Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/3/2020 1:00:11 AM EDT
For me it was this elusive motherfucker

Enlisted a second time when Trump was elected hoping to earn it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:03:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll ship you mine if you agree to also tae the back pain. I'll toss in a CAB as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll ship you mine if you agree to also tae the back pain. I'll toss in a CAB as well.
View Quote

You have the second award?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Would have been a Ranger Tab after I failed Ranger school in 95.

I said fuck that and went back to get my shit in 2007.

Only thing I regret was not getting a scuba and halo wings.

I think I did ok for a guy that was medically disqualified several times for military service.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Impressive. Very neat to have been in pre-911

You must have a garage full of ta50 from different eras.  

EDIT: Foreign jump wings?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:21:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Dad had a 1967 Porsche 911 that he promised me.  We got it in Germany when my dad was stationed there. It threw a rod on a cross country trip and he left it at a shop miles from home..Eventually he sold it to the shop owner for $1000  

I've owned fast cars since then but damn I loved that car.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dad had a 1967 Porsche 911 that he promised me.  We got it in Germany when my dad was stationed there. It threw a rod on a cross country trip and he left it at a shop miles from home..Eventually he sold it to the shop owner for $1000  

I've owned fast cars since then but damn I loved that car.
View Quote

Beautiful car.. those air cooled Porsches are getting expensive I would imagine?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:31:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Beautiful car.. those air cooled Porsches are getting expensive I would imagine?
View Quote

Yeah, I hadn't priced one in awhile but Im sure its out of my league
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:32:31 AM EDT
[#8]
land that my family has been on for 13 generations.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:43:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean they're not as much as  new porsche, probably around $50-70k for one right now
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]
The '69 Camaro SS my uncle bought new and sold to my dad in 1971 when he left for Vietnam, which he then sold to some kid in '73, then happened to buy back from a classic car dealer around 1995. Frame off resto, less than 40k miles, car was mint. Tuexedo Black with red hockey stick stripes, 375hp big block, M-22 4-speed, and pretty rare Endura front bumper option. Sold it to some collector in the NE for $55k about 12 years ago.

Also a Randall knife that same uncle had made for Vietnam, which he gave to my dad upon returning, and my dad gave to a cousin years ago
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:44:32 AM EDT
[#11]
A minibike. I wanted one so bad when I was a kid, like Ralphie wanted a Red Ryder BB gun.

I never got one.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Her name was Anne...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#13]
When I was a young boy my father promised when I turned 18 I would be rewarded with a beautiful virgin bride.
Along with the bride would be a dowry that would include land with fertile soil, hearty stock animals and monetary riches so that my family may never want.

Still waiting!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:55:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Anything from the Team Raffle.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When I was a young boy my father promised when I turned 18 I would be rewarded with a beautiful virgin bride.
Along with the bride would be a dowry that would include land with fertile soil, hearty stock animals and monetary riches so that my family may never want.

Still waiting!
View Quote

I’m sorry this happened to you, sweet prince
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#17]
oil painting my mom did of our yellow lab when we were both babies.

Oops, I did get it, sorry to not read, understand and follow simple directions.

Coworker had his dad’s USGI 1911 and was talking about selling it.   I said I would love to see it and have a chance to buy it,   I told them what they were going for mixmasters and that all originals were much higher.  

Months later I found out he got $250 for it because the dealer he traded it to said it had barrel pitting.  I forgot what modern pos he got in trade, I want to say a Keltec or Ruger plastic pocket gun.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I won a shortwave radio from a cereal box top once. The day after I mailed it back in, my father told us we were moving to a different duty station across the world. I always wondered who wound up with it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#20]
My grandfathers '54 Pan Head. He passed away on 2008 and a close friend of the family bought it from the estate. I couldn't afford it at the time but tried to scrape enough together to buy it, so he told me if I ever wanted it he would sell it to me for exactly what he paid no questions asked because he would love to see it stay in my family. A short time later he died unexpectedly of a heart attack and his brother in Florida got the bike. I tracked him down and told him the story and that I'd like to buy it if he'd consider selling. He told me to F off.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#21]
When my wealthy uncle died I was left his very nice bass boat. I was stationed in England at the time, so my parents told his widow to give it to someone else, without my knowledge or consent. She did. That was a pretty angry conversation when I found out some months later.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#22]
The Aurora model kit of the moon bus from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I saw it advertised in a magazine, and, being a kid I didn't understand that ads in a magazine that is several years old are probably out of date.

My mom tried to order it for me from two or three places and was told that it was out of production.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#23]
My grandpa's guns from WW2. I was supposed to get them, but one of my aunts gave them to one of my married-in uncles, because he hunted. She honestly didn't know any better. I was disappointed, but not upset.

That uncle passed away a couple years ago. The guns now belong to my little cousin, who is an awesome kid and happens to be in the Navy nuke program. So they're in good hands and I consider it a happy ending.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't say coveted, but it did piss me off...

It involved a car I was to buy, which was wrecked before I could pick it up. I obviously offered less money. Was nicely told to fuck off with my lower offer. Two weeks later he sold it for the exact price I offered. Fucking dickhead.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Not sure what happened to a lot of the firearms my father owned.

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t expecting to receive the one firearm I was promised so I was surprised when I did. I know many people don’t here anything from their parents, so just a disclaimer I am not bitter or anything, it just would have been nice to know what happened to them or have the chance to buy them, I don’t know if they were stolen by a family member or if they were sold by him. I have a list of the firearms he had and half on the list were not there.

