Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2018 11:55:06 PM EDT
Nothing happens when pushing power button.  Yes I’ve tried another battery.  This is a documentation camera I carry in my pack.

Recommend a new pocket camera?

Big camera is a d7200.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Nothing happens when pushing power button.  Yes I’ve tried another battery.  This is a documentation camera I carry in my pack.

Recommend a new pocket camera?

Big camera is a d7200.
View Quote
I've got a D5300 and am about to go to a FF D610 probably, if not a D7200. My thing is, if I need a pocket camera, it damn near impossible to beat my Galaxy s9. What phone you got?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Phone is a 5s and I do not take it on search missions.

I was attempting to document a coastguard hoist in a remote mountainous area.

6800 had some optical zoom which has been nice.

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife has a Sony RX100-IV. Works well and captures raw files, too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:48:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife has a Sony RX100-IV. Works well and captures raw files, too.
View Quote
I thought about getting one of those compact Sony RX100-4, but they cost $1,200, which I consider a bit steep. I would love to get a compact camera to use when I don't feel like lugging around my Nikon D7500.

OT/BTW: No more of those compact cameras  with the self-retracting/extending lens for me. I had a Canon S110 and a Panasonic ZS50, both died because the lens would no longer extend/retract.  Both companies claim that I abused the cameras, but I didn't abused them, I just used a LOT, and they wanted 2/3-3/4 the price of a new camera to repair, so now I have ~$1,200 worth of paper weights. I am down on this type of cameras.

I have a Sony RX10-3 which also has a self-retracting/extending lens, but so far so good, I've had zero problems so far, I probably have ~30K clicks on the shutter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
BuyDig has a whole bunch of the Nikon 1 cameras and some coolpix on refurb sale currently.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I just spoke with my brother.  He’s sending up a s9500 for me to use.

I was looking at a canon sx620 and likely will get one of those if the s9500 has issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top