Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2019 12:46:30 AM EDT
I am trying to find an "Irish Spring" scent shaving soap. Will mixing (melting) some VDH unscented shaving soap with slivers of irish spring deodorant soap be a good pair? Also, what would be a good aftershave pairing?
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 1:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a similar thought a while ago and did some searching, this link  had enough information on the subject to satisfy my curiosity.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 2:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,

I may try it with a 2 VDH/1 IS ratio. Was thinking of ordering some RazoRock Irish Countryside AF to pair it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 3:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one that I ordered from somewhere, I cannot for the life of me remember the place. Even has menthol in it for a refreshing kick.

Great, now I'll be up all night trying to find the website. Someone from he posted it a long time ago.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok just a bit of an update. Went ahead and mixed both VDH unscented and Irish Spring deodorant soap. It was a bit interesting and surprising. It had a good scent, lathered perfect and the shave was great. The only downside is the dryness afterwords. Had to use nivea balm. Overall, it was an interesting experiment.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top