BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of people are giving up their P320s due to this.

I heard Sig was going to discontinue the P320 at the LGS the other day.  That was why they made the P365 Macro.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No, it’s not “self discharging”.  It’s negligent discharges being blamed on the guns.  There are internal safeties that make their “it just went off on its own” claim impossible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKMu47uWXQ
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are you? In the 90s, glock leg was a very real thing, not including Glocks 1993 g19 recall.

Maybe you just weren't around to remember it.

I don't remember that; I wasn't into guns back then.

I'm into guns now. The P320 is self-discharging now.

If a Glock ever did that now, everyone and their dog would scream about it.

No, it’s not “self discharging”.  It’s negligent discharges being blamed on the guns.  There are internal safeties that make their “it just went off on its own” claim impossible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKMu47uWXQ

The gun goes off if the trigger is pulled. Inertia can “pull” the trigger. That’s how they fire when dropped.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If this were actually a problem you’d see it in the competitive shooting community where 320’s are extremely popular and people are burning far more rounds than LE.

It’s not an issue.
View Quote

I’ve never seen a competition shooter take off his gun belt, with the loaded gun still in the holster, and drop it on a tile floor or throw it into the bed of their truck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're not wrong, but think about what you said and how it relates to what 45-Seventy said. Comp guns are running on the edge of barely safe (according to your post, I don't agree but OK) and they're still not shooting by themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this were actually a problem you’d see it in the competitive shooting community where 320’s are extremely popular and people are burning far more rounds than LE.

It’s not an issue.

Work guns and competition guns are two completely different animals.  Competition guns are running on the edge of being barely safe enough, with more intensive cleaning, maintenance and parts replacement schedules.  Lightened slides, 2.5# triggers, and speed holsters.  Work guns need to be dead on reliable with all brands of ammo, choke down hundreds if not thousands of rounds between cleanings, and need to not go off when dropped, or jarred in a fight or a vehicle crash.  And built to the lowest common denominator, because 90% of armed professionals don’t know or care enough to deal with a finicky gun, and just need it to go bang, two times per year during their struggle to qualify with it.  There’s a reason military and police aren’t typically running raced out CZs and 1911s, but Glocks, S&W M&P series, and now upgraded Sigs.

You're not wrong, but think about what you said and how it relates to what 45-Seventy said. Comp guns are running on the edge of barely safe (according to your post, I don't agree but OK) and they're still not shooting by themselves.

Comp guns are loaded at the beginning of the stage and unloaded at the end of the stage.

Cop guns are loaded 24/7 and routinely slammed into things. Look at the right side of the grip of a police trade in Glock. The rear sights often end up shifted to the left from banging into door frames and walls
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I’ve never seen a competition shooter take off his gun belt, with the gun still in the holster, and drop it on a tile floor or throw it into the bed of their truck.
View Quote

LOL

go to a Cola Warrior run.

Zero fucks given about tossing stuff around or getting it dirty. There are plenty of different pistols being used with no NDs that I have heard of.

My 320 has 3000rnds threw it, maybe more with no problems at all.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

LOL

Zero fucks given about tossing stuff around or getting it dirty. There are plenty of different pistols being used with no NDs that I have heard of.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve never seen a competition shooter take off his gun belt, with the gun still in the holster, and drop it on a tile floor or throw it into the bed of their truck.

LOL

My 320 hasn’t had any problems either. But I know that if I drop it in a manner that causes inertia to move the trigger, it will fire.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pic of a P320 Carry in a Safariland P229R holster. Pretty easy for part of a jacket or something else to reach that trigger shoe while holstered.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419235/p320inp229_jpg-2538997.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pic of a P320 Carry in a Safariland P229R holster. Pretty easy for part of a jacket or something else to reach that trigger shoe while holstered.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419235/p320inp229_jpg-2538997.JPG

Quoted:

Any holster that is molded for WML is going to be susceptible to items getting into the trigger guard.

I still believe the holster is the issue, combined with the light trigger on the 320.....if something get's into the holster (draw string on a coat) it's not going to be hard to create an ND.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Then you should send it in to get it updated.  Mine won't do that. I've even tried to make it do that, and it won't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 320 hasn’t had any problems either. But I know that if I drop it in a manner that causes inertia to move the trigger, it will fire.

Then you should send it in to get it updated.  Mine won't do that. I've even tried to make it do that, and it won't.

