BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sister in law said let’s wash it off and eat… currently a discussion on should we eat it or
View Quote

Holy crap, wipe it off and cut it up.

If there's ever a shortage of food in this country half the people will starve because germs are icky....
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm guessing that only the skin actually touched the floor. Take off the skin and you have a clean turkey.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Time to do the Jim Morrison  turkey  stomp.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
This happened at my house when I was a kid(centuries ago!).  We just got a new range, and, in my Dad's haste to get it in before the holidays, he never secured it to the wall with the supplied brackets.  Dad was sleeping in bed(after working double shift pre-holiday), Grandfather was in the den sipping Hennessy, Mom pulls the turkey shelf out to baste it, range tips, Mom catches (and holds!)the range, and the bird flops out on the floor with all the juice.  Mom screams at me to get Dad.  I run in and tell Dad the turkey flew out of the oven.  In his freshly awaken haze, he runs into the kitchen and slips on juiced up floor.  Grandfather turned his head, assessed the situation, and thought better to not get involved, resuming his sipping. Happy Thanksgiving!

ETA:  We served/ate the turkey, and I'm still here
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
5 second drop rule applies
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm guessing that only the skin actually touched the floor. Take off the skin and you have a clean turkey.

Ten seconds of water and the problem is solved.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This happened at my house when I was a kid(centuries ago!).  We just got a new range, and, in my Dad's haste to get it in before the holidays, he never secured it to the wall with the supplied brackets.  Dad was sleeping in bed(after working double shift pre-holiday), Grandfather was in the den sipping Hennessy, Mom pulls the turkey shelf out to baste it, range tips, Mom catches (and holds!)the range, and the bird flops out on the floor with all the juice.  Mom screams at me to get Dad.  I run in and tell Dad the turkey flew out of the oven.  In his freshly awaken haze, he runs into the kitchen and slips on juiced up floor.  Grandfather turned his head, assessed the situation, and thought better to not get involved, resuming his sipping. Happy Thanksgiving!

View Quote

Truly funny shit right there...
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sister in law said let’s wash it off and eat… currently a discussion on should we eat it or
View Quote

Jim Morrison's friends approve....... Edit: BEAT
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Three Stooges Curly " Certainly, Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk"

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the kitchen floor that dirty? Did you stop to consider how much crap we breathe straight into our lungs each day? Do you ever wonder how humanity survived before Purell?
OP, you did right staying out of the kitchen. Nothing good will come out of getting mixed up in a clucking hen fest.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It would have never made it to the floor here, several German Pointers lurking.... Good luck getting it back.
View Quote

A Christmas Story- Bumpus Hounds

Already done so this one
Angry Debra vs. Slippery Turkey
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#12]
The Pilgrims didn't even have floors.

And the Indians didn't even wash their hands.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#13]
OP is not habitating a poor people house.

Obviously.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Looks like it fell off the grill into the yard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks like it fell off the grill into the yard

In the dirt or on the dirt?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you knew what corners were cut to bring that Turkey to the grocery store, the last thing you would be worried about is it being in your kitchen floor.
View Quote

There ya go.  Find a video of a turkey raising ranch and no one would eat it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#16]
My MIL used to piss all over the toilet seat. I'd spray it, wipe it, and use the toilet seat again.
You get where I'm going with this, OP?

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Sons of bitches!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#18]
memories.  I guarantee, 20 years from now, you'll remember this year over every other year.  

I remember when my mom didnt cook the bird all the way through.  I was trying to carve it up, and saw the meat was rare.  had to wait another hour or two for it to fully cook.  We ate the side dishes, then ate turkey later.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My MIL used to piss all over the toilet seat. I'd spray it, wipe it, and use the toilet seat again.
You get where I'm going with this, OP?

View Quote

Your MIL is a man?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your MIL is a man?
View Quote

Um, no. How did she constantly manage to piss on the toilet seat? I have no idea.
This was in Mexico. They don't toilet train there.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#21]
How bad could it be ?
Are you cooking dinnner in a cabin, over a dirt floor ?

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Did everyone do the dinosaur?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Just run it through the dishwasher?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Back home now still laughing at all the responses.

While it definitely could have been washed and eaten I just don’t like Turkey that much…

Last I heard that poor bird was being tossed outside for the coons to fight over
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone there never eaten at a restaurant? Eat away. Happy Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Follow the fallen turkey with a death from above heel kick to the sternum.

It is now spatchcocked.

Recover stuffing and other materials from floor and RTB.  ( broiler )

Broil with stove door open slightly for 3 minutes

Serve with distinction award auto granted at this point.

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Five second rule.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 12:47:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Go give the poor lady a hug and tell her it's ok.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 1:11:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I can't eat stuff that hits the floor. I would be thinking about peoples dirty, sweaty, stinking feet the entire time. I did however wet mop my floors with Lysol prior to preparing our Thanksgiving meal so I have that going for me. Luckily I didn't drop anything.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top