Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2021 7:02:50 PM EDT
What do you have & how do you like it? What would you do different now that you know more? Did you buy the adapter to use your older lenses?

Brand & model camera?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nikon Z6, came with the adapter.  Fantastic camera, meets and exceeds all my needs.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Sony A7RIV.

Vello adapter.

I set the time on my first pro level full frame camera, more to come.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Sony A7RIV  Bought for stills but works very well on video
Sony A7S  Bought for video only

I have an adapter to use my plethora of Nikon lens but my Sony G 24-105mm f4 is better than I expected.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Lumix G7.  Bought primarily for 4K video.  Love the size and weight of it and lenses.

And yes, bought an adapter to use my collection of ancient glass from the Film Days.  rarely use them though.  When I do it's mostly to use my Minolta 50mm lens for closeups or landscapes.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Sony a7II and Sony A7III.  Sony 70-200 GM on the 7II  and the 200-400 GM.  Occasionally I will run a 18-200 powerzoom lens.  They have been absolutely fantastic.  I have a couple adapters to run A mount lenses.  But mainly run the above.

Mainly Photo.  Some video.

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Speaking of mirrorless cameras..

Here is a picture from a video camera that doubles as a mirrorless camera.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Update: just playing around with the A7rIV with Vello adapter... and it’s already incredible just playing around. LOVE the EVF live view.

So many more details and things to set up compared to my 9 year old consumer crop sensor Nikon DSLR. And in APS-C mode it’s *still* higher res than the Nikon. (27mp vs. 24)
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sony A7RIV.

Vello adapter.

View Quote

My pop just got one for birding.  He shoots picks of eagles and waterfowl and wanted the speed and full frame.  

I haven't seen any pics yet but his older DSLR PICS were pretty legit.

ETA

A7iii, I don't know the differences. I shoot ARs not cameras.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My pop just got one for birding.  He shoots picks of eagles and waterfowl and wanted the speed and full frame.  

ETA

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sony A7RIV.

Vello adapter.

ETA

*Shrug* I shoot both.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

*Shrug* I shoot both.
View Quote

I ride MTBs and run. My sammich maker gets fed up with me gone too much. Attachment Attached File

Got this lousy text quality pic a bit ago.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:00:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Canon EOS RP. Only the most basic 24-105 f4-7.1 kit lens so far. I'm planning some lens upgrades soon though. And I hope to be able to buy an R6 soon also.

It takes way better pictures than my older EOS 60D.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:30:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a DX/APS-C Sony A6600 which has the 5-axis IBIS image stablization, which for me is not all that useful. I have Sony 10-18, 18-200, & 70-350 lenses that I use to shoot photos of HS theater plays and concerts. I bought the Sony because at the time, it had a totally silent electronic shutter and the  the current crop of mirrorless cameras didn't have the zoom lense assortment that I need. I find that my Nikon D500 DSLR is better than my A6600 when silence is not a requirement.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lumix G7.  Bought primarily for 4K video.  Love the size and weight of it and lenses.

And yes, bought an adapter to use my collection of ancient glass from the Film Days.  rarely use them though.  When I do it's mostly to use my Minolta 50mm lens for closeups or landscapes.
View Quote

Another Lumix user here.  I have a G9.  I moved from Olympus to Lumix last year.  All are micro 4/3.  I have adapters for all my old Minolta glass but that is a novelty and I rarely use them.  

Micro 4/3 is great for low bulk wildlife photography because of the 2x focal length conversion which makes my 300mm an effective 600mm lens in a tiny package.

The major downside of micro 4/3 is the sensor is small so they are not great in low light situations and the pixel count isn't as high as larger sensors.  The latter isn't a huge problem if you compose your shots correctly so you don't crop too much.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Canon M5 with 22 mm wide/macro lens.
Plus adaptor so that my suite of EF lenses also can be used. (Mostly that's the 24-105 L zoom)

If I had it to do over, I would have gotten the Canon R series body.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#16]
@macman37

Do you notice much lag when using the vello adapter?

I have a couple Sony LA-EA3 and LA-EA4 adapters to go from A to E/EF lenses.  They work ok but tend to lag/hunt a little at times.  