Sig has not done a recall. So there’s plenty of 320s out there that will.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You seem to be conflating 2 separate issues, the drop issue was known (and replicated) and there is a fix from Sig for it.  The issue that OP is talking about is not related to the drop issue, outside of the fact that it gives "justification" to cops who have ND's and lawyers to blame the gun.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#12]
In this thread we find out who runs their 320, and who does not.

Also in this thread, we find out who owns a 320 and who does not.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You seem to be conflating 2 separate issues, the drop issue was known (and replicated) and there is a fix from Sig for it.  The issue that OP is talking about is not related to the drop issue, outside of the fact that it gives "justification" to cops who have ND's and lawyers to blame the gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way 320s fire is if the trigger moves.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yet they have identified some issue and have offered all owners the opportunity to have the issue corrected to the most current mechanism free of charge.

It's like saying my car maker identified a problem in the design of the brakes.  They offered to put new brakes on my car free of charge, but I'm just too busy.  If I drive very carefully, then I probably won't have any problem.  Fuck those guys for designing a faulty brake part and then offering to fix it for free!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet they have identified some issue and have offered all owners the opportunity to have the issue corrected to the most current mechanism free of charge.

It's like saying my car maker identified a problem in the design of the brakes.  They offered to put new brakes on my car free of charge, but I'm just too busy.  If I drive very carefully, then I probably won't have any problem.  Fuck those guys for designing a faulty brake part and then offering to fix it for free!!!

There are owners unaware of the problem.

There should be a actual recall. With Sig notifying every owner and providing a shipping box and return shipping label
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

There isn’t a problem.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There isn’t a problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There isn’t a problem.

There’s plenty of videos demonstrating the problem. Pretending it doesn’t exist is an interesting position.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was unaware of the problems that certain Glocks had such as the early 19's that would cause an AD when the slide was slingshotted, and I prefer Glocks but not the 19. Had this been with the 17, to which I do prefer, I would have been SOL if I collected the older models and came across one for sale that was never fixed.

So I wouldn't call it ignorance or the fault of Glock that I didn't due my due diligence. The same goes for Sig too, not their fault if I didn't actively try to find out either.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was unaware of the problems that certain Glocks had such as the early 19's that would cause an AD when the slide was slingshotted, and I prefer them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was unaware of the problems that certain Glocks had such as the early 19's that would cause an AD when the slide was slingshotted, and I prefer them.

And Glock should have done a recall. Not a “voluntary upgrade”
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think new Sigs and the upgraded versions are perfectly GTG.  
Old ones are probably fine too, for a range toy.
View Quote
I sent my 320 in for the voluntary recall. However, even though it's "fixed," I just don't trust it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And Glock should have done a recall. Not a “voluntary upgrade”
View Quote

Do you really believe that everyone owning one in private hands, would automatically check up on or even send back and be stubborn enough to not do it and spite their nose? That's a bit too trusting of you. I wouldn't.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Me too. The thing is, it's only a handful of issues with sig too.

Then the LAPD issues with smith's. Turned out the guys were used to staging their fingers on their previous DA/SA pistols which does not translate well to striker pistols.

Given our time frame, I'm wondering if the agencies where these few problems have been reported, recently transitioned from DA/SA.

Its only a couple years since the market was flooded with .40 cal p226 and p229 trades.
View Quote
That right there is a fucked up method of training. They really did that shit?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I sent my 320 in for the voluntary recall. However, even though it's "fixed," I just don't trust it.
View Quote

Sell it to someone who does trust it, and then buy an M&P or a Glock. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think new Sigs and the upgraded versions are perfectly GTG.  
Old ones are probably fine too, for a range toy.

It doesn’t trust you either. It’s just waiting for you to drop your guard and BANG!  It’s gonna get you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There’s plenty of videos demonstrating the problem. Pretending it doesn’t exist is an interesting position.
View Quote

Show one of a current gun just going off or drop firing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Okay my limit with sigs is owning a 365 and two 228's. I am a JMB and walther fan, so I have no real hate or love for sig. ( but cant stand glocks )

I watched the first video posted on page one about how the fcu and striker interface. I also saw the pic posted about the new and old striker block. It looks like the old was a mim part, and the new might have been stamped steel. Two questions

Has there ever been an old striker block that broke?
How likely would a dirty gun, or a gun with a bunch of brass shavings get enough junk to jam the striker block in the lifted/fire position. I know brass shavings can get deep in places it should not, and can do funny things. To include a jammed firing pin go FA on a heavily modded glock.

