Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2021 12:53:07 PM EDT
We're looking for a new mattress and are considering a mattress in a box. There are so many companies doing these nowadays I'm not sure which ones to consider. Anyone use these with good results?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife bought a Zinus from Amazon for our spare bedroom. I like it as much as our tempurpedic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a Wayfair Sleep and while there was a couple of nights "learning curve" getting my body used to it it's turned out to be one of the better things I've bought.

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/wayfair-sleep-10-medium-memory-foam-mattress-w001747658.html
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Our Tuft and Needle has been great. Firmer than some of the other options I've tried out at other people's houses.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife bought a Zinus from Amazon for our spare bedroom. I like it as much as our tempurpedic.
View Quote

Really? That's a bold claim. I miss my old tempurpedic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Our Tuft and Needle has been great. Firmer than some of the other options I've tried out at other people's houses.
View Quote
Thanks for this. We prefer firmer.

Looked at casper and apparently they have multiple options which complicates things
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got a Wayfair Sleep and while there was a couple of nights "learning curve" getting my body used to it it's turned out to be one of the better things I've bought.

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/wayfair-sleep-10-medium-memory-foam-mattress-w001747658.html
View Quote

your link is broken.

I bought a Zinus for my daughter as well.  It is very comfortable.  I am going to replace my mattress with the same thing.

zinus
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a zinus about three years ago off amazon. Good mattress, no complaints. It is holding up fine, no indentation from my fat ass or anything. I like softer ones and it fits the bill.

I've slept on bad mattresses and I've slept on really good mattresses. I'm not going to pretend I could objectively rate all the good ones with a list of pros and cons, but the Zinus is good, and I've never had a mattress blow me away to make me think I was missing anything.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Ghostbed

Just got one and it's amazing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Try a locally owned store. They have the ones in a box set up for you to try. And they could use the business much more than wayfair.
We have one from Ashley, Mt. Dana I believe that came in a box. It's pretty good, but eventually going to get replaced with a Restonic and our current one will go in the spare room.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a helix sleep. My previous bed was memory foam and I like the helix so much better. I sleep a lot cooler than the memory foam I feel like.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Luxury Grand from Amazon.

This one is awesome. Remember Chinese foam is better because they use Freon to make it and that makes better foam. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00828AQ9M
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#12]
in!  

I have spent last two months looking at all of them online.  Can't decide.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]
We got a zinnus great tea for my son he loves it.

We just bought a Wink bed, wife loves it but it took a few days to get used to it as it is much firmer than our 20 yo bed. We did put a feather mattress on top of it though.

Our Aunt Just gave us a top of the line Sleep Number bed she said it was 8k. She used it for a month. It is all adjustable power everything The wife said it isn't much better than the Wink bed comfort wise.

Both are great. Wife likes to sit up and watch TV then lower back down and raise her feet to sleep so the sleep number is getting the use now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got one. I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't like the pure foam ones and ended up keeping a hybrid foam/coils one that had some bounce rather than all sink in.

Fyi- they honor their warranties but don't actually want it back, be sure you can find a legit 501 to donate it to, I found most charities didn't want used mattresses, until I found a local church that would accept it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Wife and I have had a Leesa for several years now.  It's foam because I sleep hot and the memory foam mattresses do not breathe well.

I like it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#17]
My last mattress I really liked was a Sealy Embody 10" memory foam, so I was thinking about getting Sealy Cocoon.  Anyone have the Cocoon?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#18]
When I bought my RV in 2010 it came with one of those chicken wire mattresses.

I ordered a 'Bed-in-a-box' from the company of the same name. It's been great, but after all these years it's begun to sag a bit in the middle.

I reckon I got my money's worth over 10 years of use.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a Nectar. I like it but it did take a couple nights to get used to it. It’s not hot like I was concerned it might be.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#20]
If you have a local foam supplier, they will likely have several different high density foams and some memory or latex options in different thicknesses.  We have a few in MI and their prices are reasonable.  You can build up a mattress how you like in almost any size/hickness you like.  They also have covers available and their prices are reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#21]
We bought a Ashley Chime 12 Inch Plush Hybrid Mattress - CertiPUR-US Certified Foam king size through Amazon last Oct. Really like it been sleeping much better.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I got mine from Costco, a Thomasville brand foam mattress. It's been great, way better that the traditional style Sterns and Foster I paid a grand for.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Sleep Like the Dead has lots of reviews and ratings. Bought a Zinus years ago and it has high ratings compared to pricier options. But it's Chinese so never again.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#24]
They sleep warm, just a heads up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ghostbed

View Quote

+1 on that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Wife I just got a Helix Luxe. They come in a bunch of different firmness levels. Only slept on it twice so far, but so far so good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Tuft and needle.  I have a hybrid and a mint.  They are perfect.  I have slept on 50 dollar mattresses and 5,000 dollar mattresses.  This is the best bang for the buck in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Tuft and Needle
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#29]
If you have a conventional mattress with box spring do you need to get a new frame and box spring for these foam bed in a box type mattresses?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Went through this recently and got an avacado. I am still happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#31]
My wife and I had a Tuft and Needle for 3 years. I hated that thing. It killed my shoulders and lower back. We just got a an Idle Sleep Plush mattress. Only a couple nights on it, but so far its better. It is much softer and had a 18 month trial period which is nice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I first went with the Nectar. I was hoping to love it but it hurt my back more than the POS I got rid of. I slept "on it" instead of in it. Too firm for me. Number 2 was the trick. I have the Puffy mattress. It allows me to sink into but supports my body. I love it. I never sleep good but it's about as good as I can get and it's comfortable.

