Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 12:14:15 PM EDT
Just another typical Monday. I call it job security. How was your day?

Goddamn people who don't live here dump too.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
How much for the mattress?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You need a couple guys with a shotgun guarding those dumpsters...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh!  Free gas grill!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that an E36 M3 in the parking lot???
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Reason yall don't get a big enough dumpster?

Or just switch to a roll-off for not that much more per month?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh!  Free gas grill!
View Quote
Probably cleans up fine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What do you want for that sofa in the first photo?
View Quote

Tree fiddy. Customer picks up.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

We have 8.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Tree fiddy. Customer picks up.
View Quote

Will you throw in the bed bugs for free?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Be grateful they put it near the dumpster.  

I've seen quite a few low income apartments where it just gets dumped wherever.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to live in a higher end condo and the people there did the same shit. Mattresses, couches, entertainment centers, HUGE boxes not broken down. Never with the frequency shown above but still very regularly.

Being wealthy meant they were too good to put it IN the bin, they would instead just put it NEAR the bin for someone else to deal with it.

Assholes being assholes...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that an E36 M3 in the parking lot???
View Quote

In the first pic? That's an old 325i.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Be grateful they put it near the dumpster.  

I've seen quite a few low income apartments where it just gets dumped wherever.
View Quote

In this case, I'd rather the chuckleheads didn't put the couches in there. I get to pull them out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Wanna hear something funny?

The car seat in the picture is in nicer condition than the driver seat in my dialy driver.

Hilarious, right?

And no, I don't want it.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#17]
The approved ghetto solution is just to light that on fire, then keep using the rusty, lidless dumpster.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]
when its free it's worthless

eta I mean the housin', not the couch
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Probably cleans up fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh!  Free gas grill!
Probably cleans up fine.

There was a smoker behind it. I would have kept them, but they were both rusted out, with holes. Don't think they were ever cleaned. The smoker still had ash and shit in it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145185/IMG_20210118_091209-1786422.jpg
View Quote
I have noticed a time or two the strange phenomenon of unwanted items falling out of the back of my truck while innocently crusing the back alley of random apartment complexes.

No idea what causes this to happen, but I look at it as a donation to the less fortunate.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#21]
You should have more pickups scheduled
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's just over the weekend. I work M-F 9-6. And the compactor is emptied twice a week.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shoot an offer. Bed bugs, cum, and Cheeto crumbs are gonna run you extra.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#25]
LOL community dumpsters bring out the worst in people.

When i use to live in the hood there was one corner where everyone dumped old furniture.  There were always old couches and mattresses piled up on that random corner.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#26]
All those mattresses. That place must be a war zone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#27]
What's the address? I've got some shit I need to get rid of.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I occasionally perform service work at an apartment complex and coincidentally the dumpsters always look like that.  95% of the renters are of a certain ethnicity (take a wild ass guess)
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Needs mohr armed patrol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have noticed a time or two the strange phenomenon of unwanted items falling out of the back of my truck while innocently crusing the back alley of random apartment complexes.

No idea what causes this to happen, but I look at it as a donation to the less fortunate.
View Quote

Jeez, must be a rare earth phenomenon, as I too have noticed the same thing
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

It won't make a difference.  I swear some of the people in the area would take it as a challenge.  We had trash scheduled for two pick-ups a week and the dumpster was always getting filled.  We decided we needed 3 pick-ups and it kept filling up.  I hung a trail camera over the dumpster and caught people from all over the area using it instead of their own garbage cans.   We would have couches, mattresses, dressers, old console TVs, rear projection TVs, grills you name it, all just tossed out around the dumpster.  With the amount of people living in our building, two pick-ups per week should have been more than enough.  

I started going through the bags on top and wound up returning more than a few to the assholes who used our box.  A single bag of trash wasn't a real big problem.  It's when people would do "spring cleaning" and fill the damn thing up within hours of it being dumped that was the problem.   Or when they would just pull up and toss it on the ground, sometimes not even within 10 feet of the dumpster.   What I learned is that the police will not pursue illegal dumping charges even if you have a video of the person doing it, complete with clear footage of the car and license plate.  

Low-income multifamily properties are always an adventure.  It seemed like 99% of our problems were not with the actual tenants.  It was pretty much always neighborhood people.  

The building was built with outlets on the wall outside of each apartment.  The local street crowd started just walking up and charging their phones while they sat their drinking liquor or smoking blunts.  OF course they never took their trash with them.  I could pull 50+ beer bottles out of the bushes every Monday morning.  

OP, I feel your pain.  It's always something.

Added:  The worst of all of the stuff was the king sized beds that were dumped when it was raining.  I can't tell you how many times I wanted to just strangle a motherfucker when I'd arrive to see a soaking wet mattress tossed on the ground.  Not only are they the nastiest things you will ever touch, they weigh about an absolute ton.  And there is no really good way to get them into the dumpster without getting all of that disgusting shit all over you.  I have gone home and thrown clothes away after dealing with that on a few occasions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I remember being 20, and broke, and living in a shithole.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Always buy used, let someone else take the depreciation
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We have 8.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have 8.

and no matter how big or how many you have they will fill them to over capacity.