So I just go native.  Keep the A lenses with the a77ii and the a200,  and the E and EF mounts with the a7ii, a7iii and the VG30 cameras.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife is a wedding photographer and she just rented/leased (or whatever) for evaluation before buying one. She got the R6.

She says she recommends a Cannon adapter over an aftermarket so your EF lens will work.

It has eye-tracking focus which she finds annoying so she turned it off.

Send me an IM and I'll send you her contact info if you want. So far she is really impressedwith it.

(I know little or nothing about cameras)

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@macman37

I have a couple Sony LA-EA3 and LA-EA4 adapters to go from A to E/EF lenses.  They work ok but tend to lag/hunt a little at times.  

So I just go native.  Keep the A lenses with the a77ii and the a200,  and the E and EF mounts with the a7ii, a7iii and the VG30 cameras.
View Quote

I have only tried two lenses with it - a beautiful but crop sensor Sigma and a Nikon F Mount 50mm. It took a couple mount/remounts with the Vello adapter to get autofocus to work but now that it works I notice the 50mm Nikon is hunting but the Sigma locks on quickly.

When I can, I plan to get a native E mount Sigma 24-70 which will pretty much be my main lens from there on out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have only tried two lenses with it - a beautiful but crop sensor Sigma and a Nikon F Mount 50mm. It took a couple mount/remounts with the Vello adapter to get autofocus to work but now that it works I notice the 50mm Nikon is hunting but the Sigma locks on quickly.

When I can, I plan to get a native E mount Sigma 24-70 which will pretty much be my main lens from there on out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@macman37

Let us know what you find.  I am curious to see if it works for you.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183526/20200124_215319_jpg-1865248.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@macman37

**drool**
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus, someone spent some coin on lenses!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife bought me the 100-400 for my B-day!  She stopped in the camera shop that I bought my stuff from regularly and talked with the store employee that I used to go in and bullshit with and asked him what I was talking with him about buying recently.  He told her I had been eyeballing that lens.  She bought it!  

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:59:31 AM EDT
[#23]
I use an Olympus OM-D E-M5 MkIII.

I had the MkII and the OG before it, having switched from a Canon T2i and a 7D. I LOVE the compact size of the E-M5, and the image quality is awesome. The MkIII probably isn't all that much better than the MkII when it comes to stills, but added the better sensor of the E-M1 MkII (and III) that has both phase-detection and contrast-detection AF. The video functionality is pretty good, too, but not quite where I'd want it to be. Hopefully the MkIV, whenever it comes along, will be near perfect... though the gap between the II and III was 5 years.

Anyway, there are some very compact primes that are just outstanding performers. I've got the 12mm f/2.0, 17mm f/1.8 and the Panasonic 25mm f/1.7. The first two are tiny and the 25mm isn't that much bigger. For just walking about, the compact telescoping 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 is damn good. For more serious work, the 12-40mm f/2.8 is a great all-around quality lens. I picked up a lightly used 12-100mm f/4 last year to have a little more outdoors reach and it's stupid good.

I love the platform and I'm going to stick with it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:46:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I have come to love Fuji for stills. We roll all Blackmagic gear for films.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What do you have & how do you like it? What would you do different now that you know more? Did you buy the adapter to use your older lenses?

Brand & model camera?

Thanks!
View Quote

Fuji xa2 - brown finish so it’s reminiscent of the older film cameras.

I also bought a macro lens for it

I haven’t shot in a while but it’s got great color and bokeh, and the battery lasts a long time (I still have a spare anyway though).

Also, another neat feature - the camera can create an open WiFi hotspot for photo sharing. So, I can transfer selected images directly to my phone or tablet
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Clearly there's brands listed other than my preference: Nikon.

What made you guys select the other brands, specifically out of the two Big Boys, Canon & Nikon? Was it price? Features? Something else?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What made you guys select the other brands, specifically out of the two Big Boys, Canon & Nikon? Was it price? Features? Something else?
View Quote

I'd say Sony is leading the pack right now, as far as mirrorless technology is concerned, with Canon running second.  Nikon is bringing up the rear.  But that's the way it goes.  Companies leapfrogging each other from year to year.  Nikon claims to be cooking up some good stuff in the mirrorless world, for the near future (sometime this year).  We'll see.

