Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2020 12:43:49 PM EDT
I have a Minolta x700 35mm camera with several lenses.

Is there a digital camera body that will accept these lenses?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately, no.
* Glances over at the old camera bag full of Minolta stuff.... *
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I was afraid of.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Check the type of mount system the lenses have.

I had a Tamron lens with an "adapt-all" mount system. The camera mount could be exchanged for a different system. I ended up removing the Minolta mount and buying a Nikon mount off ebay.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Minolta MD mount lenses can fit on Canon EF mount SLRs using an adapter.
But I don't see a lot of value in doing that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Those lenses are pretty old, I would just forget about them, unless you have some type of nostalgia attached to them. Today's modern lenses are way superior to even anything made 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
If you guys have a 24MM F2.8 MD-Rokkor you'd like to get rid of I'd be interested.

My dad gave me his camera a while back (Minolta XK), which was my first camera, and if I *ever* get it back from Dave Easterwood I'd like to find a 24MM to complete my lens collection.

If I ever get it back...
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Easily adapted to most if not all mirrorless cameras.  I have adapters for Minolta and Nikon to use on Sony mirrorless.  Adapters are inexpensive ($15 - $20).
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you guys have a 24MM F2.8 MD-Rokkor you'd like to get rid of I'd be interested.

My dad gave me his camera a while back (Minolta XK), which was my first camera, and if I *ever* get it back from Dave Easterwood I'd like to find a 24MM to complete my lens collection.

If I ever get it back...
View Quote
Bought a XK last year.  Beast of a camera.  Too bad Minolta didn't design it for a removable motor drive.  That's what kept it from competing with Nikon and Canon in the pro market.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#9]
If it uses the MD mount, you CAN ABSOLUTELY USE those lenses on other cameras.

I have my dad's old Minolta MD lenses. I can slap them on my Olympus OM-D E-M5 MkIII (or on my previous MkII or the original E-M5) with an adapter. Old manual lenses work best on mirrorless cameras these days, because on mirrorless, the flange focal distance is shorter, so the adapter not only adapts the mount, it adds the required space.

So dad's lenses are a 28mm f/3.5 and a 58mm f/1.4. I don't think either is very desirable.

I've also got an old Canon FD 70-150 f/4.5 that is pretty neat. I took it out once on my original E-M5 and got some good pictures with it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bought a XK last year.  Beast of a camera.  Too bad Minolta didn't design it for a removable motor drive.  That's what kept it from competing with Nikon and Canon in the pro market.
View Quote

The XK is a beast!  That's what the XK Motor is for--if you can find one!  It was definitely too little too late though.

All of my MD lenses are a little stiff, and I think they always have been.  Using old Nikon lenses they have much less resistance and really focus pretty quickly.  Some of them are surprisingly good on newer cameras too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top