Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2020 7:59:15 PM EDT
Can I find one in store or do I need to buy online?  Ordered a series that won't play on my DVD player (I already knew this) and need to find one that is multi regional.  Would a place like Best Buy have this?  If I have to order online what do you suggest?
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a computer with a dvd drive?

Rip it to a file and play that or burn it to a disc
Legal to do under the "Fair Use"  USSC decision as long as you don't give away or sell the back-up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]
When I was in the market for one a few years ago, I had to order from amazon. None of the retail stores had one.
I got the cheapest one I could find and it's lasted quite a few years.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont know if such things still exist, but some players were hackable with a certain button combo opening up the device.  Maybe check the internet or forums specific to your player.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#4]
 Aren't there Region-less DVD players
Slightly different than what the OP asked for.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
A google search does show results from buying online, Amazon, Walmart which is good as they used to be hard to get.   I did see a result from BestBuy too but did not pursue if available still or in retail store.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't imagine it's as much a problem with Blu Ray media formats and resolutions, but isn't there a chance older DVD's from European regions could be encoded in PAL or Secam?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top