Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2021 7:45:10 AM EDT
I’d probably say the same thing..... if I were retarded enough to have gotten caught.

WASHINGTON—Authorities arrested a Virginia man Friday night who they said drove to a U.S. Capitol security checkpoint with a gun, 500 rounds of ammunition and unauthorized credentials for the presidential inauguration.

Wesley Beeler, 31 years old, of Front Royal, Va., has been charged with illegal possession of a weapon and ammunition among other crimes, according to police reports and court documents.

Mr. Beeler, who was released on his own recognizance Saturday afternoon, told The Wall Street Journal he has been working as a contractor for a security company and had gotten lost on his way to his job.

U.S. Capitol Police checked the credential Mr. Beeler presented against its authorized access list and confirmed he didn’t have permission to enter the area, according to a police statement filed in a District of Columbia court on Saturday.

Mr. Beeler said he began a contract job on Jan. 8 for MVP Protective Services, which he said was working with event company Live Nation Entertainment Inc. to provide security services for media leading up to and through the presidential inauguration next week. Representatives for those companies didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Mr. Beeler said his employer had issued him a placard and a parking pass for inaugural events, which he showed the police along with his identification.

“It’s not like I was trying to do something bad,” Mr. Beeler said. “I was going to my job, trying to be an extra set of eyes and protect people.”

The rear windshield of the Ford pickup driven by Mr. Beeler had several gun-related decals on it, including one that said, “If they come for your guns, give ’em your bullets first,” according to the police statement filed in a District of Columbia court on Saturday.

Court records show a judge allowed Mr. Beeler to be released on his own recognizance on Saturday afternoon and ordered him to stay away from the District.

According to the police statement, U.S. Capitol Police removed a loaded 9mm Glock handgun and more than 500 rounds of ammunition from the truck. The firearm wasn’t registered in the District of Columbia, according to the statement.

Mr. Beeler said he wasn’t aware that he was carrying that much ammunition and said he is licensed in Virginia to carry a firearm.

—Sadie Gurman contributed to this article.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Guy isn't too bright. Any bets on if he'll ever see his property again?

losing 500 9mm would sting more than losing the Glock at this point imo
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

@Extorris

Accurate as fuck
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Dont know all the details on this.  Being from that area, it is completely possible to make a wrong turn and find yourself in the city.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they thought he was lying he'd be in jail
View Quote

He was in jail and released on bond.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't he have 100 rounds yesterday?

But today it's 500 rounds?

Just wait a couple of days until he has a bioweapon, a suitcase nuke, and an 800 page manifesto.

ETA: I carry 43 rounds of Ranger T with my carry gun. Hardly enough to raise an eyebrow. Add a zero though and I'll go from completely benign to OMG TERRPRIST INSURRECTION!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Being from that area, it is completely possible to make a wrong turn and find yourself in the city.
View Quote

Ditto - but you also know that you don't fucking have a loaded gun in your car if you're going anywhere near the city, and for damned sure you don't plaster your car with those kinds of stickers in DC.

Also if you're working security usually you travel to/from the job site with your employer-issued gun unloaded.  I also doubt the employer just handed out 500 rounds of ammo to every employee.

Either this does not pass the smell test, or his employer hired a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

note that the police listed his gun stickers in a statement
View Quote

Mentioning the gun stickers was the only thing that stuck out in my mind.

They need violence on the 17th/20th to enact new insurrectionist legislation and emergency gun control executive action.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Homeboy made the papers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just wait a couple of days until he has a bioweapon, a suitcase nuke, and an 800 page manifesto.

ETA: I carry 43 rounds of Ranger T with my carry gun. Hardly enough to raise an eyebrow. Add a zero though and I'll go from completely benign to OMG TERRPRIST INSURRECTION!
View Quote

They had someone from dominion count the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They had someone from dominion count the ammo.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Did I spell patsy right?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#15]
It sounds like the guy made a mistake, cooperated, and was honest.