Maybe 12 or 14 years ago, Canon was the undisputed king of low noise in the camera world, and Nikon wasn't even a close second.  All the Nikon users were complaining, and many even jumped ship.  I know someone who sold off two pro bodies, and several pro lenses (I bought his 70-200) to move over to Canon.  Then, a few months later, the Nikon D3/D700 came out. So he sold off all his Canon gear, and bought back into Nikon, largely because he liked the Nikon ergonomics better.  Kind of crazy, but he could afford it.

I'll likely move over to mirrorless at some point, but as of right now, I don't think I'm missing out on any pictures because I'm using an "outdated D850".  I like the Nikon ergonomics, and can wait a few months, or even years, to make the switch. If you need mirrorless today, there are  better more advanced cameras,  then what is available from Nikon, at this point in time.  But if you don't need it today, and like Nikon, patience may be a virtue.  

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I dipped into mirrorless waters, Canon & Nikon weren't players or they had small sensor systems (Nikon 1, etc...)  (edit to clarify - I also never considered any mirrorless without viewfinders, this eliminated some of Canon's first M bodies as well.  So, IMO and for my purposes, YMMV.)

After handling and trying various systems I landed in Fuji land for mirrorless, due to control features and being just large enough I can use some of their cameras.  Some of Fuji's and almost all of the other brands bodies and/ or controls were too small for my hands and fingers.

That said, if I have to depart Fuji for some reason, it would likely be to Nikon.  For me and my hands, the Nikon Z ergos are better.  Even better than my X-H1.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'll likely move over to mirrorless at some point, but as of right now, I don't think I'm missing out on any pictures because I'm using an "outdated D850".  I like the Nikon ergonomics, and can wait a few months, or even years, to make the switch. If you need mirrorless today, there are  better more advanced cameras,  then what is available from Nikon, at this point in time.  But if you don't need it today, and like Nikon, patience may be a virtue.  
View Quote

Yeah, I'm in absolutely no hurry at all to make the switch. I'm just gathering intel at this point, since my starting point is basically zero.

My current camera is a D600, which is easily better than I am, or probably ever will be. But a man's grasp should exceed his reach or however that goes.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I will say I expected my shutter button half-press to have a more positive “stop” like my Nikons. It’s... mushy?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I will say I expected my shutter button half-press to have a more positive “stop” like my Nikons. It’s... mushy?
View Quote

Yep.  Comparing all 4 of my Sonys they are more of a progressive feeling rather than the positive two stage feel from my Nikon.  

I have never honestly found it to be an issue.  

I wouldn't call it mushy,  More of a linear resistance.

ETA: Just checked my Sony NEX VG30 and my Sony AX33,  The photo buttons on those are the same as the 4 Sony still cams.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep.  Comparing all 4 of my Sonys they are more of a progressive feeling rather than the positive two stage feel from my Nikon.  

ETA: Just checked my Sony NEX VG30 and my Sony AX33,  The photo buttons on those are the same as the 4 Sony still cams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll train myself then - thanks for the reply - I agree with the “linear resistance” descriptor... I just need to get used to it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I’ll train myself then - thanks for the reply - I agree with the “linear resistance” descriptor... I just need to get used to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Update... talked with some of the photographers about the mushy half press... it’s a characteristic of all professional cameras including Canons. I feel better.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like the Canon lens ecosystem. Their new RF lenses are really good and have some nice new features with the control ring on the lens that earlier lenses don't support.

Nikon is probably dead last in their mirrorless line up and it remains to be seen if they can catch up at all. And their autofocus system seems to be last behind all the others also these days. They are probably #4 or #5 in line after Canon, Sony, Panasonic and Fuji even. Canon and Sony are battling it out for first place.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Canon is the line I was already wedded to.
Part of the reason was because when using film cameras furnished my by the Army, I found the Canon to be similar enough to using the Minolta cameras I was used to, while the Nikons were not.
And here I am.
Both Canon and Nikon make excellent professional grade equipment. I have no hesitation recommending either.
Maimaya and Hasselblad do too, but also don't suit my hands.
Go with what feels good to you.
If I had a dollar for every string of curse words I've used at the Hasselblad rig issued to me (backwards on almost every adjustment) I'd be floating on a yacht in the Caribbean.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Part of the reason was because when using film cameras furnished my by the Army, I found the Canon to be similar enough to using the Minolta cameras I was used to, while the Nikons were not.
And here I am.
Both Canon and Nikon make excellent professional grade equipment. I have no hesitation recommending either.
If I had a dollar for every string of curse words I've used at the Hasselblad rig issued to me (backwards on almost every adjustment) I'd be floating on a yacht in the Caribbean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And here I am.

