Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2022 9:07:27 AM EDT
I mostly take my TRT sub q 200mg divided into 2 doses.

I missed a dose because I forgot to take it traveling with me.

I decided to do my normal dose sub q and have my wife give me a hip/butt IM injection with the dose I missed.  I've pinned my delts, thighs, belly fat, hip with usually no soreness to mild soreness.

She gave me the shot Sunday.  It hurt yesterday but by the end of the day it was substantially worse.  I don't know what happeneded but it hurts to sit down and get up.  No fun at all.

It feels like someone stabbed me in the butt with a knife.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Very strange, that is one of my go to spots. I only do that and shoulders, always IM. Usually no soreness, maybe 50% a little spot of blood. She/you know the quadrant trick? Possibly hit a nerve?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the shots weekly for 2 years (but stopped a couple years ago).

There were definitely a couple times when I was sore for a bit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been on for years, injecting four shots a week. Some of them end up being a little sore, just like sometimes you will hit a vein. Just a numbers game, you do something enough times, you are bound to have a few mistakes.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
She used an alcohol swab on the area, right?

And cleared the syringe of air bubbles?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top