I do believe most of the problems where the inertia pulling the trigger on the drop tests. I also think most of the ND's are triggers getting pulled when they are not supposed to be, be it a finger , a shirt that got in there etc.

But I also firmly believe that mechanical things break/jam/malfunction and that there could be one 320 that fired it self. That does not condemn the entire gun thou.

One reason I read this thread was I dropped my 365 the other night on to a tile floor while loaded. The holster clip came off my pants when going to the rest room. I unloaded the chambered round and stuck the mag back in the gun until I came home to check everything out on the gun. I was not going to risk a round the chamber on a gun that just hit the floor hard.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Work guns and competition guns are two completely different animals.  Competition guns are running on the edge of being barely safe enough, with more intensive cleaning, maintenance and parts replacement schedules.  Lightened slides, 2.5# triggers, and speed holsters.  Work guns need to be dead on reliable with all brands of ammo, choke down hundreds if not thousands of rounds between cleanings, and need to not go off when dropped, or jarred in a fight or a vehicle crash.  And built to the lowest common denominator, because 90% of armed professionals don’t know or care enough to deal with a finicky gun, and just need it to go bang, two times per year during their struggle to qualify with it.  There’s a reason military and police aren’t typically running raced out CZs and 1911s, but Glocks, S&W M&P series, and now upgraded Sigs.
View Quote

You’re way out in left field, here.

The 320 is a Production/CO gun. The overwhelming majority of them are being run with completely stock internals. Speed holsters are expressly illegal in the Divisions a 320 is competitive in.

All of the same factors regarding reliability and safety also apply to a competitive environment but perhaps even more so as the schedule and volume of fire is more significant.

Additionally, I’ve never met a competitive shooter who meticulously cleans his/her guns. We will run thousands of rounds before anything gets cleaned. The only exception to that is that magazines will get disassembled and swabbed out if they land in the dirt.

I live in this world every day.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I heard Sig was going to discontinue the P320 at the LGS the other day.  That was why they made the P365 Macro.
View Quote

I heard that 5.56 tumbles in mid-air at a LGS last month.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The 320 is a Production/CO gun. The overwhelming majority of them are being run with completely stock internals. Speed holsters are expressly illegal in the Divisions a 320 is competitive in.

All of the same factors regarding reliability and safety also apply to a competitive environment but perhaps even more so as the schedule and volume of fire is more significant.

Additionally, I’ve never met a competitive shooter who meticulously cleans his/her guns. We will run thousands of rounds before anything gets cleaned. The only exception to that is that magazines will get disassembled and swabbed out if they land in the dirt.

View Quote

This.  It is not at all uncommon for our Shadows to go 2500 rounds or more before their monthly bath.  Open division guns excluded.  Those get cleaned overnight at a 2 day.  

Also, never tossed a loaded gun in a holster anywhere, ever.  Match gun or duty gun. Duty belt hung on a hook in locker.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Given the numbers of pistols in circulation,  the instances of these issues is too few to draw any conclusions.  

My sample size of one 2021 produced pistol has had no problems.

Ohio highway patrol's sample size of a couple thousand pistols, have reported no negative results.

The short answer is that you don't keep hearing about a lot of problems.  You keep hearing about a few problems reported multiple times from different news postings and your mind interprets these as new problems because you read it again.
View Quote

Actually...they have had a couple incidents.  Friend of mine personally worked at least one case.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Actually...they have had a couple incidents.  Friend of mine personally worked at least one case.
View Quote

Post up the findings.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

You heard something at the local gun store and you believed it?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D2B81D48-99F5-45D6-811C-53B35C0076AA-706.gif
View Quote
What he’s doing is trolling, and you fell for it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In this thread we find out who runs their 320, and who does not.

Also in this thread, we find out who owns a 320 and who does not.

View Quote

This, one thing to add:

We find out who knows what they are talking about and who does not.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D2B81D48-99F5-45D6-811C-53B35C0076AA-706.gif

It is hard to discern if someone is trolling or really that dense since people like to keep doubling down on blatant stupidity.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Post up the findings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post up the findings.

I don't have the actual report but we talked at length about it and he sent me some test videos.  It was part of a related criminal investigation so can't share a lot.  Gun was in the duty holster and went off without being removed from the holster and shot the trooper in the leg and the perp in the hand.  It was during a physical altercation.

During testing it could not be recreated so basically the results were inconclusive.  

