Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2018 11:36:56 PM EDT
My Father passed away 8/20/2018 from cancer.

My Father lived in Seattle, I live Near Portland Oregon

He had been suffering from pains in his rib cage and stomach  for a year but never said a word.

July 23rd he went to the Va for scans and they discovered 6 tumors. I was with him the whole week at the Va.

He was a smoker since age 13. He was exposed to agent orange in Vietnam in 71

The oncologists gave him a month minimum, 6 months maybe with chemo.

I knew he probably wouldn't last the month but I had hope.

My brothers and I saw him one last time 8/18/2018 I thought he might make it to the next weekend.

I got the call Monday morning about 8 am 8/20/2018 from my brother in Hawaii that dad would not make it thru the day.

I was in the car in 30 minutes with my wife to Seattle. I got a call at 10:40am from my brother sobbing Dad had passed away.

I went to Seattle see him at the VA.

He passed away so fast that im still in disbelief how fast he went. My dad was prepared.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 4:05:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm very sorry to hear about your father.  My condolences to you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m so sorry to hear that.   Lost my Uncle that way about 4 years ago.  Similar  situation Vietnam vet, Marine who fought at Khe Sanh, large tumor in chest, cancer and went quick. May God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
My condolences, never easy.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I a man sorry for your loss.  My mom passed in 2005 and dad is in a nursing home currently.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#6]
So sorry for your loss.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top