Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Link doesn't work for me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Why do I have to sign in?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Just watched "Missing 411: The Hunted" documentary on Prime. It was pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just watched "Missing 411: The Hunted" documentary on Prime. It was pretty good.
View Quote

Cool. Been waiting for it to show up on prime
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I liked it much better than the first one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Me too! The ending was cool.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 2:03:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I liked it much better than the first one.
View Quote

For sure.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#9]
There are also some missing 411 videos on YouTube.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]
ost
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Watched this today on Prime. I thought it was pretty good. I like how he looks at similar patterns for those missing to provoke thought. Even though he never comes out and offers a solution, it's pretty implied what he thinks is the reason people go missing.

The scene at the camp in the Sonoran forest with the recorded vocalizing is pretty creepy. Definitely an I'm out moment.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#12]
David Paulides posted this to his YouTube account (Canam Missing Project) just 8 days ago. Looks like he wants to film a sequel in someNationalParks and he's getting stonewalled by the US Park Service, who cited Covid as the reason to shut him down.

First Amendment & The National Park Service. We discuss two cases of missing children & mammals.

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:44:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
David Paulides posted this to his YouTube account (Canam Missing Project) just 8 days ago. Looks like he wants to film a sequel in someNationalParks and he's getting stonewalled by the US Park Service, who cited Covid as the reason to shut him down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS_T_1j74dc
View Quote

They would disappear him if they could get away with it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#14]
If you have seen the movie, you should do some basic google searches of the stories covered.  For a guy who claims to be a former detective, he sure does leave out alot of very important details, which if stated, would make these much less interesting and not mysterious at all.  Basically if he used his investigative methods, nothing would ever be solved.  I was hoping the movie was far more truthful for the viewer, but when I did some basic research on the stories covered, it left no doubt that he was creating these mysteries rather than reporting them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Watched this today on Prime. I thought it was pretty good. I like how he looks at similar patterns for those missing to provoke thought. Even though he never comes out and offers a solution, it's pretty implied what he thinks is the reason people go missing.
View Quote

which is what?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

which is what?
View Quote

I thought he heavily implied that Sasquatch was disappearing people in the woods. Had he not had the final segment, I may have arrived at a different conclusions. YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I thought he heavily implied that Sasquatch was disappearing people in the woods. Had he not had the final segment, I may have arrived at a different conclusions. YMMV.
View Quote

He has never outright stated anything, but he does not rule out bigfeets (), UFOs, the Supernatural, feral humans, or anything else.

This is a smart move on his part because it allows for a wide-range of speculation and interest among numerous groups of fanatics.

I'm not saying he is lying, but from a business perspective, this is a good move.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 4:12:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He has never outright stated anything, but he does not rule out bigfeets (), UFOs, the Supernatural, feral humans, or anything else.

This is a smart move on his part because it allows for a wide-range of speculation and interest among numerous groups of fanatics.

I'm not saying he is lying, but from a business perspective, this is a good move.
View Quote

I believe he genuinely doesn't know whats causing these cases. If you watch his YouTube channel when he reads some emails that people send him, there are some pretty plausible theories as to how this can happen. I think David Paulides is doing God's work in discussing this phenomenon and bringing attention to it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I believe he genuinely doesn't know whats causing these cases. If you watch his YouTube channel when he reads some emails that people send him, there are some pretty plausible theories as to how this can happen. I think David Paulides is doing God's work in discussing this phenomenon and bringing attention to it.
View Quote

I don't quite see it that way. He sort of seems to be huckster of sorts, but I don't think he is dishonest or fraudulent.

I do find much of what he says interesting, and I don't doubt it's veracity.

