Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/4/2022 8:07:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dassault]
I will be moving to North Carolina in January then up to Boston 2-3 months after. Are AWD cars a must in MA? I see it gets pretty snowed in in the winter months up there - what months does this typically run through? Can my employer give me a pay DECREASE if I tell them I’m moving, based on CA cost of living? (I work remote)

I’m an avid motorcycle rider, how long is riding season? Trackdays any good up there? What months are you wearing heated suits? Weather in SD today is 80 with 90% humidity, Boston was 90 with 50% humidity

I know MA sucks politically, I’m a blood red nationalist but I tried Texas for a bit and ended up coming back to CA because there was 0 high paying jobs where I was. Plan is to work in Boston for a few years then buy a house in New Hampshire
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That you’re moving from one shitty state to another.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you should stay in North Carolina.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Boston sucks...
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarrierGas] [#4]
AWD is much less important than good tires, preferably snow tires. From one unfree state to a less unfree (as a native Masshole) one, why the punishment? AWD merely makes people think they’re immune to the laws of physics.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
What do you do for work? Can it be do e remotely?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Love Boston.

Chinatown is shady after dark.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:14:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RVAguy] [#7]
San Diego and Boston have about the same weather. At least you are a cyclist, so the drivers of Boston will love you just like everyone else already does.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Boston is more expensive than San Diego for some reason.

I always get more per diem when I travel there and hotels are stupidly expensive
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#9]
You won't have to start over and elect a bunch of libtards. They are already installed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RVAguy:
San Diego and Boston have about the same weather.
View Quote

This made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
That you’re a fucking idiot for living in both places…
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#12]
San Diego and Boston have about the same weather. At least you are a cyclist, so the drivers of Boston will love you just like everyone else already does.
View Quote

Um, San Diego has probably the best weather in the US.  Boston has a winter spring, summer, and fall. You will get 4 seasons. Winter is cold, but not upper midwest or northern rockies cold.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#13]
You need to know that the Northend has great Italian food.  Regina Pizzeria for dinner, Mike’s Pastry for desert. Or, any other nice Italian restaurant and Modern Pastry for desert.  Tons of options.

Boston is a cool pace to visit in the summer.  I’ve been there twice in the last month and will probably head back in a few weeks before it gets cold.

I’m not sure I’d want to live there.  Good luck.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AbsolutLemur:
What do you do for work? Can it be do e remotely?
View Quote

Originally Posted By Dassault:
I will be moving to North Carolina in January then up to Boston 2-3 months after. Are AWD cars a must in MA? I see it gets pretty snowed in in the winter months up there - what months does this typically run through? Can my employer give me a pay DECREASE if I tell them I'm moving, based on CA cost of living? (I work remote)

I'm an avid motorcycle rider, how long is riding season? Trackdays any good up there? What months are you wearing heated suits? Weather in SD today is 80 with 90% humidity, Boston was 90 with 50% humidity

I know MA sucks politically, I'm a blood red nationalist but I tried Texas for a bit and ended up coming back to CA because there was 0 high paying jobs where I was. Plan is to work in Boston for a few years then buy a house in New Hampshire
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

Um, San Diego has probably the best weather in the US.  Boston has a winter spring, summer, and fall. You will get 4 seasons. Winter is cold, but not upper midwest or northern rockies cold.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I know a good sarcasm meter guy, if you need your shit calibrated.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By davidb1982:
That you're moving from one shitty state to another.
View Quote
FMFPMFNI
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#17]
you have traded yuppies with a bad baseball team for racist with a bad baseball team
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#18]
You need to know about better places to live
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I enjoyed my trip to Boston. There’s zero chance I’d live there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Shootindimag:
you have traded yuppies with a bad baseball team for racist with a bad baseball team
View Quote

I cannot continue to live amongst the invaders in San Diego. I will not raise children around them. SD has gotten so bad
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Tell your boss that you are maintaining two residences. Some companies are starting to lower wages of California workers when they move out of state.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cashsales:
That you're a fucking idiot for living in both places
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:26:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NH556] [#23]
2022 join date
San Diego
Boston

NH is closed for business, sorry bud

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't move to Boston.  I'd commute.  Do not live west of Boston either.  Do not attempt to bring a RWD car here and drive it in the winter.  Fall is the only good season here with some decent days in Spring and occasionally Summer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I grew up in MA, went to college there, and lived in the Boston Metro area for a few years after graduation. Bostonians tend to be cliquey and clannish. Neighbors may not acknowledge your existence until you've lived there a year or two.

