Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2018 11:37:58 AM EDT
https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/breakingnews/story/2018/dec/07/east-ridge-police-officer-fired/484530/

He might get his job back and then again he might not.   No laws were broken....

Officer's story is he met her 2 months before her 18th birthday but didnt begin to date her until after she was 18.  City said it shocks the public standards and hence violates the dept policy of moral turpitude.   City fires him.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
He’s going to get his job back and if he files a civil suit, he’s going to get a fat check.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Payday, to go along with his 18y/o pussy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He’s going to get his job back and if he files a civil suit, he’s going to get a fat check.
View Quote
my thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Lacks the necessary maturity and judgement to do the job. How your little head behaves says a lot about your big head.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 5:33:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lacks the necessary maturity and judgement to do the job. How your little head behaves says a lot about your big head.
View Quote
How so?  I agree with you if this girl had been a minor (under 18) and he had an official capacity interaction with her but thats not the case.  The department investigation found NO policy violations and I am sure moral turpitude is in the policy manual too.

He is 29 not old enough to be her daddy and her mother had zero problems with it when contacted eventhough she did not have to be informed.   They were both single consenting adults when they started dating.

Personally, I think he's crazy.  18-25 year olds now are all batshit crazy.  Date her fine, but youre gonna have to deal with the fall-out later.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Based upon what? What standard are you using to decide this?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How so?  I agree with you if this girl had been a minor (under 18) and he had an official capacity interaction with her but thats not the case.  The department investigation found NO policy violations and I am sure moral turpitude is in the policy manual too.

He is 29 not old enough to be her daddy and her mother had zero problems with it when contacted eventhough she did not have to be informed.   They were both single consenting adults when they started dating.

Personally, I think he's crazy.  18-25 year olds now are all batshit crazy.  Date her fine, but youre gonna have to deal with the fall-out later.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Life experiences with guys who did stuff like that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Dig a little further.
This cat pulled the spotlight on himself when he publicly questioned shit gear they had when he was on the swat team.

Girls Mom had no issue with them two, either allegedly
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:08:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please explain.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:19:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Please explain.
View Quote
Seriously if you guys have no issues with a 29 year old cop dating a high school student, yeah 18 but still a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT then I question your judgment.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seriously if you guys have no issues with a 29 year old cop dating a high school student, yeah 18 but still a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT then I question your judgment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please explain.
Not illegal and not a violation of policy.

What issues are we supposed to have?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Playahater.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have to concur with my colleague from Texas

Hit it like she owes you money then drop her back off in the cruiser before curfew.

Going to senior prom in a cops uniform, not being able to go to a bar with your girlfriend, etc etc, THESE are the REAL issues here in this story.

His beat. His rules.

But all this crap never happened without pics so theres that
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Morally right and legally correct are two significantly different standards.  Unless the Agency has a policy that specifically forbids this behavior and the policy is legally defensible, this cat is getting his job back.  I've know many a shitbird cop that as a Union Rep, I dreaded having them walk into my office with the "Hey, you got a minute?".
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Morally right and legally correct are two significantly different standards.  Unless the Agency has a policy that specifically forbids this behavior and the policy is legally defensible, this cat is getting his job back.  I've know many a shitbird cop that as a Union Rep, I dreaded having them walk into my office with the "Hey, you got a minute?".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Morally right and legally right are two issues.  The other issue is, there are things that aren't either illegal or morally wrong but are still not smart to do.  As a 29 year old, I wouldn't have had anything in common with an 18 year old and dealing with 18 yr old drama isn't something I would have wanted to do.

But, the issue here is someone wants to impose their view of "morality" on someone with no basis for that view.  If your sense of morality comes from Christian views...well dating an 18 yr old isn't a problem.  If your sense of morality comes from the law...well dating an 18 yr old isn't a problem.

So, you end up with "well I think it's wrong" but can't tell anyone WHY you think it's wrong.  Sounds like that's what the city leadership based their firing decision on.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please explain.
You can have all the issues you want with what he did, but if there is no violation of law and the IA investigation cleared him, ain't no fucking body gonna uphold that firing.  It's highly likely he was fired knowing that, just for the optics.  "I fired that immoral son of a bitch, but that damned judge made me give him his job back."
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You can have all the issues you want with what he did, but if there is no violation of law and the IA investigation cleared him, ain't no fucking body gonna uphold that firing.  It's highly likely he was fired knowing that, just for the optics.  "I fired that immoral son of a bitch, but that damned judge made me give him his job back."
View Quote
Could be some expensive optics.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Could be some expensive optics.
View Quote
Yep, sure could.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is it the age difference or the guys job that causes you the most concern?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dig a little further.
This cat pulled the spotlight on himself when he publicly questioned shit gear they had when he was on the swat team.

Girls Mom had no issue with them two, either allegedly
View Quote
The SWAT issue and the Chief being suspended the same day this guy was fired may be coincidental or it may not be.....  kinda wonder what else is going on in that town.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please explain.
Oh, just feelz then... OK gotcha.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
What off duty, lawful sexual interactions are acceptable in your world for government employees?

Are they allowed to have gay sex? Threesomes? What about sex with a significantly older partner? What about masturbating off duty, is that ok? Can they use Tinder?

What "moral standards" are we working with here, Christianity, Islam, Catholicism, Judaism, Hinduism, Satanism, or Zoroastrianism?

The government can't just forbid its employees from partaking in completely lawful conduct in their off duty time because "reasons."
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What off duty, lawful sexual interactions are acceptable in your world for government employees?

Are they allowed to have gay sex? Threesomes? What about sex with a significantly older partner? What about masturbating off duty, is that ok? Can they use Tinder?

What "moral standards" are we working with here, Christianity, Islam, Catholicism, Judaism, Hinduism, Satanism, or Zoroastrianism?

The government can't just forbid its employees from partaking in completely lawful conduct in their off duty time because "reasons."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the issue has something to do with a dowry. He may have said hell no to a mule and 2 goats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top