He just gives off that slick, used car salesman vibe.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would respectfully disagree.  Paulides without a doubt leaves out very relevant information so the disappearance fits his narrative.  I’m not saying this for all of the missing cases he reviews, but a large number of them.  Please do a Google search about the cases he highlights and you will see he left out VERY important information.  And he is a former LEO, so he knows better....but keeping the mystery narrative sells, full disclosure may not.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would respectfully disagree.  Paulides without a doubt leaves out very relevant information so the disappearance fits his narrative.  I’m not saying this for all of the missing cases he reviews, but a large number of them.  Please do a Google search about the cases he highlights and you will see he left out VERY important information.  And he is a former LEO, so he knows better....but keeping the mystery narrative sells, full disclosure may not.
View Quote

I'm open to all viewpoints and theories on whats going on. Honestly there are so many cases I only remember when the name is brought up except for Jaryd Atadero. If you know of some specific cases then please share em and I'll keep an open mind.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting. Do you a have an example?
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#23]
In every case I've seen on his documentaries or in his books he interviews just about everyone involved. Including local LEO and individuals that were directly related to the case. I feel that if it were really below the mark, one or all of the parties involved would be calling him out on his sheer bullshit, but I haven't seen any of it at all. Add to that the absolute stone walling he gets from the NPS and it really makes you start to wonder.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some good reading:
https://skepticalinquirer.org/2017/07/an-investigation-of-the-missing411-conspiracy/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Missing411/comments/4gfb58/are_there_any_facts_or_evidence_that_disprove/

In-depth Amazon review of his Missing 411 book (NOT written by me):
https://www.amazon.com/review/R17M0AXEMAG3HT

Paulides did a segment on the case of a missing California deputy sheriff here:
David Paulides Presents Two Missing Person Cases from The Los Angeles Area

But Paulides left out some VERY relevant information regarding the circumstances of the deputy coming up missing, including that the deputy's own wife thought he was going to kill himself and made the statements, “Have a nice life” and “Tell Chloe I love her" right before he headed out for his hike. And why is this NOT mentioned by Paulides???

https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mysterious-stories-blog/2020/5/2/jonathan-aujay
The last thing Debra remembers Jon saying the morning of the Punchbowl run was “Have a nice life” and “Tell Chloe I love her.” The night he went missing, Debbie spoke to a private investigator to find out whether Aujay was cheating on her. But she abandoned that line of inquiry after learning it would cost her $500. Soon she began to think her husband’s good-bye seemed like that of a man planning to kill himself. In retrospect she thought Jon had been acting differently: There had been a cold, intense look in his eye the final time she saw him, and a month before, during an argument about their relationship, he had held a loaded gun to his temple as he drove the freeway. “What do you want me to do, kill myself?” he asked. Shocked, Debra burst into tears in the passenger seat.

Quoted:
In every case I've seen on his documentaries or in his books he interviews just about everyone involved. Including local LEO and individuals that were directly related to the case. I feel that if it were really below the mark, one or all of the parties involved would be calling him out on his sheer bullshit, but I haven't seen any of it at all. Add to that the absolute stone walling he gets from the NPS and it really makes you start to wonder.

In my opinion, Paulides is being disingenuous about the whole NPS missing person thing. All missing persons reports are entered into NCIC, regardless of the law enforcement agency (NPS included).  The NPS has not hidden how many people went missing in national parks. Again, the FBI compiles all of the crime statistics and NPS doesn't get to say "no thanks, we aren't going to tell you." Paulides wanted to do a blanket FOIA request for all documents related to ALL people who were reported missing in national parks, but didn't want to pay the money that it costs.  FOIA makes the information available, but the requestor is responsible for paying reasonable costs to retrieve and copy of the documents, especially when it comes to a large scale broad search, but I read that he didn't want to pay and kept sending FOIA requests.  So guess what, they denied his FOIA request.

