Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2022 9:37:24 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Ingredients first. Woodford Old Fashioned syrup, orange bitters, and bourbon cherries (not shown). Smoke boards kit using the cherry wood, glass wear, jigger and I prefer mine made with rye so High West Double Rye

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Make smoke! While that's smoking up, mix 2oz whiskey, a 1/2oz syrup and 5 dashes of bitters

Mix it up and add the mix into the smoky jar. Pour over ice and enjoy. Typically you garnish with an orange which I lacked, so extra cherry
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks tasty. I’ll be right over.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thinking I’m needing to try that!
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It was pretty tasty
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks tasty. I’ll be right over.
View Quote

If you're in my neck of the woods I welcome it!
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I was served one of them in a bar once... seemed like a $9 drink with $21 worth of theatrics.

Would rather have just had 2 more drinks instead of the the smoke for the same money.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was served one of them in a bar once... seemed like a $9 drink with $21 worth of theatrics.

Would rather have just had 2 more drinks instead of the the smoke for the same money.
View Quote

This is why I mostly drink at home anymore. Even when I travel I buy a bottle for the hotel room or take a flask. Bar prices are nuts
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Great work. First, I am a whisky drinker, just can't wrap my head around the petrified candied cherry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
My tarbender has a bigger cloche and a fan with a hose

he smokes the drink under the glass

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#9]
ETA: sorry
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Great work. First, I am a whisky drinker, just can't wrap my head around the petrified candied cherry.
View Quote

There is a big difference between cherries like these and your typical maraschino cherries. That said, it would be delicious without.

I will pretty much always prefer high proof Bourbon jeat as my alcoholic drink of choice, but once every few months I decide to make a cocktail
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I like to smoke the whole drink as well, I think it imparts a lot more flavour. I use a glass cake lid to do it, not need for fancy cloche lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]
The only thing I may change is to leave out the orange bitters, and use 3-4 dashes of Angostura bitters. Then, cut a peel from an orange over top of the glass and let the oils express into the glass. You get a nice, citrus aroma this way. For me, the orange bitters just give it an off flavor.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The only thing I may change is to leave out the orange bitters, and use 3-4 dashes of Angostura bitters. Then, cut a peel from an orange over top of the glass and let the oils express into the glass. You get a nice, citrus aroma this way. For me, the orange bitters just give it an off flavor.
View Quote

What brand Orange bitters are you using?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was Regan’s, I believe. And in all fairness, that is the only orange bitters that I have used, so a different brand may very will make a difference. If you have any suggestions, I’ll try it out!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It was Regan’s, I believe. And in all fairness, that is the only orange bitters that I have used, so a different brand may very will make a difference. If you have any suggestions, I’ll try it out!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dig the Woodford ones thus far
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fee Brothers.

A lot of people mix 50/50 Regan's and Fee Brothers (called Feegans). Supposed to really taste great, but I haven't tried it myself yet. Japan doesn't seem to really care much about bitters.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#18]

I learned a new word today.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I just can’t embrace an Old Fashioned.  I know it’s the official drink of Wisconsin. We’re not from here, but bitters literally make me vomit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just can't embrace an Old Fashioned.  I know it's the official drink of Wisconsin. We're not from here, but bitters literally make me vomit.
View Quote
There is nothing better than a korbel old fashioned!  Although I can't make them worth a crap or any cocktail for that matter I'm working on it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top