Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2020 6:48:02 PM EDT
If there are any of you that are into meteorology I certainly do not envy you one bit . I went from physics to basically weather physics. I will admit, I was very unaware as to how in depth weather and related topics were. Also, holy shit is this boring, reading about adiabatic processes, environmental lapse rates, and such is like watching paint dry.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Meteorology is all about trying to predict a fundamentally chaotic system.

Sure, physical constants and limitations apply, but the sheer number of variables makes developing accurate models difficult.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If there are any of you that are into meteorology I certainly do not envy you one bit . I went from physics to basically weather physics. I will admit, I was very unaware as to how in depth weather and related topics were. Also, holy shit is this boring, reading about adiabatic processes, environmental lapse rates, and such is like watching paint dry.
View Quote

Stop that!  You're triggering my PTSD.  

<--- Meteorology & Oceanography degree.  In hindsight I should have switched to EE when they gave us the option.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Just dig in and Marine your way through it and kick ass like you did for your physics class.

Some field of study are not going to be in areas where things turn out like you think they should, like they did the last time, etc. and are difficult to predict, filled with uncertainty, etc.

Just roll with it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meteorologist
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top