Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Posted: 4/7/2014 12:28:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SWIRE]
For those that were familiar with my ammo app I was able to get it up and running again.  Walmart apparently had blocked the IP of my hosted site.  So it is running on a different host.

Thread on my previous app for those of you aren't familiar with it.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1478725__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Walmart_In_Stock_Ammo_App.html&page=1

The link to the new site for those who already have a profile.  http://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx

For those that need to register a profile http://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx?code=arfcom

Once your profile is setup you can access the main page with  http://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx

Keep the number of store IDs at 5 or less.  Also make sure to check at least one caliber box or you the app will give you an unhelpful error message.  There is no warranty implied with this product and no guarantee on how long it will stay up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Good to hear you're back. Thanks again for making this available.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar and I tip my hat to you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:32:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Psychovore] [#3]
Very cool, thanks.  

In before someone jumps on your case and blathers on about you being a neckbeard enabler.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:33:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Storm_Tracker] [#4]
Yeah getting the errors. I don't know store numbers. I signed up and tried to do a search and got,the errors.

Getting this as well

The app is currently experiencing issues.  It may have been blocked from accessing the Walmart site.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Storm_Tracker:

Yeah getting the errors. I don't know store numbers. I signed up and tried to do a search and got,the errors.  

View Quote

Getting this as well

The app is currently experiencing issues.  It may have been blocked from accessing the Walmart site.

Go to Walmart's website, go the store finder, enter your zip code, and the listing for stores near you will come up.  The store IDs are on that page.  The whole thing is driven by store ID so if you don't have those it won't work.

The other message is left over from the other site.  I will remove it now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome...showing some 22 in stock at my local store.  Time to neckbeard
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Getting this as well
View Quote

I'm getting errors even with store numbers
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By A-Mart:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A-Mart:

Getting this as well

Copy and paste your store number string here and I'll try it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:40:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Psychovore] [#9]
Will it work if there's only one Wal-Mart near us?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By Psychovore:

Will it work if there's only one Wal-Mart near us?
View Quote

Yes it only needs one store ID to run.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Load time was a bit long but it's running flawlessly for me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:46:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SWIRE] [#13]

Originally Posted By Mr_Smiley:

View Quote

Yes load time will be long.  It is pulling real time data off of Walmart's site.  For every store ID you entered you are making 300 calls to Walmart's website.  The more stores and the more ammo types you select the longer it will take.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:48:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

Yes load time will be long.  It is pulling real time data off of Walmart's site.  The more stores and the more ammo types you select the longer it will take.
View All Quotes

Yes load time will be long.  It is pulling real time data off of Walmart's site.  The more stores and the more ammo types you select the longer it will take.

I figured that was the reason. Just wanted to make sure the ADD types didn't think it was busted.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:55:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Psychovore] [#15]
When I selected a few types of ammo it didn't find some I knew they had in stock.  When I checked the "All" box it found them.

ETA: Maybe just site traffic overwhelming it?  I'll try it later tonight too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Op!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#17]

When I selected a few types of ammo it didn't find some I knew they had in stock.  When I checked the "All" box it found them.
View Quote

Can you post links to the ammo that was missing?  I'll check and make sure it is in the database right.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:04:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Psychovore] [#18]
This they could have sold out of by now: http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Cartridge-5.56mmx45mm-62gr-FMJ-Ball-Clipped-Ammo-Can-420-Rounds/21638833

I know they have a mountain of the thousand round bulk boxes of it, though.  Trying to find a link for them, or find them on the site.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:15:26 AM EDT
[#19]

This they could have sold out of by now: http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Cartridge-5.56mmx45mm-62gr-FMJ-Ball-Clipped-Ammo-Can-420-Rounds/21638833

I know they have a mountain of the thousand round bulk boxes of it, though.  Trying to find a link for them, or find them on the site.
View Quote

I was able to get results with the .223/5.56 box checked on that product id.  It could be they are sold out or it could have been a glitch in the site.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for doing this!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:28:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gammaecho22] [#22]
Holy shit, 3 near me have 22LR.

Neckbearding ahoy!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By gammaecho22:
Holy shit, 3 near me have 22LR.

Neckbearding ahoy!
View Quote

I see a bunch of Federal 550 packs in my area. I may fo
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:37:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Says Limited stock for Winchester M-22 .22LR

So what does that mean, they have it NOW or they are getting it today and will be putting it out?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Thanks Buddy!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:00:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:
Says Limited stock for Winchester M-22 .22LR

So what does that mean, they have it NOW or they are getting it today and will be putting it out?
View Quote

I believe that means they have it but have less then they normally order. In other words HURRY!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:05:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Psychovore] [#27]
Looked for PMC Bronze .223 on their site but couldn't find it, but I know that's one our local store has.

