Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2019 3:00:50 PM EDT
A man who kept a nine-year-old lion in his back yard was found mauled to death in eastern Czech Republic. Michal Prasek’s father found his mangled body in the lion’s cage which had been locked from the inside.

In addition to the lion, Prasek had another lioness on his property for breeding purposes, which had drawn concerns from local residents.

The animals, which were in separate pens, were shot and killed by authorities. A police officer told local media the shootings were “absolutely necessary for them to get to the man”, according to the BBC.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/czech-man-gets-mauled-to-death-by-lion-in-he-kept-in-his-backyard
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
So many details
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
much info

Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I mean, that could happen to any of us.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]
How could something like that happen?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
He shoulda put it in a sleeper hold

lions hate that
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw Hulk Hogan pin a guy like that once.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Since there’s no link to a story I’m just going to assume from the picture he tried to fuck the lion and it killed him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#8]
It just wanted a belly rub.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Gods will was done
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#10]
ok.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
much info

View Quote
Just trying to beat the dupe police... even though I did a search.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Since there’s no link to a story I’m just going to assume from the picture he tried to fuck the lion and it killed him.
View Quote
That would have been one hell of a ride, lol.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting way to become a darwin award winner
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, yeah.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Who could have ever seen that coming
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47454610

Seems like he was a true moron.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#19]
A lion that kills?

Wow. Bad lion.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#20]
True story from Hitlers Germany back in the mid 1930s.
Goring one day was being interviewed by a bunch of American reporters.  He was beeming before a seemingly adoring American audience including Charles Lindbergh, wearing a custom made cream colored civilian suit.  On his lap was his favorite lion cub.

In the middle of his interview, the apparently the lion cub was somehow startled and proceeded to pee all over Gorings cream colored suit.  The interview abruptly ended, Goring stormed out of the room changed his close and came back reeking of cologne.  The lion cub was never seen again.

True story out of a book called "Hitlerland".  A very interesting read.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
"Mr Prasek made headlines last summer after a cyclist collided with the lioness as he was taking her for a walk on a leash. After intervention by police, the incident was deemed a traffic accident."  
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#22]
He should have gotten something domesticated like a pit bull.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#23]
This story reminds me of one of my favorite Norm McDonald news segments from SNL in the '90's: "Authorities are baffled as to why a family's pet cougar attacked and mauled it's owner last week ... maybe because it's a COUGAR!"
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Kitty needed a chew toy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Sometimes, pussy eat YOU!
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Neighbors concerns : VERIFIED
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Bad kitty.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Goring one day was being interviewed by a bunch of American reporters.  He was beeming before a seemingly adoring American audience including Charles Lindbergh, wearing a custom made cream colored civilian suit.  On his lap was his favorite lion cub.

In the middle of his interview, the apparently the lion cub was somehow startled and proceeded to pee all over Gorings cream colored suit.  The interview abruptly ended, Goring stormed out of the room changed his close and came back reeking of cologne.  The lion cub was never seen again.

View Quote
Yeah he probably had it turned into soap and lampshades.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#30]
In Russia...
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Locally we had a deputy shoot and kill a lion recently after it killed some volunteer caretaker. Not exactly a good animal to make a pet...
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#32]
From the Fox story:

In addition to the lion, Prasek had another lioness on his property for breeding purposes, which had drawn concerns from local residents.

The animals, which were in separate pens, were shot and killed by authorities. A police officer told local media the shootings were "absolutely necessary for them to get to the man", according to the BBC.

Mayor Tomas Kocourek said the incident will perhaps finally help to resolve this long-term problem.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/czech-man-gets-mauled-to-death-by-lion-in-he-kept-in-his-backyard
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
From the Fox story:

The animals, which were in separate pens, were shot and killed by authorities. A police officer told local media the shootings were "absolutely necessary for them to get to the man", according to the BBC.

Mayor Tomas Kocourek said the incident will perhaps finally help to resolve this long-term problem.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Anybody can get past a dog, nobody fucks with a lion.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
From the Fox story:

View Quote
Yep. I would say the problem is solved. Permanently.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#36]
My 8 pound cat has taught me that felines cannot be trusted

One minute they'll be all snuggling up next to you and the next they are sinking their razor sharp teeth into your throat

Im pretty sure they are all schizophrenic
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So many details
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Am I in before the "that's not a real lion" and "it's all about the training" crowd?

Wait, wrong species...
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#39]
My wife knows some of the lion tamers at the sanctuary out here.  They don't mess around when it comes to safety.  My wife got to help out a little bit with one of the lions and she said it was terrifying.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#41]
People should have the right to own a lion.

People should have the common sense not to own a lion.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I mean, that could happen to any of us.
View Quote
These things happen
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My 8 pound cat has taught me that felines cannot be trusted

One minute they'll be all snuggling up next to you and the next they are sinking their razor sharp teeth into your throat

Im pretty sure they are all schizophrenic
View Quote
This man gets it...
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm gonna assume he he couldn't get it up, so the lion killed him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks just ordered :)
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#46]
If you want to feed (yourself to) the lions, go to Africa.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"Mr Prasek made headlines last summer after a cyclist collided with the lioness as he was taking her for a walk on a leash. After intervention by police, the incident was deemed a traffic accident."  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When derp collides, huh?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#48]
You can have my lion when you pry it from my cold dead...........................................oh wait
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
From the Fox story:

View Quote
"Okay, so who wants to go get the other lion?  Takers?"
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You can have my lion when you pry it from my cold dead...........................................oh wait
View Quote
In Czech Republic, you pry cold dead hand from lion!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top