LETS ROAST HIM!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#16]
In the DMV area it's actually pretty easy to take a wrong turn and end up somewhere you shouldn't be. A friend of mine was aggressively turned around after accidentally going down a back road to the NSA.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dont know all the details on this.  Being from that area, it is completely possible to make a wrong turn and find yourself in the city.
View Quote

...and that's on a normal day when there aren't the dozens of street closures going on for the coronation...err...you know, the thing.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#18]
This story will carry for a few days on all of the commie news channels.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I gotta remove my “I eat ass” decals ASAP. I see now where it could lead to a problem.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It sounds like the guy made a mistake, cooperated, and was honest.

LETS ROAST HIM!
View Quote

^^^This sounds like it to me.

I worked in DC for the past 22 years and all the inaugurations. The USSS runs the show but every component involved with the inauguration literally has dozens of inaugural ID's.   We used to contract out hundred of security guards for the events just with my agency alone.  Every one of them is just some 20 to 70 year old making $10 and hour and all of them are responsible to get to the job site on their own.  We would get waves of them coming up to the check points.  No one including us ever knew where they were suppose to be.  Usually they would get a text or email stating be here at this time and get your ID or placard.  The thing none of them know is you usually already have to have the ID to get into the area they are to report.  

I would bet money this guy is probably a legit armed guard in VA and was called into the city to help out with an event.  With our ongoing security contract, we have a few dozen guards working every day.  On inauguration day the company supplies 10 times that amount.  They just grab bodies from everywhere and tell them to report downtown.  

Having worked with the USCP many times I can tell you all of the young rookies are outside in the cold working these perimeter check points .  They are just out of training and dying to get an arrest.  The idea of hey this guy has valid VA paperwork and is clearly in the wrong location is not an option for them.  I am certain the rookies looking for any type of violation coupled with the fact that they are hyper vigilant now lead to this arrest.  You have some in the media saying some in the USCP conspired to let the rioters in the building so no one is going to exercise any common sense discretion at this time.  

As for the 500 rounds in the car, one case of ammo is nothing to us gun people.  I would even guess that when driving the hour and a half from Ft Royal to DC he could have stopped by one of the larger gun stores along the way to get a case. To the media though it is 500 rounds,  to them who would rever need 500 rounds of ammo?  

Unfortunately this Virginia guy will probably get hammered when all of the other gun arrests in the city that day will get probation. David
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Obviously the guy never heard of Waze, Apple Maps, Google Maps, Garmin GPS or even an atlas
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

They checked under the seats
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

note that the police listed his gun stickers in a statement
View Quote

That's one of the reasons I have zero stickers on my truck.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’d probably say the same thing..... if I were retarded enough to have gotten caught.

WASHINGTON—Authorities arrested a Virginia man Friday night who they said drove to a U.S. Capitol security checkpoint with a gun, 500 rounds of ammunition and unauthorized credentials for the presidential inauguration.

Wesley Beeler, 31 years old, of Front Royal, Va., has been charged with illegal possession of a weapon and ammunition among other crimes, according to police reports and court documents.

Mr. Beeler, who was released on his own recognizance Saturday afternoon, told The Wall Street Journal he has been working as a contractor for a security company and had gotten lost on his way to his job.

U.S. Capitol Police checked the credential Mr. Beeler presented against its authorized access list and confirmed he didn’t have permission to enter the area, according to a police statement filed in a District of Columbia court on Saturday.

Mr. Beeler said he began a contract job on Jan. 8 for MVP Protective Services, which he said was working with event company Live Nation Entertainment Inc. to provide security services for media leading up to and through the presidential inauguration next week. Representatives for those companies didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Mr. Beeler said his employer had issued him a placard and a parking pass for inaugural events, which he showed the police along with his identification.

“It’s not like I was trying to do something bad,” Mr. Beeler said. “I was going to my job, trying to be an extra set of eyes and protect people.”

The rear windshield of the Ford pickup driven by Mr. Beeler had several gun-related decals on it, including one that said, “If they come for your guns, give ’em your bullets first,” according to the police statement filed in a District of Columbia court on Saturday.

Court records show a judge allowed Mr. Beeler to be released on his own recognizance on Saturday afternoon and ordered him to stay away from the District.

