Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2021 4:52:21 PM EDT
I have a couple larger projects coming up, building a deck and finishing a couple rooms in the basement.  I'm stuck between the 21 and 30 degree framing nailers from Milwaukee.  

What say you all?

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless your local building code specifies no clipped nails(30 degree) the one with the best local nail options is the go to for the area.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
21 degree is what I bought.
I'm on the residential side and everyone uses the 21 degree nails
Makes for easy availability too
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
21 degree is what I bought.
I'm on the residential side and everyone uses the 21 degree nails
Makes for easy availability too
View Quote

Yep
No code issues, clipped or offset head can give issues, and more available

If it helps with your choice, 21° usually (always?) are plastic collated, and 30° are paper or wire collated, plastic collated throws some plastic pieces around and the others don’t

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 21 degree Hitachi (now Metabo) framing air nailer.  There's no lack of available nails for it.   I use full head plastic collated nails.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I will get the 21* as soon as I have a project to justify it. My 20 year old and still going strong Hitachi is 21*, but even if I didn't have another gun I would still buy the 21*.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top