Minolta is Sony.  

Sony acquired them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nikon is probably dead last in their mirrorless line up and it remains to be seen if they can catch up at all. And their autofocus system seems to be last behind all the others also these days. They are probably #4 or #5 in line after Canon, Sony, Panasonic and Fuji even. Canon and Sony are battling it out for first place.
View Quote

I went to the B&H web site & did the comparison thing between closely priced Nikon & Canon cameras. Holy shit, Nikon isn't even close! Canon kicks their ass on processor size, pixels & so forth. I mean it's just embarrassing for Nikon, it's that bad, IMO.

Well, I won't be buying a Nikon mirrorless anytime soon, that's for sure.

Good news is, there's an adapter that allows a Canon mirrorless to use Nikon lenses (which I have a shitload of).

Last question: was it weight savings that made you jump on the mirrorless bandwagon?
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Minolta is Sony.  

Sony acquired them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And here I am.

Minolta is Sony.  

Sony acquired them.

True.
But I made the switch more than 20 years ago, and I'm not likely to switch back now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Good news is, there's an adapter that allows a Canon mirrorless to use Nikon lenses (which I have a shitload of).

Last question: was it weight savings that made you jump on the mirrorless bandwagon?
View Quote

For me I was looking for a full frame camera to do video work with. I already had a Canon 60D, so I wanted to stay in the Canon universe and I thought the EOS RP had a better feature set and was priced right for what I wanted to spend at the time. And yeah it was the smallest and lightest one in their line up at the time and would fit better on a DJI Ronin SC gimbal (which is also DJI's smallest and cheapest gimbal ). Canon is also widely regarded as having the best color science of all the photo and video cameras in the DSLR/mirrorless world. Sony may have some better video features, but their autofocus also lags behind Canon.

How much are you looking to spend? Canon has two lines of mirrorless cameras, the higher end full frame line which is their R line (R, RP, R5 and R6), and their APSC or crop framed mirrorless which is their M6, and M50-mkII. R series uses the RF lenses, and the M series uses the EF-M lenses. The RF lenses are their new professional level lenses and have a much broader selection.

If I were to jump onto the mirrorless bandwagon right now, I would recommend the Canon EOS RP (~$1,000) or the EOS R6 ($2,500). And I plan to buy an R6 once I get the money. It's only a 20MP image size, but it has some really great low light performance. I think the only other camera on the market that beats it in low light is the new Sony A7SIII which is a 12MP image size and around ~$3,500.

ETA: Also, I prefer the fully articulating screen on the Canons to the flip down or up only screens that everybody else has.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ll start with why I chose a mirrorless: I (right or wrong, no way to tell yet) wanted to buy what I am hoping is a camera I can use for the rest of my life. Future proofed if you will, providing I don’t drop it off a ladder or it gets stolen. I figured mirrorless doesn’t have the mechanism for the mirror so fewer moving parts = better MTBF.

My brand preference is Nikon as well. Thing is, they changed their flange size for the mirrorless cameras so I’m already buying an adapter to use my crop-sensor glass with. So no matter what, out of the gate I need an adapter.

So I started talking with pros and outside of Canon (their preference) they suggested looking at Sony. I started doing a ton of research ... probably six moths’ worth of YouTube videos, reading any article I could from any reputable place, and re-exploring dpreview.com like I have done since the late 90s when I got my first digital camera.

It wasn’t a decision I made easily but the good news is, adapted glass works decent to solid. I can’t wait to get a full frame native lens for it and really have fun but for now my adapted Sigma is the go-to. I haven’t had it out for a nature walk as yet - everything’s still brown - and I need to “remap” my memory for what dial controls what function but overall I’m very happy with the purchase.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How much are you looking to spend? Canon has two lines of mirrorless cameras, the higher end full frame line which is their R line (R, RP, R5 and R6), and their APSC or crop framed mirrorless which is their M6, and M50-mkII. R series uses the RF lenses, and the M series uses the EF-M lenses. The RF lenses are their new professional level lenses and have a much broader selection.
View Quote

I was looking at the Canon EOS R as I have some super, really nice lenses. I need to stay at, or under $2k for the body.

