Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2021 12:27:40 PM EDT
So cool, this is the third time that my bike has been featured through a internet publication.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIzUYk9n5w-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1. Konacog.com dream build
2. Fuckyeahhardtail
3. Pinkbikes readers rides.
I'm happy as can be, that I took the gamble and ordered this frame sight unseen. I  hoped that it would live up to my expectations, and I'm definitely not let down.
The Kona Honzo ESD  is one of the most aggressive hardtails on the market and it just ensures confidence on the downhills.
It rewards hard charging and with the 63° headangle just is night and day better than my older big Honzo (29er).
It gives up just a little bit of nimbleness in the tight twisty stuff  due to the +3" longer wheelbase.  However I can definitely live with that.
Being that its steel vs my aluminum Big Honzo  it is so much easier on my knees and hands in the rough stuff.
It definitely likes to rip and getting airborne in like its in its D.N.A.
I can't emphasize how much I'm liking this bike.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Gotta log in.

Nope.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Killer bike you got there!
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:11:19 AM EDT
[#3]
nice bike.

and great timing.   Im getting re-acquainted with the bike world and am amazed at how the tech has progressed.  

Can an old slow guy really feel the difference between a steel frame and a carbon ?   I keep reading that about the Surly Krampus and can't help but wonder if its confirmation bias.

I keep seeing pink on pikes.   a single pink spoke.  pink cable.   and then pinkbikes.com.    what's the significance?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:05:16 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a nice hardtail! I love the Kona's, wish I could of found one in my price range when I was looking last summer.

I grew up on hardtails and just got back into riding after 12-13 years.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Killer bike you got there!
View Quote

Thanks Cinco
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
nice bike.

and great timing.   Im getting re-acquainted with the bike world and am amazed at how the tech has progressed.  

Can an old slow guy really feel the difference between a steel frame and a carbon ?   I keep reading that about the Surly Krampus and can't help but wonder if its confirmation bias.

I keep seeing pink on pikes.   a single pink spoke.  pink cable.   and then pinkbikes.com.    what's the significance?
View Quote

Steel is real! Some Carbon frames just like wheels are harsh riding like an aluminum frame, it depends upon the layup that the mfg chooses .
The Krampus is a great bikepacking bike, however if you are looking for purely a bike for mountain bike there are better choices .

Pinkbike has been around for awhile.
I'm not sure about the significance of the pink colors,  more women in cycling perhaps
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's a nice hardtail! I love the Kona's, wish I could of found one in my price range when I was looking last summer.

I grew up on hardtails and just got back into riding after 12-13 years.
View Quote

Konas can be kinda pricey in their price range.
I just got a frameset and built it up with some new parts and lots of "recycled " parts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top