Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2020 4:35:52 PM EDT
For years I have used the small scissors that came with my wahl clippers to trim my moose stashe and been satisfied if not impressed with the results.  I  finally broke the plastic handle, so I went on Amazon and bought a replacement.

Amazon Product
  • ProMax Care Barber Shears Measures 6.5 Inch with 4 To 4.5 inch Long Cutting Blades Black Titanium Finish
  • ProMax Care Barber Scissors Made of 100 Percent stainless steel is used for high quality and durability
  • ProMax Scissors are Hand Crafted blades provides optimum controlled balance

Big mistake, they are ok as scissors go, but they SUCK for moustache trimming.  They are so flimsy they split and fold 1/2 way through the cut.  I have never thought of my hair as particularly coarse, but it completely overpowers those professional scissors.

So before I dig out my Kleins
Amazon Product
  • Designed for telecom, electrical and heavy-duty use applications
  • Strong, tough tempered steel
  • Nickel-plated finish resists corrosion

, I come humbly asking for alternatives to keep my proper grooming standards met...
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
In for fancy mustache scissor goodness.

I usually use the cheap ass ones from CVS but, they suck.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Did I just step into a beans no beans, will it fly paradox where nobody has an opinion, or am I just not supposed to trim the stupid thing
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the dovo mustache scissors.  Have lasted 8 years and still cut well. Little pricey though.  I think I got them from thesupperiorshave.com

Edit:

Found them on sale here,

https://www.excaliburcutlery.com/dovo-noir-moustache-scissors

I believe this model is discontinued so might be hard to find.  They also make a non black version.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Small straight surgical scissors like these:

Iris

Link Posted: 10/8/2021 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Tenartis, made in Italy. They seem very nicely made ans work great. I hate Chinese scissors for anything.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
After half a dozen other scissors from both beauty supply stores and a couple from Amazon I found these, and after having used them for a while I think these have been the best ones that I have found.
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top