I've lived in the hood and had a few friends that lived in Hood Apartment complexes (we call them hatcheries).

Also, the wife and I manage a self service car wash in a small rural town near ours.
We have (5) 55 gallon drum trash cans and one big dumpster.
Every time we go, all cans are overflowing. I often have to put them on a dolly to get them back to the dumpster and have a hard time lifting them.

If we cut back on cans or remove them, they leave the bays full of trash. We frequently get folks who come late at night and fill up the whole dumpster.

Once I came in and two whole ass deer legs where sticking up outta the can.
Another times, we swear by the weight and smell there was a child or half a person in the can.
I never knew how lazy and trashy folks were till we started the carwash gig...  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#35]
How do you still get paid with no one paying rent anymore?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks like a temperpedic
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I hung a trail camera over the dumpster and caught people from all over the area using it instead of their own garbage cans.

View Quote

Here the county has multiple free collection sites that take household garbage, recycling, and furniture open 7 days a week with decent hours as well. If you come in with a box truck or large trailer, I do believe you need to pay something but I am not 100% sure. Hazardous waste, appliances, and other items prohibited in regular garbage are accepted with more limited hours at fewer locations but are still relatively easy to get rid of.

Not sure how common this is elsewhere, but even with plenty of options to get rid of trash, some people are lazy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Here the county has multiple free collection sites that take household garbage, recycling, and furniture open 7 days a week with decent hours as well. If you come in with a box truck or large trailer, I do believe you need to pay something but I am not 100% sure. Hazardous waste, appliances, and other items prohibited in regular garbage are accepted with more limited hours at fewer locations but are still relatively easy to get rid of.

Not sure how common this is elsewhere, but even with plenty of options to get rid of trash, some people are lazy.
View Quote

There are plenty of them around here.  A simple call to the city will have a trash truck sent to your house where they will haul off bulky items if you place them at the curb.  There is no real reason for people to dump their trash at an apartment complex other than they are just assholes with an entitlement mentality.   They know someone will clean up their mess, so they don't care.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It won't make a difference.  I swear some of the people in the area would take it as a challenge.  We had trash scheduled for two pick-ups a week and the dumpster was always getting filled.  We decided we needed 3 pick-ups and it kept filling up.  I hung a trail camera over the dumpster and caught people from all over the area using it instead of their own garbage cans.   We would have couches, mattresses, dressers, old console TVs, rear projection TVs, grills you name it, all just tossed out around the dumpster.  With the amount of people living in our building, two pick-ups per week should have been more than enough.  

I started going through the bags on top and wound up returning more than a few to the assholes who used our box.  A single bag of trash wasn't a real big problem.  It's when people would do "spring cleaning" and fill the damn thing up within hours of it being dumped that was the problem.   Or when they would just pull up and toss it on the ground, sometimes not even within 10 feet of the dumpster.   What I learned is that the police will not pursue illegal dumping charges even if you have a video of the person doing it, complete with clear footage of the car and license plate.  

Low-income multifamily properties are always an adventure.  It seemed like 99% of our problems were not with the actual tenants.  It was pretty much always neighborhood people.  

The building was built with outlets on the wall outside of each apartment.  The local street crowd started just walking up and charging their phones while they sat their drinking liquor or smoking blunts.  OF course they never took their trash with them.  I could pull 50+ beer bottles out of the bushes every Monday morning.  

OP, I feel your pain.  It's always something.

Added:  The worst of all of the stuff was the king sized beds that were dumped when it was raining.  I can't tell you how many times I wanted to just strangle a motherfucker when I'd arrive to see a soaking wet mattress tossed on the ground.  Not only are they the nastiest things you will ever touch, they weigh about an absolute ton.  And there is no really good way to get them into the dumpster without getting all of that disgusting shit all over you.  I have gone home and thrown clothes away after dealing with that on a few occasions.
View Quote

Have you guys considered putting up gated access or some sort of "private property, tenants only" kind of sign? I don't know if it'd help, but it sounds like there's an ingress problem.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

There’s a low income apartment complex right next to my work.  They have dumpsters twice that size and a lot of them and it still looks just like OP’s photos after a weekend.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#41]
If it fits, it ships.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Compactor getting taken right now. It will have to be emptied again Friday.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Here they’ve been installing metal doors in all the section 8 housing because if they’re wood they end up replacing them all the time.  I’m talking like bedroom doors inside the apartment.

And we just keep paying for it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145185/IMG_20210118_091209-1786422.jpg

Good lord. We’re you raised by wol... oh, I see. Carry on then.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Hmmm...

Funny story about this particular dumpster. A couple of weeks ago, someone put a different bed frame in here. It was raining, my hands slipped, and I dropped the headboard on my head, bouncing my chin off the dumpster. Next thing I know, I'm on the ground, drooling blood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top