What is the .4 caliber box to the left of the .40 caliber box on the check box list?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:06:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Good job getting it back up and running.

what does this mean?

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <customErrors mode="Off"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>
View Quote

Its not giving me any results
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:08:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Spankadin:

what does this mean?

View All Quotes

what does this mean?

<configuration>
   <system.web>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

It did that to me as well but when I refreshed it went away.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:11:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Getting this as well
View All Quotes

Getting this as well

Go to Walmart's website, go the store finder, enter your zip code, and the listing for stores near you will come up.  The store IDs are on that page.  The whole thing is driven by store ID so if you don't have those it won't work.

The other message is left over from the other site.  I will remove it now.
Got it working, thank you very much.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:13:25 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

what does this mean?

<configuration>
   <system.web>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Its still not working for me. Not that I'm complaining. I will try it several more times later. It's not like I'm doing much right now... lol
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:31:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Yep, not working for me either...Runtime Error
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:41:28 AM EDT
[#33]
I need some cci velocitor, any ideas of where its sold, it appears walmart doesn't even carry it? Thought this might be a good place to ask.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:57:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnSmith6073] [#34]
Im not convinced the walmart inventory system isn't mucked with. Your app shows some in stock but I cannot duplicate any instock status via the web or an ios app. Plus I've been duped before when it did show in stock, either the system was messed with at the time or the bubba behind the counter was a tard and couldn't find the items. The whole walmart ammo experience is a mess. If something still shows in the morning I'll make a run to confirm.

ETA: Via web browser it shows "In stores only" and no stock status.
IOS shows nothing when searching for .22lr, 22, federal, the sku number etc.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I get a runtime error is NO ammo boxes are checked.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#36]

I get a runtime error is NO ammo boxes are checked.
View Quote

Yes if no boxes are checked it will error 100% of the time.  The same goes if the string of store IDs has spaces or other characters in it.

I need to add better error handling, I had just figured the entire panic would be over by now.  Had I known it was going to last this long I would have refined the app a bit more.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#37]
If you don't remember you username or password from before just create a new profile.  http://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx?code=arfcom
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for doing this. Pretty awesome idea!

I entered three stores and the third returned no results, though the first two had quite a few. Does that just mean the third store had nothing in .40, .45 or .22?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Had three different types listed as in stock.  None available when I got there.  I wonder if they're hiding that shit in the back?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#40]
If you don't remember you username or password from before just create a new profile.  http://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx?code=arfcom
View Quote

Any Way to pull the price?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#42]
When I click .223/5.56 and search it only brings up a colt le6920. No ammo. Also I put in 4 different ID's when I created my profile. But it only has the first id I put in pulled up?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Good job diversifying your interests.

I have a list of names and the NSA supporting comments that people have made over the last year.

It also isn't that difficult to write a computer program to capture and parse the text of every post on this site.  The NSA isn't the only one creating a historical database for future use in monitoring people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Who's awesome?  OP is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Yes but it is complicated.  Version 3 of my app will pull price.  It pulls the product details in a different way and doesn't give accurate stock status.  The result is a lot of extra results that aren't really there.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#46]
how close to real time is this?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:02:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SWIRE] [#47]

Originally Posted By mattellis2:

how close to real time is this?

View Quote

The data you see is about 30 seconds old, which is the time it takes the page to load. That said, Walmart's data is typically jacked up.  A product that is scanned off a truck this afternoon will show up as "In Stock" even though they won't put it out until tomorrow.  Then you have the Walmart employees that "hide ammo in the back" in which case the ammo shows up as "In Stock" but is never brought out.  So "In Stock" right now doesn't necessarily mean "Available Right Now".

I've watched my local store and know for a fact the employees were hiding the .22lr.  Mid afternoon it would show up as "In Stock" meaning it should be available the next morning.  That morning I trek out to Walmart, wait in line, and no .22lr ammo is brought out.  I go to work and continue to watch the status, around 10am it would switch from "In Stock" to "Limited Stock", meaning they went from more than 5 boxes to less than 5 boxes.  A bit later it would show "Out Of Stock".  This was well before some stores started bringing the ammo out at random times during the day.  That exact scenario played out again at my local store today.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:05:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InfiniteGrim] [#48]
Anyway to add .300 AAC? Aparently some stores are starting to stock it.

Also what about reloading supplies?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#49]
very cool.  thank you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Anyway to add .300 AAC? Aparently some stores are starting to stock it.

Also what about reloading supplies?
View Quote

If you can get me a UPC code or Walmart product ID I can add it.  

That goes for anyone, my UPC and product database hasn't been updated in about 6 months.  If you know of something that came out recently let me know.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top