One doesn't have to look far to find all kinds of stories from all over the country of similar things happening especially in secured duty rigs.  Calling them all a coincidence can only go so far.    

I am not a 320 hater. I love the design and some of their newer stuff is downright sexy looking.  The modularity is downright awesome and Glock misses the boat on this kind of shit all the time.  I have seen my coworker do things with his 320 X series in competitions I didn't know was possible with a handgun.  

We are policy bound to Glock 9s so that is where I mainly stay for manual of arms and muscle memory for me off duty or I would probably own a few of the higher end 320 and 365s.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't have the actual report but we talked at length about it and he sent me some test videos.  It was part of a related criminal investigation so can't share a lot.  Gun was in the duty holster and went off without being removed from the holster and shot the trooper in the leg and the perp in the hand.  It was during a physical altercation.

During testing it could not be recreated so basically the results were inconclusive.  

One doesn't have to look far to find all kinds of stories from all over the country of similar things happening especially in secured duty rigs.  Calling them all a coincidence can only go so far.    

I am not a 320 hater. I love the design and some of their newer stuff is downright sexy looking.  The modularity is downright awesome and Glock misses the boat on this kind of shit all the time.  I have seen my coworker do things with his 320 X series in competitions I didn't know was possible with a handgun.  

We are policy bound to Glock 9s so that is where I mainly stay for manual of arms and muscle memory for me off duty or I would probably own a few of the higher end 320 and 365s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post up the findings.

Crucial question: was it a designated duty holster or one like someone posted in this thread, that just happens to fit the gun but leaves a big gap for lanyards/bungee cinches to get in?

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Crucial question: was it a designated duty holster or one like someone posted in this thread, that just happens to fit the gun but leaves a big gap for lanyards/bungee cinches to get in?

View Quote

This

What equipment was involved?  Did the holster allow access to the trigger?  You stated it was during a hand/hand with a perp, could the perp have gone for the gun and got a digit in the holster?

Because if the circumstances I am not sold that gun “just went off”.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#40]
And I want to tack this on: I like Sig, and I have a P320, but it’s not like I’m a slappy. I will rage if rage is due. I’m just not seeing it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And I want to tack this on: I like Sig, and I have a P320, but it’s not like I’m a slappy. I will rage if rage is due. I’m just not seeing it.
View Quote

I stated above I have both also.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
To further clarify, does anyone with a technical understanding of the controversy know if a factory manual safety is potentially integral to the alleged issue, or is a manual safety "upstream" or "downstream" or apart from the alleged issue.
View Quote

A manual safety would most likely be attached to the frame, meaning it would lock the trigger.

A lot of the accidental discharge claims sound like the gun was dropped or struck, like the Taurus recall a few years back. A manual safety attached to the frame wouldn't prevent that. A slide mounted safety, depending on exact design, might help.

All this assumes the ADs are, in fact accidental and not well-concealed finger fucking of the gun.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#44]
https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program

^ Watch that video very, very closely.   They made some very significant changes there, above and beyond what would be needed to stop a "gun fires when dropped at a particular angle on concrete" problem.

My personal theory is this (and I ain't a genius or nothing, so my thoughts on the subject are worth what you paid for em - nothing, I'm just wild-ass guessing here).

First, the general design is such that the firing pin is under enough tension to make the gun go bang if it were released from the sear.

Second, in the pre-updated design, if I understand the guy who explains how it works in the video right, the sear itself functions as the disconnector.     Ie: you pull trigger, sear drops, releases pin, gun goes bang, and the sear gets released from the trigger under spring tension to be back in place to catch the firing pin when the slide comes back from cycling.    As you release the trigger, the 'reset' is the trigger re-engaging with the sear to ready it for the next go-bang.    At least that's how I understood his description - if that's wrong, everything that follows is suspect.

Third, in the pre-updated design, if somehow the sear engagement slips off, and the plunger thingy in the slide doesn't stop the pin from falling, the gun is going bang.

In the updated design, they (among other things):
a) Added added a disconnector
b) Added a secondary catch on the sear part that will catch the pin if it is somehow dropping without the sear being in the down position (ie: if the pin is dropping without the trigger being pulled).   Ohhh, that's a fascinating thing to add, since you just added a disconnector, and you already had (in theory) a glock-ish plunger that has to get pressed before the pin can fall.   Hrmmm.....  why did the engineers do that do you think?  Could be they were just over-engineering, which is very plausible, I would if I was them being asked to fix a "gun goes bang inappropriately" issue.   Could also be more to the story that they can not ever admit publicly for liability reasons.

