Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2018 3:52:03 PM EDT
Hi all, I'm a newbie here, and I saw this thread and thought about my middle brother who we lost just a few years back to a heart attack.  He would have liked this section, as he had gotten in to vintage razors and had a collection going and had one replated with sterling silver.  His daughter gave me the box of razors and I've held on to them but never have been brave enough to try using one.  He always raved about how great the shave was using one,  so maybe one day I'll try it out.  Here's a few pics of some of the razors, with close ups of the sterling plated razor.

Link Posted: 4/8/2018 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a couple of nice razors there. I've always been partial to the 'open comb'. Sorry for your loss.

btw, welcome.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a couple of nice razors there. I've always been partial to the 'open comb'. Sorry for your loss.

btw, welcome.
View Quote
Thanks, I appreciate it.  And thanks for the welcome.

He had a hell of a time with that silver one, as he got the razor back and parts had been switched out from what he sent.  The handle on his wasn't cracked, and what he got back was.  He went back and forth with the guy until he got it taken care of.  My mom found a list of some of the purchases for razors and blades he had done and gave it to me.  I need to dig it out and see what all is listed.  He also had some Atra razors too in the box, if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I was 19 and unexpectedly away from home, and needed a shave.
My Uncle had a comb safety razor, just like the one pictured.

Here use this, it will shave you good.

Best shave I ever got.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice collection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top