And his LE career with the San Jose Police Department.  I bet Pauledis never mentioned this incident where a warrant was filed for his arrest (according to the local newspaper).  Sounds like a career ending event to me.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow, I read some of the remarks about Paulides's methods, and I must admit that I noticed a sense of "omissions" when listening to his interviews. I don't think he is a complete liar, but one thing I caught on to is that when asked a very direct question that is possibly discoverable, he would drift off into generalities filled with reasonable contentions. This is problematic because it leaves the listener agreeing with a number of "universal" statements while the original, difficult question is still in their mind. This is political theater at its finest.

I must admit, I will still listen to his stuff for the entertainment value, but it has lost a lot of credibility.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:01:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Without reading every response, I enjoyed it and thought it was thought provoking. Did they ever really dispel the idea that the first guy, the hunter in ny, wasn’t possibly abducted and driven away, unknown to the others in the woods?
I didn’t think he eluded to leaning towards a single explanation for the missing people, but rather highlighted different cases each with unique possibilities of what happened. If there was any common theme I thought it was that there’s an unknown unnatural force behind sinister things that happen to people who are by themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. UFO, paranormal or government, something like that, and that government knows more than they say.
The comment that the hunter in ny’s friend heard something he described like a big trap closing was intriguing.
I thought the case about the guy in the Crazies was intriguing too, my thoughts were it seemed maybe something controlled his mind and led him to do irrational things.
The woman disappearing at the overlook in Ca eluded to bigfoot being behind it, to me at least.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Some good reading:
https://skepticalinquirer.org/2017/07/an-investigation-of-the-missing411-conspiracy/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Missing411/comments/4gfb58/are_there_any_facts_or_evidence_that_disprove/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3cYKMagBvc

But Paulides left out some VERY relevant information regarding the circumstances of the deputy coming up missing, including that the deputy's own wife thought he was going to kill himself and made the statements, “Have a nice life” and “Tell Chloe I love her" right before he headed out for his hike. And why is this NOT mentioned by Paulides???

The last thing Debra remembers Jon saying the morning of the Punchbowl run was “Have a nice life” and “Tell Chloe I love her.” The night he went missing, Debbie spoke to a private investigator to find out whether Aujay was cheating on her. But she abandoned that line of inquiry after learning it would cost her $500. Soon she began to think her husband’s good-bye seemed like that of a man planning to kill himself. In retrospect she thought Jon had been acting differently: There had been a cold, intense look in his eye the final time she saw him, and a month before, during an argument about their relationship, he had held a loaded gun to his temple as he drove the freeway. “What do you want me to do, kill myself?” he asked. Shocked, Debra burst into tears in the passenger seat.

In my opinion, Paulides is being disingenuous about the whole NPS missing person thing. ALL missing persons reports are entered into NCIC, regardless of the law enforcement agency (NPS included).  The NPS has not hidden how many people went missing in national parks. Again, the FBI compiles all of the crime statistics and NPS doesn't get to say "no thanks, we aren't going to tell you." Paulides wanted to do a blanket FOIA request for all documents related to ALL people who were reported missing in national parks, but didn't want to pay the money that it costs.  FOIA makes the information available, but the requestor is responsible for paying reasonable costs to retrieve and copy of the documents, especially when it comes to a large scale broad search, but I read that he didn't want to pay and kept sending FOIA requests.  So guess what, they denied his FOIA request.

And his LE career with the San Jose Police Department.  Sounds like a career ending event.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Capture_JPG-1751753.JPG
View Quote

So the first link I read the author seems like hes trying to say that since DP doesn't provide an explanation or reason this is happening then that's cause for him being discredited.  Also, the FOIA requests that DP has sent to the NPs have been either ignored,  granted then denied or they come back at him with a request for an obscene amount of money. He was also jerked around for a request to film parts of his next movie in a couple NPs . He reserved dates for filming months ahead of time then was denied right before it was time to film.

I also believe there are people out there that are actively involved in trying to discredit him because of what he's bringing attention to. Such as the negative reviews for his books on Amazon.

I also wanted to ask you if you've read any of his books by chance?