Thankfully, I'm in no hurry what so ever for one as my Nikon D600 is doing me quite nicely for what I do, which is nothing buy a hobby. I do stills only, no video, FWIW.

Thank you for the info as I know very little about Canon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I’ll start with why I chose a mirrorless: I (right or wrong, no way to tell yet) wanted to buy what I am hoping is a camera I can use for the rest of my life. Future proofed if you will, providing I don’t drop it off a ladder or it gets stolen. I figured mirrorless doesn’t have the mechanism for the mirror so fewer moving parts = better MTBF.
View Quote

Yeah, I bought my D600 with the idea it would be a camera well above my talent level (and it is) & would last me forever. I have no real complaints about it other than weight. I offset the weight issue with a chest caddy that has two straps over each shoulder, thus removing all the weight from my neck. Works well.

I wish I could glimpse into the future about 10-15 years, to see what camera technology was going to be then. I'm sure the current mirrorless style models will eventually will become the 8-tracks of yesteryear.

It's truly amazing how far camera technology has leapt since film was left behind.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I was looking at the Canon EOS R as I have some super, really nice lenses. I need to stay at, or under $2k for the body.

Thank you for the info as I know very little about Canon.
View Quote

I think you should save up a bit more and get an R6. It has several advantages over the R, which was Canon's first full frame mirrorless camera, it was was sort of their proof of concept. The R6 has in body image stabilization as well as better 4k performance for video.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#46]
BobCole: I have a Sony APS-C/DX A6600. The A6600 is a decent camera, but I find the menus are a bit complicated, and not all that intuitive, so you will needs to read the manual, which I find like most other typical manual, a bit sparse in information, and just a rehash of the on-camera help messages.

IF you don't need a new camera, I would hold off; and if you need a new one, for whatever reason, I too would recommend the Canon R5/R6. I have owned a Canon S100 compact. I find that navigating the menus is relatively easy, and is somewhat intuitive. I find the it a decent camera but mechanically not up to par with the rregulars size cameras.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

IF you don't need a new camera, I would hold off;
View Quote

Yeah, I don't need a new one. I will indeed wait for a while to allow the R&D to continue. Maybe by next Christmas there'll be some better things at better prices?

I really wish Nikon would catch up to the others in their mirrorless models. They seem to do so dell in the DSLR models, I just don't get how they could fall so far behind?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I really wish Nikon would catch up to the others in their mirrorless models. They seem to do so dell in the DSLR models, I just don't get how they could fall so far behind?
View Quote

Bob, while Nikon is certainly behind the mirrorless world, you shouldn't  get the false impression that they are "bad" cameras.  The image quality is good, though they do need to catch up on things like autofocus speed, viewfinder blackout, etc.  You can go over to the Fred Miranda forums to this thread and see hundreds of real world pictures, taken with the Nikon mirrorless cameras.  

Also, Steve Perry has a new review out on the 6ii and 7ii cameras, and his opinion has turned more positive on them.  Bear in mind, he looks at them from a wildlife photographer's  point of view (flying birds, etc.).  

Nikon Z6ii and Z7ii Wildlife Photography Review

From what I read, Nikon is on the catch-up trail, and we may see some new items coming out this year. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sell you on Nikon, or any other brand.  Buy what you like (honestly).  But cameras are just like computers these days, and technology changes fast.  Top of the line today can be totally outdated tomorrow.  So don't get too hung up on specifications, but rather, the pictures the camera is capable of producing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So don't get too hung up on specifications, but rather, the pictures the camera is capable of producing.
View Quote

Well, where's the fun in that????  

Processor size is my biggest measuring stick followed by ISO range. Features I can take or leave as I don't use a whole lot of them aside from shutter speed & aperture settings.

Strangely enough, I'm trying to walk before I run with the next camera purchase. I don't want buyer's remorse or (worse yet) getting stuck with a lemon. When my local camera shop was still open, I could use those guys for teaching me. Sadly, they're now long gone.  

Or.................. I could just spend a nifty $6500 on a Hasselblad & another $20k on lenses.  

Jesus, are those things worth the scratch? It's a medium format as well, which *I* don't understand at all it having.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top