Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2022 6:18:34 AM EDT
Anyone have any Chris Morgan Bones pipes? Thought I'd try one out. It's a straight bulldog pattern. Not too bad. A little rough around the edges, but hey, that's what it's all about. Was thinking of finishing it off a bit nicer and staining, but honestly, I think I'm just going to roll with it and see how it looks down the road. Haven't had a chance to smoke it yet.
  Anyone have any? Did you mod them when you got them? Post up some pics and let's see what ya got?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have two Morgan Bones. I stained them with a light coat of mineral oil and then Halcyon Wax.
I like smaller pipes but these things smoked very hot. I ended up trading them in to smokingpipes for store credit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve got three or four, mostly nose warmers.

Decent smokers, but I never did a thing to them but shove tobacco in and smoke.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few but I only smoke one of them anymore.  I like the briar and the blast that he does on them (does he do the blast himself?  Not sure) but what I absolutely cannot stand is the stems on them.  His stems feel like two plastic tongue depressors taped together.  The only Bones I smoke is one I had a new stem remade for it by Mike at Canerodpipes.  No one else seems to complain about the chonky stems but they are so bad I have about 4 of his pipes I no longer smoke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top