As for the fishing for autographs, maybe he is a hard core Lionel Richey fan? We've all done stupid shit sometimes lol.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:48:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Watched it tonight, this was what the first movie should have been.  I am extremely shocked that they brought up cloaking.  There are quite a few people that have observed that effect.  Thermal is the single best countermeasure to that for us layfolk.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So the first link I read the author seems like hes trying to say that since DP doesn't provide an explanation or reason this is happening then that's cause for him being discredited.  Also, the FOIA requests that DP has sent to the NPs have been either ignored,  granted then denied or they come back at him with a request for an obscene amount of money. He was also jerked around for a request to film parts of his next movie in a couple NPs . He reserved dates for filming months ahead of time then was denied right before it was time to film.

I also believe there are people out there that are actively involved in trying to discredit him because of what he's bringing attention to. Such as the negative reviews for his books on Amazon.

As for the fishing for autographs, maybe he is a hard core Lionel Richey fan? We've all done stupid shit sometimes lol.
View Quote

In the case I specifically noted, he chose to leave out extremely relevant information (the deputy's wife even thought he was going to commit suicide). Why did Paulides leave that and other information which would have shown that he likely committed suicide?  It wouldn't help his 411 mystery narrative would it?  And yes, I have read some of his books, then did research on the cases.  He presents the cases like a defense attorney, rather than an unbiased investigator.  Trust me, I would love to believe some of the stuff he puts out there, but when you see time and time again that he is NOT disclosing VERY relevant information, it makes the whole mystery plausibility seem less and less likely.

And as for the FOIA requests, he is asking for volumes of information, not just a basic list.  So yes, they are going to charge him for his commercial venture.  Or should they hire a person whose sole job is to go park to park photocopying and then have an attorney review tens of thousands of documents, which he is asking for a future book/movie?  Last time I checked there are no minimum wage gov jobs.  So anyone tasked with doing this FOIA research (record pulls, photocopying, etc.) is going to cost some $$$.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
He presents the cases like a defense attorney, rather than an unbiased investigator.
View Quote

There it is. I was tying to place the kind of character he reminded me of.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some good reading:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3cYKMagBvc

In my opinion, Paulides is being disingenuous about the whole NPS missing person thing. ALL missing persons reports are entered into NCIC, regardless of the law enforcement agency (NPS included).  The NPS has not hidden how many people went missing in national parks. Again, the FBI compiles all of the crime statistics and NPS doesn't get to say "no thanks, we aren't going to tell you." Paulides wanted to do a blanket FOIA request for all documents related to ALL people who were reported missing in national parks, but didn't want to pay the money that it costs.  FOIA makes the information available, but the requestor is responsible for paying reasonable costs to retrieve and copy of the documents, especially when it comes to a large scale broad search, but I read that he didn't want to pay and kept sending FOIA requests.  So guess what, they denied his FOIA request.

And his LE career with the San Jose Police Department.  Sounds like a career ending event.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Capture_JPG-1751753.JPG

Speaking solely to FOIA requests, as someone who has to respond to them for my municipality;

They are usually a giant pain in the ass, and sent by individuals that have no concept of the work involved in answering.

For example: A simple intergovernmental transaction that occurred over a two-year period was being investigated by an "activist" type. They asked for copies of any documents pertaining to the issue. My "document access fee" is $20, plus $15/hr, and $.25/copy.

The $20 covers my initial review of the request, and determining the number of pages involved. In this case it was about ~300 pages, and would take about 7 hours to do everything.

Total Cost: $200.00

The guy lost his shit, ranting and raving. I finally had enough, e-mailed him the cost estimate in writing, and hung-up.

I can't imagine the cost and man-hours necessary to provide all related paperwork to just one missing-persons case, let alone multiples across the US.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Bigfoot reported that he actually saw Paulides up in the high Rockies, but nobody believed him.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Bigfoot reported that he actually saw Paulides up in the high Rockies, but nobody believed him.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top