So put all that info together with our demographic who have (purportedly) suffered discharges while the gun is safely in the holster - 100% of them are cops is all I've heard about anyway.    What you want to bet the following are both true:

1) Some cops don't clean their gun, like, ever.   Over time, this leads to Innerwerkings of yee olde gun getting gummy and stiff from powder fouling/residue.
2) If cop has to fire say 50 rounds a month (or a quarter or whatever) to stay qualified with their weapon, but they aren't gun-guys/gals, and maybe their department makes them pay for their own ammo, so they dutiful bang off exactly 50 rounds and not one more than required.     After round number 50, they still have X rounds in the magazine, and they carry with one in the pipe, so they maybe pop the mag, top it  up, put it back in the gun, and reholster.  IE: they do not have a locked back slide, they do not strip a fresh round from a mag, they just have the round in the pipe that was put there during the firing cycle.

So to me, it seems possible that in very very very rare instances (and these discharges are very very rare, but 1 is too many, 2 or 3 is way too many), the gun is now in a state where the sear was not 100% back to ready when the slide hit home, sear engagement is now less than spec, the innerwerkings of the gun are gummy with fouling, causing either the little thingy that presses on the plunger to be sitting proud, the trigger to not come 100% back to the at-rest position (which presses the plunger), or perhaps the plunger itself to be stuck in a state where it won't stop the pin if it slips off the sear.    Cop drops the gun in that state in their holster and gets on with their day/week/whatever.   At some point, the gun gets jostled just enough, that sub-optimal sear engagement slips, and nothing else is there to stop the gun from going bang when the pin comes forward with force.

Ok, flame away, tell me what kind of idiot i am, IDGAF.   I don't even really think I'm right, but as long as we're all going to sit around talking about this, that's what I got to contribute.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I can't understand how anyone who relies on their gun as a lifeline yet they don't train damn near daily and keep their weapon perfectly clean.

That is utter insanity.  I carry, my EDC is spotless and tested.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The problem with OP's question is if there is a 320 defect we don't the nature of the defect and whether a manual safety prevents it.

I saw one supposed expert talking about it but he was pretty vague beyond saying when enough parts are out of spec it. It can fire in a holster.

I'm pretty skeptical of gun products liability issues and when all the plaintiffs are police officers I'm pushed further into "yeah right" But reports of pistols firing in police duty holsters? And it's been caught on video? That starts to move into territory where "it was his own fault for having bad holster/clothes

View Quote

SUPPOSEDLY on video.  Nobody has seen the video.  This is in the territory of Schiff’s “I evidence of Russian collusion in this envelope”.

And surveillance video is often very low definition.  It would be VERY hard to see if any clothing or foreign object was lodged in a holster or trigger guard from a low definition video.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#47]
If you have not watched either one of these videos, do yourself a favor (for your reputations sake) and watch before making a dumb comment that shows you have no clew what you are talking about.

Quoted:

View Quote

P320 - STRIKER SAFETY DISENGAGEMENT PARAMETERS
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought USPSA Production and CO allowed aftermarket internals and triggers?  I certainly agree with you about reliability and cleaning, but I'm not convinced people in the sport care about safety.  Shadows don't have firing pin blocks and they are among the most popular production guns, and from the sound of it, plenty of people are running extended firing pins and light springs, making the guns less drop safe.  Limited and open is probably the same with customized 2011s and CZs.  A RO was killed by an AD when a competitor accidentally dropped his shadow 2 and the consensus on enos forum was... "Ehhh... A firing pin block would ruin my trigger pull.  Worth it.".
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you have not watched either one of these videos, do yourself a favor (for your reputations sake) and watch before making a dumb comment that shows you have no clew what you are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MpcFEXWhc
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MpcFEXWhc

Where's the fun in that?   But seriously, those videos both look to be the upgraded/fixed guns.  Those are not the original design.

Go back and watch that video I posted the link for, it's on sig.com so it's not hearsay, and look at the pre fixed gun design.  The guy even points out that it takes basically no force whatsoever to push the safety bar up which would depress the firing pin safety on the original design, thus leaving nothing to stop the gun from going bang if for whatever reason the pin got disengaged from the sear.  

And again, I'm not saying I'm right, or anything like that, I'm just talking redneck trash based on my observations of the Sig video.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 1:21:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

You should change your name to Dunce.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top