Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2021 6:50:38 PM EDT
So next month I was planning on investing in MO because of the dividend and I’m speculating weed will eventually go mainstream and the big guys will get in on that. With the recent talks of a ban and lower nicotine put the stock on sale which I’m happy about and I’ll probably go ahead and go for it, but I was kinda curious what others thought about waiting a little longer to see what happens? Granted I know we can’t see into the future but I’m always open to other points of view.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Have been an owner for years. I don’t know enough to say it’s good to get in.  I’ve held for over a decade.  The weed angle is spot on but when is the question.   They own several thousand acres in the green triangle of California in prep for it but again that has been years. My biggest concern is the div payout ratio.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
What did you get it for that long ago, out of curiosity
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What did you get it for that long ago, out of curiosity
View Quote
My Grandmother purchased 100 shares for me at $4.60 per share in 2000.  At least that's as far back as my gains/losses cost basis shows.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
MO has been a loser for me in terms of value. I’m almost even after decades of dividends. I have a sizable amount and unwilling to take the loss now. I made the poor choice in my dividend harvesting phase.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Based on what y’all said and looking at the history I might wait and see if it goes on sale more
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Based on what y'all said and looking at the history I might wait and see if it goes on sale more
View Quote
If the ban does go into effect tobacco will take a hit as a whole.  Monitor for weed legalization bills/policies and buy in at that point. They're all positioned for it. Bits why I'm still holding MO and PM.

Another thing to look at would be the ETF - MOO. They're an agribusiness ETF which also has holdings in the fertilizer industry. When legalization does happen they're gonna be buying a fuck ton of fertilizer. And the population of the world keeps growing so agribusiness is pretty "safe" as far as investments go.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If the ban does go into effect tobacco will take a hit as a whole.  Monitor for weed legalization bills/policies and buy in at that point. They're all positioned for it. Bits why I'm still holding MO and PM.

Another thing to look at would be the ETF - MOO. They're an agribusiness ETF which also has holdings in the fertilizer industry. When legalization does happen they're gonna be buying a fuck ton of fertilizer. And the population of the world keeps growing so agribusiness is pretty "safe" as far as investments go.
View Quote

Thanks, I love etfs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top