Pre lock S&W Model 29 44 mag
M1 Garand
British Lee-Enfield No. 4 MK I
M44 Mosin Nagant

There were a bunch more, but those are the ones I wish I knew what happened to.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on the car.  I've got a 78 SC that is in driver condition.  I bought it in 2004 for $12k and it's probably worth 30ish now.  If it were one of the more special models, it'd be worth more.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#27]
the precious
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#28]
WW2 bring back P38
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Parachute pants.

Everyone but me had a pair.

My step father was a mean sum'bitch.  He said, "You wear Levis and a collared shirt, none of that hippy shit."
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A minibike. I wanted one so bad when I was a kid, like Ralphie wanted a Red Ryder BB gun.

I never got one.

https://www.expocafeperu.com/w/2020/06/vintage-mini-bike-style-frame-parts-australia-honda-bikes-for-sale-on-craigslist-kawasaki-engines.JPG
View Quote

Had a 1971 Arctic Cat Whisker in 1994. It was badass. You missed out, they were everything that did not suck when you're 13 years old.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Couple things, both rifles.

I was told I was going to someday inherit my grandfathers sporterized star-bore springfield .30-06.  It went to one of his brothers when grandpa passed in '63.  I was told it was mine when the brother passed.  I've never seen it.  I'm sure I could raise a stink, but its not worth the drama.

Dad had a 1950 give or take a year model 70 Winchester Supergrade, .270 win with a Bausch & Lomb Balvar scope that I always wanted.  When little brother and I divied things up after dad passed it worked out that he got that rifle.  I had first pick, but I had already taken a Fox 12 ga. Shotgun that was my grandfathers a couple years earlier and sent it off for some restoration.  I felt it fair that that was my pick.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Aurora model kit of the moon bus from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I saw it advertised in a magazine, and, being a kid I didn't understand that ads in a magazine that is several years old are probably out of date.

My mom tried to order it for me from two or three places and was told that it was out of production.
View Quote

Found it on Ebay, but link won't work.  

Try this cut and paste into Ebay front page search: 1969 AURORA - 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY "THE MOON BUS" 1968 SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
WW2 bring back P38
View Quote

For me, it was a WWI bring-back P-08 Luger with its holster.  I lusted over the design as soon as my grandfather showed me the pistol, but he had already willed it to my Aunt who was also getting a P38.  He wanted to keep the two handguns together as a set.  I was cool with it, and I still got some other firearms that members of this site would likely lust over (like a Colt 1903 pistol or a Model 1897 shotgun).  Still, I am afraid that a Luger will always remain that "unicorn" gun for me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Linky no worky.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Your pic is broken.  I'm assuming a CIB?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Firing pin for my Carl Gustav.  A generous arfcommer repaired it for me (I had ONE demilled firing pin), and mailed it back to me ... and then the fucking USPS lost it.  

View Quote

Can Ridgerunner make you one?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#37]
ColecoVision, during whatever Christmas season it was in high demand.

I've been very fortunate in that my wants aren't that great and thus, I've gotten most of them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Linky no worky.
View Quote

Ya, please see my post above.  There seem to be several- original, and some newer ones.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#39]
My Dad promised me his last three bottles of 1990 Château Latour Pauillac upon his death: one to keep and do with as I pleased, one to drink with my siblings, and one to bury him with.

His lying, cheating, gold-digging slut whore of a wife not only conned him (as he was become more and more affected by his dementia) into signing his substantial assets into an irrevocable trust (with her as the trustee and sole beneficiary,) she somehow 'lost' the wine, and cremated him against his religious wishes.  I'm sure she sold the wine - a bottle sells today for around $600.  This is the same cunt that stole the $10,000 diamond out of my Grandmother's wedding ring and replaced it with a $300 CZ before giving it to my sister, as Dad had wished.

The money I was cheated out of is one thing.  It was important to my Dad that I have that wine.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#40]
$150,000,000 dollars US will to be deposit in bank account of my choosing.

I gave that Nigerian prince my SS# and CC info like six years ago — any day now...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#41]
A dad that gave a shit about me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess I'm odd, I've never worried about such things. What ever extra comes my way I'm just grateful for it.

The only thing I sort of fought for was not even for myself at the time but Dad's share of some local tele-communication stock.

His greedy-ass sister tried to buy it out from under him for cheap till I told him what it was worth and what he could expect to earn from dividends on a yearly basis. Boy was she pissed, the bitch never talked to me again till the day she died. That suited me just fine, I never cared for her nor her brood anyway.

Of course the stock is mine now and has split four times since I've owned it. It's not publicly traded and nets me a very tidy dividend check every year around Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Laura Lee or Rebecca Locke
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
the precious
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A dad that gave a shit about me.
View Quote

made you into a better man later, didn't it?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#46]
i'm gonna go with:  pretty much everything.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

made you into a better man later, didn't it?
View Quote

Better than what? I didnt get the choice.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#48]
$800K

My Dad remarried after my Mom passed

Five months later he dies

New wife of 5 months lawyerd up, found a commie judge, ignored his will and ....

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Jump wings....:(
Got the CIB and sniper tab....but still only a leg.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I never got one.

https://www.expocafeperu.com/w/2020/06/vintage-mini-bike-style-frame-parts-australia-honda-bikes-for-sale-on-craigslist-kawasaki-engines.JPG
View Quote
I never got a Red Ryder and wanted one badly.  That movie really hit home with me.

I eventually bought one. I would rather have had my Dad's vintage RR, which I bet, still resides in his closet somewhere.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top