When you meet a woman, in the first 5 minutes she'll ask where you live, what you drive, and what you do for a job. Save time and just carry a laminated copy of last year's W2.

There are lots of beautiful and historical places to visit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:32:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ubaddog] [#27]
I grew up around Boston also lived in San Diego so I feel sad for you.
100s of Thousands of Boston drivers manage to drive like shit on 2wheel drive so AWD isn't a must by any means. If possible I'd drive a beater, parking is tight in the city.

Boston is pricey too, I wouldn't expect a decrease.

Massachusetts is famous for their driving, sport driving and aggravation is the norm.
I feel like I see less motorcycles around Boston than any other east coast city for a reason and it's not the weather.

Good luck you are in for a down grade.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#28]
In Boston, you might not even need a car.

My brother sold his car when he lived there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I will be moving to North Carolina then up to Boston 2-3 months after. (I work remote)

I tried Texas for a bit and ended up coming back to CA because there was 0 high paying jobs where I was. (I work remote)

Plan is to work in Boston for a few years then buy a house in New Hampshire. (I work remote)
View Quote

If you work remote, how is finding work in Texas any different than working in North Carolina for a few months before moving to Boston, then moving to New Hampshire?

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#30]
CA to MA, strong move.

In many ways, a downgrade as much as that's possible.

MA is about as far from the United States as you can get, and still be within the borders.  New Jersey notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Plan is to work in Boston for a few years then buy a house in New Hampshire
View Quote
How stereotypical  
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#32]
You'll have a hard time not laughing at the way they talk
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Dont.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

If you work remote, how is finding work in Texas any different than working in North Carolina for a few months before moving to Boston, then moving to New Hampshire?

View Quote

I didn’t get this job until I came back to SD. It started as hybrid, then with the libs in charge they decided to go full remote with the latest COVID/Monkeypox scare
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Boston blows
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Boston ... the only place in the world where you can die from a hat attack.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By PhilipPeake:
Boston ... the only place in the world where you can die from a hat attack.
View Quote
my boy's wicked smaht.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Stop somewhere halfway?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Tell your friends not to call after eight o'clock.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#41]

I cannot continue to live amongst the invaders in San Diego. I will not raise children around them. SD has gotten so bad
View Quote

Hate to break it to you but Boston and the surrounding areas are probably worse in that regard.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#42]
I would also like to add that no “red blooded nationalist” would live in Boston or SD by choice. You ain’t fooling anyone
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MangyRhombus:
Stop somewhere halfway?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Get ready to meet a lot of assholes.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I visited Boston last october for a sporting event. Very historic = everything is old and crappy. It was also expensive.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Its gonna be fuckin cold!

There are a shitload of leftist assholes there know as Massholes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I will be moving to North Carolina in January then up to Boston 2-3 months after. Are AWD cars a must in MA? I see it gets pretty snowed in in the winter months up there - what months does this typically run through? Can my employer give me a pay DECREASE if I tell them I’m moving, based on CA cost of living? (I work remote)

I’m an avid motorcycle rider, how long is riding season? Trackdays any good up there? What months are you wearing heated suits? Weather in SD today is 80 with 90% humidity, Boston was 90 with 50% humidity

I know MA sucks politically, I’m a blood red nationalist but I tried Texas for a bit and ended up coming back to CA because there was 0 high paying jobs where I was. Plan is to work in Boston for a few years then buy a house in New Hampshire
View Quote

Why are you moving to Boston?   Where in MA are you working?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By California_Kid:
I think you should stay in North Carolina.
View Quote

QFT!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#49]
When the leaves are turning, it's hard to beat motorcycling in VT. and NH.

RT. 100 goes North through the center of VT., and the riding is incredible.

Likewise, Franconia Notch area in the White Mountains is awesome.

Get some serious winter gear, it get's cold up there in winter.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Lived in Boston for 4 years going to collage. Way too many liberals there for a comfortable existence. You will feel like an outcast at times. I love the area, love the climate, love the food... if only the area had more conservative thought. Find a good church to support yourself. I went to Park Street Church at the Commons. Took a few classes there at night. They were solid.

2WD is fine. I drove a 69 Econoline van and a 67 VW bug and was fine. They get less snow a year now than then.

Good luck. Like I said, I would love to live there, if it weren't for the people. And then, there's those gun laws.... Ugh.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top