Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2020 12:42:25 AM EDT
I am new to the AR. I purchased a “California compliant rifle. I live in another state. Can I make this AR non California compliant by changing out the lower receiver? Any help would be great.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 1:29:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#1]
Originally Posted By Bj1966:
I am new to the AR. I purchased a "California compliant rifle. I live in another state. Can I make this AR non California compliant by changing out the lower receiver? Any help would be great.

Thanks
View Quote
Welcome to arfcom.

The short answer is - yes - you can.  Anything that can be assembled can be unassembled, and re-assembled.   AR15's are the 'barbie doll' of rifles and are endlessly customizable into various configurations.  Some are CA-legal, some are not.

Is it a "featured" -or- "featureless" build?  CA 'compliant' rifles can come in many forms.   Can you post a photo of your configuration?  

Does your rifle have a fixed magazine, or removable magazine?  
A flash hider, or a comp?
A fixed stock, or an adjustable stock?
A pistol grip, or a non-pistol grip?

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 1:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
just replace the parts no need for a whole new lower.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top