Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2020 1:12:14 PM EDT
This has got to be a FAQ, but I could not find any mention of it, so here goes...

Is there any interest in adding a "mark all as read" feature on a forum by forum basis?

Or does it exist and I'm just too blind to see it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked about that around a year or so ago. *crickets*
I like the idea. If you go into one of the sub forums and nothing interests you, mark all threads as read. Then if the folder is yellow again, you know something new has been posted.

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes sir, a common sense feature. Can't imagine why it wasn't/isn't coded that way from the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, please. Drives me crazy that this feature does not exist.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Just googled how to do this on this site since I couldn't find it anywhere either... it's a common sense thing and most forum software has it built in (even all the free ones). DEFINITELY makes the site easier to use and not get stuck wasting time checking out posts you've already read and nothing new is there (like I just ended up doing on about 10 EE topics...).
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Adding another vote for the Mark Forums Read button.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top