up for one to go with the PPK and P99.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the Railmaster. Great form factor and beautiful watch. Along with the AT Golf, probably some of my favorite Omega designs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#9]
You will love it! Similar to your GS, it's so much better in person!

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Be careful
The watch hobby may interfere a bit with moneys earmarked for PC Ti exhausts, Graphics kits A-kit suspension and boutique anodized triple clamps for your KTM
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
OP, congrats.  I really like that.  I hope you have a better experience than me with a brand new Omega.  I got a stellar deal on a new Speedmaster Pro (thanks to AAFES) back in October.  Such a beautiful piece, until it stopped running less than a week on the wrist.  Completely dead in the water.  Sent into Omega service obviously at no cost under warranty.  Was really unsatisfied with customer service over the phone and via email.  They honestly didn't care that such an iconic, expensive piece failed in only a matter of days. It took over 2 months to complete service and I decided to part ways with the watch after I got it back.  Maybe I'll try again with a Speedy some other time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Be careful
The watch hobby may interfere a bit with moneys earmarked for PC Ti exhausts, Graphics kits A-kit suspension and boutique anodized triple clamps for your KTM
View Quote

lol.  20 years ago, me and 3 boys raced mx. riding KTMs before they were cool.  10 years of 8 bikes, 0 watches.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad I bought this band with it.  

It’s a looker.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Great looking watch. The next watch I’m going to buy is the 1957 throwback. Just need to find a reason to justify it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol.  20 years ago, me and 3 boys raced mx. riding KTMs before they were cool.  10 years of 8 bikes, 0 watches.
View Quote

One of my riding buddies expresses disdain - nearly to the point of revulsion - at my watch hobby

"that's the earmark of someone with a soft lifestyle --- "  or   "that watch doesn't DOOOO anything"
or "The ultimate expression of rich white guys' with nothing better to waste money on"

Some guys' will never get it --- just to make his head spin i sent him a link to this the "What watch did you wear today" thread and the reply was something like -- "Entitled Trumpers congratulating each other on how cool they think they are !"

If i had any other people to ride with, I'd probably have to cut the cord and move on, but moto friends start dropping out drastically in their 40's.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

One of my riding buddies expresses disdain - nearly to the point of revulsion - at my watch hobby

"that's the earmark of someone with a soft lifestyle --- "  or   "that watch doesn't DOOOO anything"
or "The ultimate expression of rich white guys' with nothing better to waste money on"

Some guys' will never get it --- just to make his head spin i sent him a link to this the "What watch did you wear today" thread and the reply was something like -- "Entitled Trumpers congratulating each other on how cool they think they are !"

If i had any other people to ride with, I'd probably have to cut the cord and move on, but moto friends start dropping out drastically in their 40's.
View Quote

Just had a similar conversation with a buddy who loves salt water fishing.  His reels cost as much as my watches.  

I told him, i love to look at your reels because they are functional and beautiful mechanical pieces that have served their intended purpose forever.  

He thought that was awesome.  

Then I told him, just like my watches!

He changed his tune…
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
When I was in high school I was informed that there was a gold pocket watch that had been in the family for 4-5 possibly 6 generations. I heard gold watch and said I would sell it to buy something cool which at the time would probably have been a new surfboard or something just as epic. Mom said it was mine but she would hang on to it till I promised I wouldn’t sell it. Took about 5 more years for me to appreciate it and even then she kept it for a couple more years just in case. I was probably 26 or 27 when I finally got it. I promptly sold it at a pawn shop for a surfboard. Just kidding! I still have it and have been preparing the next generation who will inherit it from me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Beautiful OP!! I sold my Omega a couple years ago after 15 years of daily wear (2254.50).  Maybe I shouldn't have but I got NODs and a couple other cheap watches with the money.

The 2254.50 was a beautiful watch but was always smaller than I wanted (I'm a big oaf).  If it was more like 45mm I'd never have sold it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean he's not wrong

I think the truth is it's a niche thing to be interested in. I know people that have $10k+ wrapped up in a golf cart or tickets to football or a home stereo. If it makes them happy why not? I don't have to go into debt to get a watch I want, just save a while first. Same with guns. Investing, family, expenses, etc all comes first. I should get to have some fun with the left over money.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I mean he's not wrong

I think the truth is it's a niche thing to be interested in. I know people that have $10k+ wrapped up in a golf cart or tickets to football or a home stereo. If it makes them happy why not? I don't have to go into debt to get a watch I want, just save a while first. Same with guns. Investing, family, expenses, etc all comes first. I should get to have some fun with the left over money.
View Quote

x2

I think a lot of the guys on here are pretty cool
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Whenever I start feeling bad about spending money on a watch, I drop into the photography forum and open a few astrophotography threads.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Love it.  I only have a couple rolexes now, but my soft spot is omega.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#23]
One of my favorite Omegas, and I haven’t owned any of them, yet.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Omega is the way….

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats, OP.

Wear it in health!
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a smaller, "gold" Omega my dad was gifted upon retiring.

The college offered him a Rolex, but he wanted an Omega!

They must've gotten him the cheapest one they made cuz all the "gold" is peeling off! Nice self-winder, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top