Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2021 11:33:28 AM EDT
Good morning,

I'm looking for input on a decent non-commercial grade meat slicer. Cabela's has models listed from $150 (crap) to $850 (overkill). This slicer isn't going to be used constantly, but I know the cheapest slicers are very flexy and struggle with slicing meats cleanly.

Any options outside of what Cabela's sells? The have a mid-range model they call 'Commercial Grade', which seems (from photos) reasonably well made. I'm thinking the 10" model looks about right.

Thank you,

m
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a couple of the cheepos like the Warings and were disappointed and they were a waste of money

I got one from these guys https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ actually got this model

it has been good and easy to clean and lube

I am going to be getting one of their chamber type vacuum sealers too as the semi commercial stuff lasts a lot longer and is made to run more than the home gamer stuff

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-sl310-10-manual-gravity-feed-meat-slicer-1-4-hp/177SL310.html

Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a couple of the cheepos like the Warings and were disappointed and they were a waste of money

I got one from these guys https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ actually got this model

it has been good and easy to clean and lube

I am going to be getting one of their chamber type vacuum sealers too as the semi commercial stuff lasts a lot longer and is made to run more than the home gamer stuff

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-sl310-10-manual-gravity-feed-meat-slicer-1-4-hp/177SL310.html

https://cdnimg.webstaurantstore.com/images/products/large/34695/1843827.jpg
View Quote
Sometimes they give you a damn nice discount on your first account setup and order.  This is where I bought my beverage merchandiser glass door fridge.

I would bet there are a lot of these things on Craigz list right now because of all the restaurants the government killed with chinaflugames.

I would own a commercial grade slicer if I had somewhere to put it.  I have considered putting it on a cart and keeping it in my shed, and I just might get there some day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the 10” Cabela’s / Bass Pro model you listed.  I’ve only used it for slicing bacon and making jerky so far.  Clean up and blade removal is easy.  I’m happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. The webstarauntstore models seem to be the same as the Cabela's version, with an added blade sharpener. I'll look into these a bit more.

m
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]

I would own a commercial grade slicer if I had somewhere to put it.  I have considered putting it on a cart and keeping it in my shed, and I just might get there some day.
View Quote
hobart master race checking in, this is what i have. $500 for used hobart and cart.

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
hobart master race checking in, this is what i have. $500 for used hobart and cart.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sure, a Hobart Commercial would be nice. The issue is, it would take up waay too much counter space for my needs. Storing it in the shed sounds fine... until you realize you never use it because it's heavy, and not easy to setup and use any longer.

m
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#7]
i keep mine on a cart back out of the way.easy to use, easy to clean, is enough macine to cut anything, and will outlast me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sure, a Hobart Commercial would be nice. The issue is, it would take up waay too much counter space for my needs. Storing it in the shed sounds fine... until you realize you never use it because it's heavy, and not easy to setup and use any longer.

m
View Quote
I'd use it more than the Delta table saw out there.

Thanks for the tip on the Avantco.  I didn't know which one to pick.  My plan is to cut bbq tri-tip, smoked brisket, pastrami, and round for Italian beef.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Keep your eyes on Craigslist. I see them pretty often there. Several years back I got a Hobart 12” for like 350. Cuts bacon and jerky super easily
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#10]
See if there is a used restaurant equipment outfit near you, chances are they have some used meat slicers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top