BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you notice all the 300 pound EMTs and hospital staffers that come out to help roll them into the hospitals?
Seems like all the locals are also obese. It's definitely a regional/cultural/class problem too.

https://hashimashi.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/most-obese-states-map-2018-courtesy-stateofobesity.png
View Quote

That's basically a map of where poor stupid people are fed junk food by taxpayers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#2]
At my worst, I was 260.  I felt like shit.  210 now, and feel better in every way.  I don't know how people can carry hundreds of extra pounds.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty much. Most need therapy just as much as they need to lose weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No different than watching a show about alcoholics or drug addicts.
Pretty much. Most need therapy just as much as they need to lose weight.

They’re addicted to the feeling of being full.  Hence they eat constantly to maintain the “high”.  Pretty much zero difference to a heroin addict.  Their brain just chose a different substance.  I’m not excusing them though.  Addictions can be overcome IF the person wants it badly enough.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The one that’s on she had a food delivery. Looked like 5 burritos or so and 4-5 fast food sandwiches. Even when I was young and in good shape I couldn’t have eaten half of that in one sitting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s a guilty pleasure of mine.

To answer your question I watched one of those fat bastards eat 2 whole pizzas, wings, bread sticks, brownies from one of the pizza chains.

The one that’s on she had a food delivery. Looked like 5 burritos or so and 4-5 fast food sandwiches. Even when I was young and in good shape I couldn’t have eaten half of that in one sitting.

It's kind of insane.  I remember when I was younger, less injured, and much more active, I had trouble eating enough to meet the calories I spent on hard days.  And it was nowhere near the amount that those things can pack down.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They’re addicted to the feeling of being full.  Hence they eat constantly to maintain the “high”.  Pretty much zero difference to a heroin addict.  Their brain just chose a different substance.  I’m not excusing them though.  Addictions can be overcome IF the person wants it badly enough.
View Quote
The one thing I do feel sorry for them for, is unlike a drug addict or alcoholic, a person must eat to survive.

I remember seeing a story long time ago about a grossly overweight guy who lost it all, got healthy, was the icon of example. Many years later fell right back into it and got fat again. In his interview he said an addict can walk from substances but no one can walk away from food. He even acknowledged his mental issues behind it all knowing full well his contribution to his own situation (giving in to the cravings).

Every single one of us have had a taste, no pun intended, of their predicament. Ive sat down and ate a whole pizza, 1/2gal of icecream, bucket of chicken, etc..... we've all binged something foodwise. Not making excused for them thats not my point. Every single substance we humans abuse is directly tied to emotions, and it always seems be one of the big three: boredom, depression or anxiety. However I think when it comes to food thats got to be the worst one. Even if you kick the habit and fix your emotional health, you're faced with food every day. One slip off the emotional ballance, a bad day, a tragedy or whatever? Food is right there.

Again, not making excises for them. But imagine if we had to consume heroine or alcohol to survive. Thats what they face.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to watch it periodically for the success stories.  Then I started bingeing it and realized 99% of them were just.....really terrible people and it seemed like there were almost no success stories anymore.  Just excuses and failures.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't even watch the teasers without nearly gagging and I go 260 at 6' tall.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I used to watch it periodically for the success stories.  Then I started bingeing it and realized 99% of them were just.....really terrible people and it seemed like there were almost no success stories anymore.  Just excuses and failures.
View Quote

Food addiction really brings out the worst in a person.  I'd bet even more so than other types.  The foodie fatties were some of the absolute most lazy and manipulative fucks I've ever been around.  They also have less than zero willpower because food addiction doesn't (yet) carry the stigma of alcohol/drugs.  "Oh it's just a bag of Hershey's Miniatures.  My belly was rumbling".
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If this is a real post.
Congrats in bettering yourself. Keep it up and I hope you find the peace you’re looking for.
View Quote

100% real, I made a post in team a month back on tips for dealing with the loose skin. Thanks I try to plead with any fat person who’s interested in my story. They think they’re happy, they’re fooling themselves.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

If we didn't have laws in this country you could throw them all in a facility and restrict their diets until they weren't fat anymore
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone ever watch it? I binge it every now and then. The one that’s on now the woman is 800 pounds. How does someone even get that big? She is still mobile so when she moves around she is pretty much moving a mass of weight most of couldn’t do. I’m overweight at 260. Been this weight for years. Don’t gain more than a pound or two even when I may over eat. I may eat two fast food sandwiches and be pretty stuffed. How do you take in so many calories that your weight balloons to close to a half ton?
View Quote

Mental health issues with eating being a coping mechanism.  Like a heroine addict except with food.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Didn't they use to throw these people down a pit in the olden days?
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Modern medicine has enabled them to exist. Without a handful of pills and shots every day, the tough fact of life is that they would have long been in the ground.

There is also the factor of coddling enabling family members who serve them, who themselves probably have mental health issues. It is really no different than buying an alcoholic relative a constant supply, or giving spending money to a drug addict.

The issue is personal to me because like many people I have a close relative who is morbidly obese and never leaves the recliner. Who is severely winded just from walking to the kitchen. It hurts to see but some
people are beyond help.

I am wondering when our life expectancy statistics are going to go down dramatically, maybe in the next decade or two if trends dont reverse.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#15]
How do you get even close to 300lbs without having a reality check/awakening?

I've been there once, and I have never been so disgusted in myself.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How do you get even close to 300lbs without having a reality check/awakening?

I've been there once, and I have never been so disgusted in myself.
View Quote

in my case, I am 306 and sexy AF
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top