ETA It slips my mind right now but there is a brand which is flip able. One side is firm, the other softer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Hot my kid some kind of bamboo mattress off Amazon and it seems ok.  It was around 200 or so.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thanks for this. We prefer firmer.

Looked at casper and apparently they have multiple options which complicates things
View Quote

I have a Casper,but slept on a Tuft and Needle at a friends,great bed!
Now i want one too.[T&N]

ETA: My Casper is too firm,according to my neighbor's daughter.
       Oh,she is 34YO,before i get dogpiled here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I got mine from Costco, a Thomasville brand foam mattress. It's been great, way better that the traditional style Sterns and Foster I paid a grand for.
View Quote
Costco has a Casper for $799 we've been looking at
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Bought my daughter one when she went to college.  She’s graduated now and it’s still in use.  Comfy and held up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Tuft and needle is appealing because I think they've been around longer than a lot of the recent pop-up brands
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought a 12” Zinus king two years ago, along with a  bed frame on Amazon, and like it. I think it was around $600 total.  I wanted a new bed and had no desire to spend toy money on an expensive mattress.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I bought one 2 years ago or so from amazon.  Don't even remember which one, but its been fine.  We do have a topper on it that is great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I have friends with the Amazon zinus and it was ok but I went tuft and needle based off the many threads here.

I’m so glad I did. It takes a few sleeps but damn if I will be going back or getting any other mattress. Do yourself a favor though and get the extra tall platform for it off Amazon. They hold the large sterilyte storage totes underneath and replicate the height of a regular bed without box spring
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#41]
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Signature-Design-by-Ashley-10-Chime-Hybrid-Mattress-Queen/342428811

I ordered this from Walmart and it showed up on my doorstep rolled up in shrink wrap and inside a long box.  I walked the box to the bedroom and put I on the bed and removed the box. Got a razor and cut the wrap and it unrolled on the bed.  I'm happy with it so far, but it does seem to skid off to the side a few inches and I just push it back every couple of weeks.  That might be because I put it on top of a box spring.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Depends on what you like for sleeping.  I was a hot sleeper and went with the Nectar.  I've had it for 2 or 3 years now and like it.  The pillows are the best I've had.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I bought a Nectar. I like it but it did take a couple nights to get used to it. It’s not hot like I was concerned it might be.
View Quote

Another vote for Nectar.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I bought a Signature Sleep mattress a couple of years ago and hate it.  I now have 5 inches of additional padding on top of it and it is just bearable to sleep on.
I bet I've spent as much on padding as I did on the mattress.
If you like a really, really, really firm mattress, this is probably for you.  Otherwise, avoid it!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Depends on what you like for sleeping.  I was a hot sleeper and went with the Nectar.  I've had it for 2 or 3 years now and like it.  The pillows are the best I've had.
View Quote
This is good feedback. I'm a hot sleeper and hands actually seen a website review saying not to get the nectar if you're a hot sleeper.

That's a contender right now. Lifetime warranty, 1 year trial period.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Leesa. My wife had spinal fusion and she loves it. We're primarily back and side sleepers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here, and we both like it a lot. Kind of fun, put it in place, cut the compression straps and run...

BTW, we bought $20K+ worth of Thomasville furniture that turned out to be manufactured in China. Jesus I was pissed. I think maybe they're returning to NC, but don't know that for sure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Signature-Design-by-Ashley-10-Chime-Hybrid-Mattress-Queen/342428811

I ordered this from Walmart and it showed up on my doorstep rolled up in shrink wrap and inside a long box.  I walked the box to the bedroom and put I on the bed and removed the box. Got a razor and cut the wrap and it unrolled on the bed.  I'm happy with it so far, but it does seem to skid off to the side a few inches and I just push it back every couple of weeks.  That might be because I put it on top of a box spring.
View Quote

You have a mattress pad underneath it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ghostbed

View Quote

i have ghost bed original for probably 3 years now and been good to me. i will say that its a little firmer then most of the others so it is better for larger people.

if looking also look for what the layers are and try to get one with a latex foam as it is more reactive and sleeps a little cooler.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Another vote for tuft and needle, best $600 I've spent (aside from guns and ammo lol)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top