Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 10:26:39 PM EDT
My dad and I are looking at doing beef direct to consumer at a couple local farmers markets and hopefully move into selling boxes of beef direct without the farmers market.

I don't see a good type of insurance to cover this venture to protect from lawsuits and general liability.

He and I will be the only employees.  No facilities or assets owned by the business.  Just the calves and then meat.  I appreciate any suggestions.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Search independent insurance agents in your area.  Let them know exactly what you want to do and they can shop the carriers they represent.  You'll want a Commercial General Liability package with the proper endorsements for what you want to do.

ETA: Your business may not have much in the way of assets but what about you Personally?  You will want something like an LLC to better separate you from your business.  You can get a Commercial policy with a DBA but if you start making some money you will probably want to go with an LLC.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Copy, thanks for the reply. I’ll check who’s in the area I can speak with.

I’m all set with an LLC through a lawyer that specializes in small business and the proper permits. Just couldn’t find insurance on the web.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top