According to the police statement, U.S. Capitol Police removed a loaded 9mm Glock handgun and more than 500 rounds of ammunition from the truck. The firearm wasn’t registered in the District of Columbia, according to the statement.

Mr. Beeler said he wasn’t aware that he was carrying that much ammunition and said he is licensed in Virginia to carry a firearm.

—Sadie Gurman contributed to this article.

View Quote

I thought that “attempt to engage in insurrection”was automatic too
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#25]
You would think being a gun guy in va you would be a little more in the know of dc gun laws
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe dude was going to work, got lost and ended up picking up charges for it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#27]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/beeler-arrest-inauguration-checkpoint/2021/01/16/8597db24-5834-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html

Sounds like it really was just a mistake.  That last line though, "Beeler has been ordered not to return to the city except to appear in court or meet with his lawyer," that's a thing now?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Obviously the guy never heard of Waze, Apple Maps, Google Maps, Garmin GPS or even an atlas
View Quote

A woman followed Google maps a month or so ago. It took her down a legit state highway. Luckily she only had mild hypothermia when they found her buried under several feet of snow a couple days later.

Had people visit me. Closest airport is 90 miles away. Instead of taking the interstate for a 2 hour drive, followed the cars on board nav because it took them on a route down state highways that was supposedly 10 minutes faster. By the time they reached me 6 hours later, they had $2k in vehicle damage, blew a tire, and one of them sp scared they wanted to go home.

Here are some various pictures of state highways here, where all those said apps tell people to drive down.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That last picture is pretty deceptive. It's a 12 mile state highway with an exit off the interstate where GPS tells people to go down to save 20 miles of driving. During winter the road is a groomed snowmobile trail, during all of spring, fall, and most of summer like in the picture, it's 2' of mud. There is not a month when it's advisable to take a 2wd drive car down this actually numbered highway. Yet, despite the numerous signs on said road, people follow their GPS down it.

When people fly in to visit me, I give them specific directions to get here. Yet, everyone is just "ill bring up Google maps" and then have to argue with them for several minutes on how their GPS won't take them on the right roads, and how they won't have phone service for about an hour of their 90 mile drive.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#29]
What's his username here?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

As for the 500 rounds in the car, one case of ammo is nothing to us gun people.  I would even guess that when driving the hour and a half from Ft Royal to DC he could have stopped by one of the larger gun stores along the way to get a case. To the media though it is 500 rounds,  to them who would rever need 500 rounds of ammo?  

Unfortunately this Virginia guy will probably get hammered when all of the other gun arrests in the city that day will get probation. David
View Quote

I grew up in St Louis.  I moved away after high school, but would come back from time to time to visit my parents.

One day I was at their house and the news was on.  The anchor was going on breathlessly about some guy that was pulled over and had a couple of guns and a few hundred rounds in his trunk.

I started laughing and my dad looked at me funny.  When I was able to compose myself, I told him that in the trunk of my car at that moment I had a rifle, shotgun, and pistol.  I also had several hundred rounds for each.  The office I worked in was close to the range I was a member at.  I used to go during lunch, so I always had several guns and ammo.  Not unusual at all where I lived at the time, but apparently in St Louis it was enough to give people the vapors.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#31]
500 rounds in loaded mags is a little different from one bulk box of 9mm. This reads like he had two 250 packs under the back seat or something.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

But do you have any of those incite-full gun stickers on your car?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ditto - but you also know that you don't fucking have a loaded gun in your car if you're going anywhere near the city, and for damned sure you don't plaster your car with those kinds of stickers in DC.

Also if you're working security usually you travel to/from the job site with your employer-issued gun unloaded.  I also doubt the employer just handed out 500 rounds of ammo to every employee.

Either this does not pass the smell test, or his employer hired a fucking idiot.
View Quote

The idiot wanted attention and he got it. NFG  

If this is the typical fool on our side no wonder we are getting beat in the optic war. Now the real question: Whose side is he really on?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#34]
We have a similar but smaller problem. We are off a state hwy too. The driveway is .8 mile long yet Google doesn't show the drive and people see our location in the middle of no where and no way to get there. It some cases it directs them down another road and 10 miles out into Never, Never Land.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top