Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2021 11:03:13 AM EDT
Last night one of our brothers was receiving his 50 year apron. Georgia's GM was in attendance with his entourage.
We were supposed to open the lodge in short form and put the lodge at ease during the meal and then reassemble with the "profane" afterwards.

Me, being the good little SD that I am, was sitting in my chair, all alone, clothed and ready to go. It was getting close to start time and I was getting a bit frustrated that we were not opening yet.
I asked our WM what then deal was and he said, "with everything going on we were just going to open after the meal".

I asked him what was going on and he said there was a shooting at the grocery store next door and someone was killed and the suspect had ran through our property. Someone even said they thought the lodge caught a stray round!

(We were supposed to be picking up fried chicken from the grocery store but they had it shut down. We managed though.)

Deputies came in and asked if anyone had seen or heard anything. Some of the ladies cooking said someone banged on the backdoor of the lodge right after the shooting! Turns out the suspect was trying to get in! One of our old farts said the suspect couldn't get in because he didn't know the password!

Once lodge was opened we kept hearing the helicopter search going on. The Tyler was actually on his toes!

Well after we left lodge they caught the suspect. Our MWGM said he'd never been to a communication like that one!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Situational awareness score?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Deputies came in and asked if anyone had seen or heard anything. Some of the ladies cooking said someone banged on the backdoor of the lodge right after the shooting! Turns out the suspect was trying to get in! One of our old farts said the suspect couldn't get in because he didn't know the password!
View Quote

Who would have thought that?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Best Tyler story I've ever heard. Good on him! Damned cowans and eavesdroppers...
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Brother if you don’t mind me asking what city in Georgia?

I have many friends in NW and SE Georgia from my years working with the army.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is funny.  I appreciate that
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Brother if you don’t mind me asking what city in Georgia?

I have many friends in NW and SE Georgia from my years working with the army.
View Quote
This. I want to visit his lodge. Ours is boring in comparison
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry I've been absent from here lately. St. John's #45 at Jackson.
I can assure you this is the most exciting thing that's happened it a while!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top